• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
tumblr_mdiamaRmDq1r7mshyo1_r3_500.gif

jase this is wrong

If this is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

I feel that it wasn't that good. It answered some questions that come up later in the game, but other than that its fairly disconnected (even a separate .exe). I would say no.

I feel it's worth the asking price considering there's a generous amount of content. It took me around 7 hours to complete using stealth.

Killer game, already have it so i figured someone else might want it.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution -- MB-251ECACF2077A1AB - Taken by KMD

Salsa

Well that's the worry of whether it might have some ramifications in the long run. I'm contacting Steam to see.

the reciever end can't get blocked. as someone recieving a gift it's not your duty to know wether or not that gift would make YOUR account "risky". It's a gift, everyone's gonna take it. Im in South America, not a lot of GAF is from here, yet I recieved gifts from people all over the world.

If anyone's account is at "risk", it's dunder's.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Hey stump, modbot just sent me a message from when I posted that game earlier. That game is already gone, so I'm assuming this has something to do with you fixing the bug, and I should ignore it. I just thought I'd let you know.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Rogue Legacy! Where are you? :(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
before everyone goes "DAYUM WHERE DEM RUSSIAN GAFFERS AT" : you can't take international paypal paments if you're in Russia.

Well that'd be a pretty easy thing to get around simply by not using Paypal.

For example if you have family in Russia it'd be easy to get Russian payment credentials, and if you were doing a high volume of transactions you'd be able to profit even with international money transfer limitations (IE $2000 a month in sales at 3% money order--there's a Russian place near my house that has some CIS-only money transfer service so I have no idea if that has a lower fee--would only eat $60 in profit which is no problem given the margins you'd make)

If anyone's account is at "risk", it's dunder's.

Series of proxy accounts:
DunderHassan1
DunderHassan2
DunderHassan3
DunderHassan4
etc

Those accounts gift to DunderHassan, DunderHassan gifts to GAFfers. Under the scenario you say where the only risk is on the original buyer, not the receiver, there's no risk to his account because the game gets laundered out of the region. Not saying that's how he does it--just saying any kind of setup that only punishes one side can clearly be exploited by the other.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Well that's the worry of whether it might have some ramifications in the long run. I'm contacting Steam to see.

With over 500 gifts sold, I'm sure someone somewhere would've raised a red flag if there were any.

Don't Russian versions have a special tag, not ROW, but different. I'm not sure how he is able to buy at Russian prices and sell a tad cheaper than ROW copies, either but I have my theories. Very nice guy though.

Also the UT2k4 backgrounds are way to dark, even the rare ones, let down.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, thread #3 already. :O

I'm tallying up the entries into the Mirror's Edge giveaway right now... got a ton of entries that I'm having fun looking through and reading. Results will be out shortly. :)

I complain about regional pricing..a lot.

My concern with organised "gifting/selling" like that is it will only make things more difficult down the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom