• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

A wise man once told me that if we collect all the Rocks we found on the ground we could, one day, build a Castle with all of them.

Sometimes I think that we, as a Community can become much more powerful when united. I believe that we have the best members on any Website or Message Board ever known simply because no matter how different we are, we share the same love for Games.

That is what makes me proud. All of you, fellow GAFfers.

qEai8pH.jpg

There is a total of 335 fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not.
*tear*

I'm new to the SteamGAF community, but they are already so lovely.

Firehead

A wise man once told me that if we collect all the Rocks we found on the ground we could, one day, build a Castle with all of them.

Sometimes I think that we, as a Community can become much more powerful when united. I believe that we have the best members on any Website or Message Board ever known simply because no matter how different we are, we share the same love for Games.

http://i.imgur.com/qEai8pH.jpg[IMG]

There is a total of [B]335[/B] fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

[B]We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well done!

qEai8pH.jpg

There is a total of 335 fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not.
Oh my god, I just saw that.

This is really amazing!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Whoa, the we got a whole new thread in the time I was gone.

Did I miss anything?
The_Monk posted this:

qEai8pH.jpg

Jaykay

At stage 10 of Hotline Miami

My eyes need some rest.

This game is something else though, absolutely brilliant.

In my first playthrough, stage 10 was definitely the one that gave me the biggest headache. Everything is pretty tricky until that point, but then it feels like that stage ups the challenge ante quite a bit.

Luckily as you go through it more, it becomes a lot easier to adjust.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Heh, I've played them and the first game is actually really good. V2 is fun but so simple and repetitive. Want an actual sniping game with care put into it :/ Arma is great but obviously not focused on it.

Sniper Elite V2's gore was amusing, but there was no dismemberment when you shot a grenade among other things which made it a bit disappointing. Plus when you shot someone there was very little visable damage on the outside. Soldier of Fortune 2 made guns feel incredibly power, when you shot someone their face was gone.

It's unfortunate, but I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a game that matches the dismemberment depth of SoF2.

MonkeyDot

Banned
Dear GAFfers, I must depart early from the festivities, for I am going on vacation. I might still be able to get some wifi spots with my phone, and my appearences in the thread shall be short but sweet.
I regret to inform I did not get enough money from the cards to buy 400 days.
I hope you have despised my stay, and I wish you a merry christmas. Thank you. See you around.

Do spam me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MonkeyDot

All hail Gaben.

I shall disappear now.

3x1AN.gif

the fucking smoke hasn't worked yet... I keep trying...

but NOW I shall depart!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
But... You are there! :(

And I know I missed a lot of people in here but that's all 335 fellow GAFfer I got in the last 4 hours.

Now... who was those GAFfers calling me creepy when I asked to keep posting because I needed your Avatars? Huh? :p

I'm on there - thanks man! *high five*

---

Completely unrelated (and I'm not going to expound on this, just going to vent a little) I really don't understand the mindset of someone who would be rude to an open-source developer about their code.

It's open source - if you don't like it you're free to change it. But don't get all upset about it if the developer won't change something for you.

Inversive

So day 2 of my first ever steam sale and i've picked up;
Bad rats
Witcher 2
C&C4
C&C3 +Kane's Wrath
Bioshock 1, 2 and infinite
Mirror's edge
Dark souls
System shock 2
New Vegas ultimate edition
The walking dead
Shogun 2 fall of the samurai collection
Hotline Miami
Half life 2
Saints row 3 full package
The last remnant
Left 4 dead 2

PHEW, I think my library has doubled haha! Still looking for good deals on Metro, Stalker, Dead island and Fallout 3 goty edition. This shit is better than Xmas.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

qEai8pH.jpg

<3

qEai8pH.jpg

This is amazing, kudos to you for making it!

Bad rats
Witcher 2
C&C4
C&C3 +Kane's Wrath
Mirror's edge
Dark souls
System shock 2
The walking dead
Hotline Miami
Half life 2
The last remnant
Left 4 dead 2

PHEW, I think my library has doubled haha! Still looking for good deals on Metro, Stalker, Dead island and Fallout 3 goty edition. This shit is better than Xmas.

But... Many of those haven't been daily deals yet.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, but...is it any good?

Looks cool and goofy in a John Carpenter sort of way. And I digs me some John Carpenter.

It can be serviceable. If you can gather 3 other friends to join you; the game serves as a good medium for hilarious antics or occurances to ensue. But intrinsically, it doesn't do much to iterate on the basic formula of all other zombie wave based games.

There are some references to Carpenter though.

Bad rats
Witcher 2
C&C4
C&C3 +Kane's Wrath
Mirror's edge
Dark souls

System shock 2

The walking dead

Hotline Miami
Half life 2
The last remnant
Left 4 dead 2

[strike[Wait!? WHAT!? Did that get a flash sale and I missed it? It's the one game I've ben waiting to pick up so I just want to ensure that I didn't end up missing the sale. [/s]If it hasn't, you really need to wait for the daily deals or your just going to kick yourself later when they appear.

EDIT: I didn't notice Shogun 2 either; did both of these appear? I don't think I missed a group of flash sales so I just want to be certain. I know it was a community vote (that didn't win) so it will almost certainly appear elsewhere and I'm hoping I've not missed it.

EDIT: Never mind, answered below, phew.

Your momentary confusion will very quickly turn to triumphant victory
before a lapse in judgement leaves you as a smoldering wreck and your crew brutally murdered.

It's an excellent game, extremely addictive with a nice, pleasing style and music that compliments the game well. You've made a very good decision.

Thanks, lol. I made the choice because of the OST.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Wait!? WHAT!? Did that get a flash sale and I missed it? It's the one game I've ben waiting to pick up so I just want to ensure that I didn't end up missing the sale. If it hasn't, you really need to wait for the daily deals or your just going to kick yourself later when they appear.

Not a flash sale I think just normal sale. I think it's 4.99 or 5.99

mannerbot

Wait!? WHAT!? Did that get a flash sale and I missed it? It's the one game I've ben waiting to pick up so I just want to ensure that I didn't end up missing the sale. If it hasn't, you really need to wait for the daily deals or your just going to kick yourself later when they appear.

Pretty safe bet that it won't be a daily, but yeah should wait until the last day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom