• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karu

(I guess there were discussions on every game ever so far, so I hope I don't annoy everybody if I repeat a question ;) )

Hitman :Blood Money - I want to buy it, but while researching, I stumpled upon two things...

1.) How difficult is it?
2.) How are the controls?!

I'm highly considering buying Natural Selection 2. The RTS/FPS mix appeals to me as I LOVED playing Command and Conquer renegade when it came out. Is the game active and is it any good?

Just loaded up the Steam version of SS2 for the first time and man, it's so nice having SS2 just running perfectly right from the gate. Modified a text file to get proper HUD scaling and I was golden. It looks perfect at 1080.

Li Kao

Does Modbot work now? I wanna gift a game here.

I was scared of Lynch flicks :(

Hmm, you could sorta try the game for yourself if it intrigues you. The dev has released a demo with a side story. You could have a better understanding of the game then, it is not the easiest game to describe.
Maybe a visual novel without walls of texts ?
I only finished act I, you don't play as much as you let yourself be transported by the game world and mood. If this description doesn't scare you, you really should try it yourself.
From the little I read about the genre, "a magical realist adventure game" is not an undeserved description. One moment you are told about the life of little mining towns and the next you are... elsewhere.
Ok, I surrender, super hard to describe without spoiling much. You like a unique mood, world, narrative, go for it. You want your games to be exclusively 'games' ? Skip it.

As for my personal haul...
Rogue Legacy
Monaco
Home
Lone Survivor
La-Mulana
Gunpoint
System Shock 2
Sleeping Dogs - The Year of the Snake
Sleeping Dogs: Wheels of Fury
Dishonored - The Knife Of Dunwall DLC
Castle Crashers
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4
Tomb Raider: Tomb of Lost Adventurer
Resident Evil 6
Ys I and II Chronicles
FEZ

Most of my indie wishlist, imokwiththat.gif.

Dizzy

Banned
Just picked up Dark souls, awful, awful, awful port.

I got dsfix but it says its best to keep the game at 30fps to avoid game issues and getting your account banned? also I'm getting screen tearing no matter what framerate it's running it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any recommended dollar games?

Toki Tori is a fun and lovely puzzle-platformer (IIRC, Two Tribes even left the Portal 2 early release ARG levels in the game), though you likely already have it.

The Basement Collection is a compilation of nine indie titles from one half of Team Meat (Super Meat Boy). I haven't played them myself, though.

Breath of Death VII + Cthulhu Saves the World are a couple of enjoyable yesteryear JRPG-inspired RPGs that poke fun at the genre, though they're not long affairs (a few, maybe several hours at best for each).

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
People should really buy The Cave, it's a very entertaining game and a steal for that price.
Some nice puzzles and some pretty great dark comedy. I liked the platforming, some people didn't. Let's just keep it at "not exceptional."
Swapping between your three guy's might be a pain at first, but I got used to it pretty fast.

(I guess there were discussions on every game ever so far, so I hope I don't annoy everybody if I repeat a question ;) )

Hitman :Blood Money - I want to buy it, but while researching, I stumpled upon two things...

1.) How difficult is it?
2.) How are the controls?!

1) As difficult as you make it. Getting Silent Assassin rating on a mission is challenging, but actually completing one is not.
2) Controls are excellent on the PC. You don't need a controller to enjoy the game.

I wouldnt be surprised if KRZ gets a flash deal before the sale is over. If not a flash deal then one of the daily wor mid week/weekend deals soon after the sale ends.

I've scratched together enough for 1 $5 game. Probably going to be Giana Sisters unless Fez goes on sale again. Anybody here own both and could pass on an opinion on both games?

def sim

I got dsfix but it says its best to keep the game at 30fps to avoid game issues and getting your account banned? also I'm getting screen tearing no matter what framerate it's running it.

Put it on 60fps. Your account won't be banned and it's rare to run into issues with it. Backspace will be mapped to a 30/60 switch anyway. You're going to have to force vsync through radeon pro or the geforce equivalent. You can also run borderless window mode with dsfix to get rid of screen tearing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd be willing to bet that if all those here who voted for Dragon's Lair or Evoland as a joke had instead voted for KR0, it would have won. :p

Volotaire

I was willing to pay a fellow GAffer money for a Fallout Collection.

But what I got in return was it for free.

Cheers to Vardhan. Very kind, and even when I insisted I would pay, he wanted to gift it for free. giving back to the community. Cheers!

It's not irrational to save money, but when it's 30p (and you stand the risk of the pricing error being fixed) it's probably not worth the time it takes to get someone to gift the game to you and paypal them the money. It obviously depends on the person; I used to be like that back when I was still in uni.

I had the package ready on the paypal confirmation part. I know how to deal with these ;)

It just adds the DLC. People told me that it would just add the DLC and put vanilla new vegas in my inventory for me to trade later, but that didn't happen.

Ya, I wanted the DLC anyway, so I rolled the dice. It only added the DLC to my existing game. Oh well. It would have been nice to give a full copy of the vanilla New Vegas to someone else.

iirc that was a just warning since it uses GWFL and it might do something but It seems nothing has happened and people are running it at 60 and higher.

did you enable vsync?

mrgone

Who in fucks name voted for Dragons Lair? Well i just watched the playthrough on YT, who's the idiot now???

It's me isn't it :(
All you lose watching Dragon's Lair over playing Dragon's Lair is a shitload of repetition and frustration. It's a fun bit of animation, but a fairly game-less game.

Tak3n

Banned
People should really buy The Cave, it's a very entertaining game and a steal for that price.
Some nice puzzles and some pretty great dark comedy. I liked the platforming, some people didn't. Let's just keep it at "not exceptional."
Swapping between your three guy's might be a pain at first, but I got used to it pretty fast.

if it had only 6 characters I would of given it a solid 8/10, but that 7th character almost felt like they were just trying to piss you off, running through the game twice was enough, but to do it all again just to see the 7th characters story line was a step to far

Whogie

Far Cry Blood Dragon is up for voting at -40%, but I saw it at -55% early in the sale without promotion. Really strange - I didn't jump on it then because it wasn't promoted, so I wasn't sure.

Voted on Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. Had an absolute blast with that game, so if it wins it's worth checking out.

Toki767

Far Cry Blood Dragon is up for voting at -40%, but I saw it at -55% early in the sale without promotion. Really strange - I didn't jump on it then because it wasn't promoted, so I wasn't sure.

Voted on Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. Had an absolute blast with that game, so if it wins it's worth checking out.
It was a pricing error.

Ohhh yes!
image.php

RS4-

isT0UNGKdJds1.jpg

Was so close to buying Fallout Collection since I couldn't find my FO1-2 discs, popped open my BoS case and everything's in there.

Going to figure out how to install this on W7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom