• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karu

1) As difficult as you make it. Getting Silent Assassin rating on a mission is challenging, but actually completing one is not.
2) Controls are excellent on the PC. You don't need a controller to enjoy the game.
Well, that's a purchase for me than, thanks!

MadmanUK

All you lose watching Dragon's Lair over playing Dragon's Lair is a shitload of repetition and frustration. It's a fun bit of animation, but a fairly game-less game.

I played it in the arcade when i was 10. It's the only game i can think of that made cry.

NIGHT-

How come my copy of version of Morrowind and Oblivion are no longer listed as game of the year versions? They used to show up on my list as them

FACE

Banned
isT0UNGKdJds1.jpg

Was so close to buying Fallout Collection since I couldn't find my FO1-2 discs, popped open my BoS case and everything's in there.

Going to figure out how to install this on W7.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/247406/how_to_play_fallout_and_fallout_2_in_windows_7.html

:)

derExperte

Would you guys recommend The Cave?

Very disappointing game. The puzzles are simple and only take time to solve because of the boring running around that's necessary, most of the time no teamwork is required and you have to repeat some sections when playing through again with other characters. Other 2d adventures like Swapper or Vessel are much, much better.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
if it had only 6 characters I would of given it a solid 8/10, but that 7th character almost felt like they were just trying to piss you off, running through the game twice was enough, but to do it all again just to see the 7th characters story line was a step to far
I can agree with that. Never seen The Twins because of it, no idea if I ever will. But I like the idea of still having "stuff" to do in a game i've finished. :p

Sianos

Eh, I think I'll wait on Rogue's Legacy. Ten dollars is still a bit steep, and I can pick up multiple gems with that money.

The_Monk

Hello my good fellow GAFfers, finally, I'm back! I've missed you all so much it's not even funny...!

I'm fine, made it back without injuries in 95% of my body so it's all good, I believe. I'm trying to recover everything I've missed in here but it's seems a case of a lot of speed in the Steam threads.

How have you all been? Were thre any Steam problems? GAF problems? Did I missed good deals or great deals? I managed to log in once using 3G. That was how bad the service was, horrible...

If there's anything I need to know, please send me a PM to avoid going off topic, also, if there's a very kind soul who can send me a PM with the latest info, you will have my gratitude. Thank you all in advance fellow GAFfers!

Volotaire

Oh I tried Surgery Simulator the other day. Came in a skeptic, came out a believer.

I tried trials too, was expecting a fancy version of the flash games I used to play when I was a bit younger, I came out bloody impressed.

Both were enjoyable and funny.

Any recommended dollar games?

These are all around a dollar:

Time Gentlemen, Please! / Ben There, Dan That!
Wizorb
Cthulhu Saves the World / Breath of Death VII
Toki Tori
McPixel
Super Hexagon
DLC Quest
Civilization III
Dungeons of Dredmor
Blocks That Matter
The Binding of Isaac
Cardinal Quest
Critter Crunch

Summer Sale has taught me 2 things:

1 - Steam Community have no clue what to vote for
2 - Steam Community have no clue about economics, pricing and the market. UNDERCUT UNTIL THERE IS NO VALUE!

Slyjss

I can agree with that. Never seen The Twins because of it, no idea if I ever will. But I like the idea of still having "stuff" to do in a game i've finished. :p

The Twins is one of my favourite stories in the game. BTW, to actually complete the game, you have to finish each story twice changing the choice at the end
taking the desired object or leaving it
and then you get different endings. THAT was boring.

DukeBobby

Hello my good fellow GAFfers, finally, I'm back! I've missed you all so much it's not even funny...!

I'm fine, made it back without injuries in 95% of my body so it's all good, I believe. I'm trying to recover everything I've missed in here but it's seems a case of a lot of speed in the Steam threads.

How have you all been? Were thre any Steam problems? GAF problems? Did I missed good deals or great deals? I managed to log in once using 3G. That was how bad the service was, horrible...

If there's anything I need to know, please send me a PM to avoid going off topic, also, if there's a very kind soul who can send me a PM with the latest info, you will have my gratitude. Thank you all in advance fellow GAFfers!

Most recent news:

Kentucky Route Zero lost to Dragon's Lair in the community vote.

Everyone (including me) went crazy.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?

where have you been, Monk?
we missed you too.

metalshade

2 - Steam Community have no clue about economics, pricing and the market. UNDERCUT UNTIL THERE IS NO VALUE!

This is extremely true.
Shame that these same fools will one day be in positions of power and authority.
The end is nigh folks!
lol.

Yaay, The_Monk has returned! Welcome back man.

Stimpack

You're the best. Was looking on NMA Fallout as well, along with the restoration project.

I think I have Fallout 1 & 2 in my closet. Never bought Tactics, at least I don't think I did. I still have the spiral-bound instruction manual as well. Decided to buy the collection on Steam anyway.

~Kinggi~

Banned

I think the market stuff is a symptom of how its set up. There is such a rapid number of card postings that the only way for people to sell anything is to post a lower value card because all people do is refresh the new postings page and try and snag each cheap card the fastest. If there was a better way of sorting and displaying new entries people wouldnt feel the need to game the system with cheap prices.

bender

What time is it?
Anyone have any spots in a Chivalry 4-pack?

edit: I made $21 on cards on games that I already owned before the sale (except swapper). Then I stupidly spent $4.50 getting my level 5 Hotline Miami badge. :(

Chris R

Civ V Gold Upgrade would give me all the Gold package items with my vanilla Civ V purchase right? Worth it for $5 or should I just wait for Brave New World to go on sale to get back into Civ?

Zeknurn

So did anyone from Valve explain why the mascots (Sir Roderick et al.) did not appear at all during the sale?

What if the symbols found in the post cards were clues for us to help find Cyl, Tappet and Sir Roderick? What if they had been kidnapped and we were their only hope? When instead all we did was complain about community choice.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Civ V Gold Upgrade would give me all the Gold package items with my vanilla Civ V purchase right? Worth it for $5 or should I just wait for Brave New World to go on sale to get back into Civ?

I got it. The way I think of it is I'll get the DLC I missed play it for a while then in the fall sale we are bound to see Brave New World get a steep discount.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Someone gifted me "The Ship" and I quickly clicked accept and now I can't even tell who it was to thank them. How do you tell who gave you a gift?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom