• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing the prices now for the Sale Cards is hilarious. I bought a mystery card at .72, it turned into a Skyrim and sold at about 1.40. Now they are all mid .20s

oipic

Apologies if this was covered three thousand posts ago, but what's up with the Australian store page for Tomb Raider Anniversary?

I guess it's not intentional that it contain only the option to buy the bundle?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
It's no longer a sniper simulation. It's very much a linear action oriented FPS wherein the main weapon is a sniper rifle. Also, the game on normal difficulty holds your hand every step of the way and you constantly have a partner moving the story along. So if you're looking for a legitimate sniper sim, this game isn't for you. But if you are more interested in a linear action FPS, you might find some entertainment. Visually, the game uses Crytech's Cryengine 3 so it definitely has a nice presentation.

(I posted this in the other thread.)

Edit,

You can turn off the shooting aids, to simulate bullet drop and wind resistance. But the core game never changes.

Thank you. Guess I won't be picking it up.

bonesquad

Any about to expire sales worth grabbing? I already have LA Noire.

And Bad Rats would suck just as bad if it was an iOS/mobile game.

Divius

Seeing the prices now for the Sale Cards is hilarious. I bought a mystery card at .72, it turned into a Skyrim and sold at about 1.40. Now they are all mid .20s
Ha, yeah. Glad I bought a few mysterycards before the sale. Made a decent profit of of it. Would have bought more if I knew.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
A wise man once told me that if we collect all the Rocks we found on the ground we could, one day, build a Castle with all of them.

Sometimes I think that we, as a Community can become much more powerful when united. I believe that we have the best members on any Website or Message Board ever known simply because no matter how different we are, we share the same love for Games.

That is what makes me proud. All of you, fellow GAFfers.

qEai8pH.jpg

There is a total of 335 fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not.

I see how it is. :<

I'll just go bury myself in this mountain of games.

Acorn

I'm holding onto my summer cards in the hope the price will rise once the sale is over and the cards are no longer available.

Baust

A wise man once told me that if we collect all the Rocks we found on the ground we could, one day, build a Castle with all of them.

Sometimes I think that we, as a Community can become much more powerful when united. I believe that we have the best members on any Website or Message Board ever known simply because no matter how different we are, we share the same love for Games.

qEai8pH.jpg

There is a total of 335 fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not.
Wow, excellent work!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
There needs to be a real sniping simulation game(or hell, just a decent sniping game) with Soldier of Fortune 2 style damage modelling to itch my sadistic side.

Try Sniper Elite (the first one). Or alternatively, Sniper Elite V2 (you'll get the joke if you play it) if you want updated graphics but more streamlined mechanics.

Just realize they're not actually simulation level games.

Thanks for that, saved me some money. No buy.
Thank you.  Guess I won't be picking it up.

:D. Always.

It's a shame what happened to the series potential though.

TheContact

Funny thing is, I personally enjoyed watching other people playing it more than playing it myself.

This is true, someone streamed this on SDA a month or so ago and it was one of the funniest thing I've ever witnessed, especially because I just stumbled upon it and had no idea the game existed. Thought it was a joke game for a while

Dambrosi

Banned
Thanks for that, saved me some money. No buy.
What about Sniper Elite V2 or Nazi Zombie Army (currently on Daily Deal, no less)? Or even Sniper Elite 1? I've heard good things, and have played a bit of the first, which is atmospheric if a bit clunky.

Try Sniper Elite (the first one). Or alternatively, Sniper Elite V2 (you'll get the joke if you play it) if you want updated graphics but more streamlined mechanics.

Heh, I've played them and the first game is actually really good. V2 is fun but so simple and repetitive. Want an actual sniping game with care put into it :/ Arma is great but obviously not focused on it.

Sniper Elite V2's gore was amusing, but there was no dismemberment when you shot a grenade among other things which made it a bit disappointing. Plus when you shot someone there was very little visable damage on the outside. Soldier of Fortune 2 made guns feel incredibly power, when you shot someone their face was gone.

If your out their The_Monk, <3

MonkeyDot

Banned
Dear GAFfers, I must depart early from the festivities, for I am going on vacation. I might still be able to get some wifi spots with my phone, and my appearences in the thread shall be short but sweet.
I regret to inform I did not get enough money from the cards to buy 400 days.
I hope you have despised my stay, and I wish you a merry christmas. Thank you. See you around.

Do spam me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MonkeyDot

All hail Gaben.

I shall disappear now.

3x1AN.gif

the fucking smoke hasn't worked yet...
I keep trying...

hahahah congrats?
Is it negative or positive to complete Bad Rats?
Not difficult if you're the only one playing it.
#1 stunna
could it be used in place of water boarding?
If yes, then America has a new, not so secret, weapon
...and I suppose you feel proud of what you did? :mad:
If I ever get bad rats, I will take you down bro. BRO!
Mother of God.
It was fun. :)

Seriously, I thought it was a real challenge and that someone would reward me afterward... :(

Edwardo

qEai8pH.jpg

Wow, I just got back from work and I see this. Awesome!!!!

10 mins til Community Choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom