• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

Hello my good fellow GAFfers, finally, I'm back! I've missed you all so much it's not even funny...!

Welcome back! We missed you too.

You missed pricing errors on Just Cause (the first one) and GalCiv, and the Steam community's poor taste in games. (And me getting all sappy and sentimental about how much I'm going to miss these threads when the sale's over, though most people apparently missed that in all the freaking out about Dragon's Lair winning the community choice vote, which is something I still can't fathom.)

Do the old fallout games still hold up? I bought the collection anyway, since it's dirt cheap, but are those games still good by todays standards? Also, any mods I should look into? Thanks.

Summer Sale has taught me 2 things:

1 - Steam Community have no clue what to vote for
2 - Steam Community have no clue about economics, pricing and the market. UNDERCUT UNTIL THERE IS NO VALUE!

Pretty disappointing on both counts. I think my votes won maybe 3 times, out of 30.

On another note if anyone has an extra copy of System Shock 2 and would like to trade for it, please pm me.

2 - Steam Community have no clue about economics, pricing and the market. UNDERCUT UNTIL THERE IS NO VALUE!

That's how any market works when the supply vastly outstrips demand. If people were interested in buying them at higher prices you wouldn't see 50,000 of these cards just sitting around on the marketplace.

mrgone

Someone gifted me "The Ship" and I quickly clicked accept and now I can't even tell who it was to thank them. How do you tell who gave you a gift?

Wasn't The Ship the game that was actually multiplying exponentially for a while? You get it as a gift, then you get three more copies to gift, etc. I was hoping we could drown all the Bad Rats in a sea of The Ship, eventually :)

That's how any market works when the supply vastly outstrips demand. If people were interested in buying them at higher prices you wouldn't see 50,000 of these cards just sitting around on the marketplace.

Oh shit, your avatar just reminded me that Spelunky's out in two weeks! That's not nearly enough time to recover from the broken knees and severed fingers the summer sale leaves in its wake.

The GAF thread has taught me that people expect things that they've gotten for doing nothing, that a substantial number of others have gotten for also doing nothing, should hold significant value despite either of those facts. :p

chixdiggit

Everyone who didn't buy Euro Truck Simulator is a bad person.

After watching some videos I just can't see how it can be any fun. I mean it looks exactly like going to work.
I used to drive a large delivery truck and in no way would I want to pay money to simulate it at home and not get paid for it.
I must admit I almost did pick it up because of GAF hype.

any word on differences between the thief games on steam versus the ones from gog? aside from drm?

i'm asking with a particular interest in compatibility. i know new version of dark engine had been released recently by looking glass folks on their forum and was wondering if the steam version incorporated that?

the gog versions include that as far as i understand.

NG28

Daily deal games shouldn't be put up for flash sales and community deals. You end up seeing the same games on sale 2-3 times, and some games never get a sale. Daily's go for 48 hours yes? That should be enough time for anyone to get the game.

KiDdYoNe

Well, since it's THE END, i have some extras and still my wanted list has some games. So:

[H]
Bastion x2
Trine 2: Complete Story x2
PAYDAY x1
Fallout Collection (1, 2, Tactics) x2
Galactic Civilizations Complete x1
+ some McPixel, Time Gentelmen and Serious Sam Random.

[W]
Numbers 1-10

PM if something.

Tellaerin

Daily deal games shouldn't be put up for flash sales and community deals. You end up seeing the same games on sale 2-3 times, and some games never get a sale. Daily's go for 48 hours yes? That should be enough time for anyone to get the game.

Unless for whatever reason you don't have the cash at the time the game goes on sale. (Like I didn't for most of the week, since I was waiting to get paid.) Remember, not everyone is in the same position as you are. For some of us, the repeat sales are actually useful.

metalshade

After watching some videos I just can't see how it can be any fun. I mean it looks exactly like going to work.
I used to drive a large delivery truck and in no way would I want to pay money to simulate it at home and not get paid for it.
I must admit I almost did pick it up because of GAF hype.

Well I guess if you used to do it for a living, maybe a game about it wouldn't really have the same novelty, al-right, you win.
It has cards......so technically you are getting paid for it...........

Oh shit, your avatar just reminded me that Spelunky's out in two weeks! That's not nearly enough time to recover from the broken knees and severed fingers the summer sale leaves in its wake.

Oh man, I forgot it was coming so soon... I'm going to need to power through some of these games before Spelunky sucks all my free time.

The_Monk

Most recent news:

Kentucky Route Zero lost to Dragon's Lair in the community vote.

Everyone (including me) went crazy.

What...? :/ WHY

where have you been, Monk?
we missed you too.

PM Sent fellow GAFfer. :)

Yaay, The_Monk has returned! Welcome back man.

Oh, hey look, another great fellow GAFfer, glad to see you here good sir!

Welcome back! We missed you too.

You missed pricing errors on Just Cause (the first one) and GalCiv, and the Steam community's poor taste in games. (And me getting all sappy and sentimental about how much I'm going to miss these threads when the sale's over, though most people apparently missed that in all the freaking out about Dragon's Lair winning the community choice vote, which is something I still can't fathom.)

Thank you very much for the kind update, I missed you all too, good people!

last day thread will be up in a bit

What does this mean fellow GAFfer? This thread is getting closed? A thread just for the final day deals? Thanks in advance for answering.

Crayons

Banned

The Summer Sale has taught me that nobody panics when things go according to plan. Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell SteamGAF that, like, Borderlands 2 will go on sale, or Skyrim will be a daily deal, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan". But when I say that little Kentucky Route Zero won't go on sale, well then everyone loses their minds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom