• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
At stage 10 of Hotline Miami

tumblr_m2mr9pD6jh1qineolo1_500.gif

My eyes need some rest.

This game is something else though, absolutely brilliant.

There are so many avatars in that picture that I wouldn't even know if mine made it in there or not, because I'm just too lazy to look.

The Monk knows how to make inspiring speeches, that's for sure.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SpaceChem -- MB-EAE17D096FAA36B8 - Taken by Dmax3901

Since a few people were talking about it earlier, I sourced a copy.

Save for other games or get SS13? That's my debate right now. I only have $24 and want like five more games

I've only performed the first two surgeries but it's a lot of fun. It's kind of like a more extensive qwop but for surgeries. I'm enjoying it, but keep in mind I got it for free. Seems worth the 3 dollars though, but if you really are that strict about what you can spend it's best to wait for the other games I suppose.

Dambrosi

Banned
Wasn't the journey the true reward?
In this case, no. It was more like a sentence.

I've only performed the first two surgeries but it's a lot of fun. It's kind of like a more extensive qwop but for surgeries. I'm enjoying it, but keep in mind I got it for free. Seems worth the 3 dollars though, but if you really are that strict about what you can spend it's best to wait for the other games I suppose.
we need Atlus to make more Trauma Center games.
Or whatever you call them in Americaland.

The_Monk

I see how it is. :<

I'll just go bury myself in this mountain of games.

But... You are there! :(

And I know I missed a lot of people in here but that's all 335 fellow GAFfer I got in the last 4 hours.

Now... who was those GAFfers calling me creepy when I asked to keep posting because I needed your Avatars? Huh? :p

---

Also, look what I have found people, I wonder if these Activate on Steam! (I know they won't, just kidding, but a shame!)

DVNpdajl.jpg

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
What about Sniper Elite V2 or Nazi Zombie Army (currently on Daily Deal, no less)? Or even Sniper Elite 1? I've heard good things, and have played a bit of the first, which is atmospheric if a bit clunky.

Don't buy Nazi Zombie Army if you want a serious game let alone a sniper game.

Sniper Elite 2 has better graphics and a more detailed kill cam shots. Everyone always posts the nuts shots for some low brow humor. But the kill cam also includes the vital organs and if you manage to hit a enemies grenade on their belt; it will explode. The levels aren't all that open and the entire experience is more slanted toward action than anything else. Animations are slightly improved but still suffer from some stiffness. And all of the gun play and tool mechanics outside of the rifle need serious revisions. The game has a better integrated score attack system if your interested in that.

Also, if your into low brow amusement. The DLC includes a mission that allows you to kill a fleeing, and ultimately, cowering Hitler. The entire affair is pretty embarrassing.

Mugatu

Hmm, I got two of the same card dropped by Hitman and put them up for sale at different times obviously.

Well I forgot to adjust the price on the first one (value had dropped since) but I just went to look and someone bought the more expensive one for some reason and left the cheaper one still up for sale.

Nimajneb

I just spent 3 hours downloading The Witcher 2, then 2 more idling to get cards. Just so I could sell them for 80 cents, the exact amount required to buy a Tomb Raider game. Steam is amazing.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider : Anniversary -- MB-9BEB9C138290F7D6 - Taken by mannerbot

Digoman

Save for other games or get SS13? That's my debate right now. I only have $24 and want like five more games

I would save it. SS13 is fun in a "let's see how I screw up" kind of way, but it's a limited appeal outside of that... at least that the impression I got so far. It is probably worth it for the price, but there will be a lot better games to get.

But... You are there! :(

And I know I missed a lot of people in here but that's all 335 fellow GAFfer I got in the last 4 hours.

Now... who was those GAFfers calling me creepy when I asked to keep posting because I needed your Avatars? Huh? :p

Sorry for thinking you were creepy Monk. It's just that my avatar is so good looking, so it's natural to be suspicious.

I believe it was three or four euro when it was a daily deal so, really, it dpends what type of games you want to get. If they're smaller/older games you'd probably be fine but if not you may be better off leaving it until later in the sale. The important thing to consider is whether you'd be buying it solely for the novelty factor (which isn't to say it wouldn't be enjoyable for the duration) and if it would have any longetivity for you.

I caved in and bought FTL.....My life is over...

Your momentary confusion will very quickly turn to triumphant victory
before a lapse in judgement leaves you as a smoldering wreck and your crew brutally murdered.

It's an excellent game, extremely addictive with a nice, pleasing style and music that compliments the game well. You've made a very good decision.

In this case, no. It was more like a sentence.

we need Atlus to make more Trauma Center games.
Or whatever you call them in Americaland.

Trauma Center :p Although the wii game is Trauma Team. But yeah, I agree that series is a lot of fun and the stories are often amusing if not entirely silly.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
A wise man once told me that if we collect all the Rocks we found on the ground we could, one day, build a Castle with all of them.

Sometimes I think that we, as a Community can become much more powerful when united. I believe that we have the best members on any Website or Message Board ever known simply because no matter how different we are, we share the same love for Games.

That is what makes me proud. All of you, fellow GAFfers.

qEai8pH.jpg

There is a total of 335 fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not.

D'aww, good work. Decent phone background actually.

Lower right side woop woop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom