• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oublieux

Yeah, I was surprised when I saw that 91% off (like Sleeping Dogs price mistake) but I managed to grab the ones that I missed :)

I loved that Sleeping Dogs price error; I already had the game by then and fully completed it, but a lot of the DLC was at that discount so I nabbed some of those, ha.

Turfster

It pretty much seems like they have every single flash sale and community choice possible's worth of cards stocked up, just ready to go whenever the games get picked.

I wonder if they manually give cards or if they have code that unlocks the cards once the game is put on sale.
Cards have become visible and gettable long before the actual game went on sale.

I loved that Sleeping Dogs price error; I already had the game by then and fully completed it, but a lot of the DLC was at that discount so I nabbed some of those, ha.

I got that Sleeping Dogs "price error" as well, but I'm not sure it was a pricing error, maybe it was planned all along by Gaben

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So Darksiders 2 worth it at 10$?

Some food for thought:

I actually liked the change of direction in general, with the game going from a Zelda/God of War lite hybrid to a frenetic third-person action-adventure romp -- the combat in particular I found to be rather enjoyable. My key issues, however, are that the loot system was clearly designed around the possessed weapon concept, rendering most of it useless (not unlike Blizzard designing Diablo 3's loot system around the RMAH), and the game is simply too big for its own good: while the first two worlds are generously sized, the quests are utterly uninspired and repetitive, requiring copious backtracking, and the latter two worlds are comparatively tiny. The campaign ought to have been limited to two larger worlds in an effort to flesh them out more, and another six months in the oven at the least wouldn't have gone astray. Also, most of the skills on offer are useless; there's one in particular that claims to lure enemies to attack your summoned ghouls rather than you... but it's of no importance as this is the default enemy AI behaviour. Oh, and there are bugs aplenty, some of them game-breaking and virtually none of them patched; the last update was three weeks after release.

The chiefly dull loot combined with the poorly-conceived skill tree means that even if you're enjoying what the game has to offer, you never feel as though you're improving your character in any meaningful way -- again, not unlike Diablo 3.

Man it was funny to see all my fellow gaffers buying the game so desperate LOL, ohh god, I loved that moment :)

whitehawk

Banned
BGpOp61.gif

bought
Is the steam version of RCT3 DRM free? If not, GOG.com has it for only $2 more.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/rollercoaster_tycoon_3

Vecks

I got that Sleeping Dogs "price error" as well, but I'm not sure it was a pricing error, maybe it was planned all along by Gaben

There's always at least 1 pricing error every once in a while. And they usually let it hang for at least half an hour. It does seem suspicious.

hawk2025

Oh wow, that price on the Tomb Raider FULL series bundle.

I'm tempted to go for it despite not having my gaming PC ready yet, just to replay the new Tomb Raider with all the PC niceties, and then also have everything else ready to go.

Decisions, decisions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom