• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do I buy Assassin's Creed Syndicate Gold or standard edition?

I'd say that depends on whether or not the Jack the Ripper DLC is something you think you'd enjoy.

Edit: Also, note that Dreadful Crimes isn't included.

BasilZero

I hope they will be sold as bundles on Steam

Hopefully the bundle will be reduced in price for those who own some of the games....

I bought Ultimate storm 3 last year for $7.....then a month later it was part of a humble bunde ~_____~ so pissed off on that.

Aangster

Is Fallout 4's Far Harbor worth it purchased standalone? I'm not that interested in Nuka World nor the lame workshop content.

Arthea

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Monooboe

So I got the 8bit Bayonetta that was later removed, if I uninstall it does it disappear? Like some free games disappear but not all.

Fewr

Re: Diablo III vs Torchlight,

Thanks, I'll get Diablo III then. I've been discovering how amazing Blizzard's games are this year so a GAF thumbs up makes it a no brainer.

I remember I played deathspank on 360 ages ago, I just remember I played it and a bit of the humour. I can't remember the gameplay.

I think I already have Titan's Quest on steam. I'll check it out.

Grim Dawn would be the recommendation for ARPGs as far as I'm concerned. It is amazing; a true successor to Diablo 2.

Although if you've never played Diablo 2, that + the xpac are also worth looking into. Diablo 3 never felt like a real successor, which disappointed me a lot.
Any of the XCOM 2 DLC worth it?

Yeah, Alien Hunters is a nice addition that makes the game significantly harder, and Shen's Last Gift adds a mech soldier. I'd recommend only those two, but IIRC it's cheaper to get all of the DLC together in the season pass.

Kurumi

I want to get one more game but I can't decide between Castlevania: Lords of Shadow or Sleeping Dogs. I always take forever to choose something.

Grim Dawn would be the recommendation for ARPGs as far as I'm concerned. It is amazing; a true successor to Diablo 2.

Although if you've never played Diablo 2, that + the xpac are also worth looking into. Diablo 3 never felt like a real successor, which disappointed me a lot.

Personally Path of Exile is the ARPG, it has a huge population, and its free! In about a month a huge free expansion is coming out with a new league, so it will be a great time to jump in. Sure the skill tree is confusing (and still is to me after 4000 hours) but you can just find a guide for the skill points and play the game without worrying about the tree. Its not like any thought went into Diablo 2 builds and Diablo 3 doesnt even builds.

Tizoc

I want to get one more game but I can't decide between Castlevania: Lords of Shadow or Sleeping Dogs. I always take forever to choose something.
One is an action game with a fixed camera and outdated qtes, but decent gameplay ideas
The other has wei shen

Hektor

Namco stays winning.
I kinda liked Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 from what I played during the free weekend, so I might pick this up sometime (good thing I didn't buy any of them :p).

I suppose that free weekend did not include anything of the singleplayer campaign which are the meat of these games? Cos oh boi strap in for a ride

Kurumi

One is an action game with a fixed camera and outdated qtes, but decent gameplay ideas
The other has wei shen

I mean I played them both before way back on last gen consoles. Enjoyed them both. Never got around to the DLC for either. Wei Shen is a badass though..

Tonton

I suppose that free weekend did not include anything of the singleplayer campaign which are the meat of these games? Cos oh boi strap in for a ride
You could play all of it I think, I didn't get close to it but that was all I played of it

Personally Path of Exile is the ARPG, it has a huge population, and its free! In about a month a huge free expansion is coming out with a new league, so it will be a great time to jump in. Sure the skill tree is confusing (and still is to me after 4000 hours) but you can just find a guide for the skill points and play the game without worrying about the tree. Its not like any thought went into Diablo 2 builds and Diablo 3 doesnt even builds.

If Grim Dawn didn't exist I'd probably agree, but I just can't bring myself to overlook PoE's economy issue. (Monetising inventory space in a barter economy, c'mon. And I guess they do the same to progression, now that I think of it--skill items take inventory space.)

If Grim Dawn didn't exist I'd probably agree, but I just can't bring myself to overlook PoE's economy issue. (Monetising inventory space in a barter economy, c'mon. And I guess they do the same to progression, now that I think of it--skill items take inventory space.)

Well the game is free and in no way do you need to pay a dime, you can pay 10 to 20 dollars once for some stash tabs on sale and you are set forever (this is what I did and I now 4000 hours) and skill items taking up space dont really matter as you will be equipping all of your skill items so they wont take up space in your inventory. You have no need to keep gems you wont use as you can buy them all from vendors now. I understand some of the criticism for PoE, mainly regarding the complex skill tree, but it is definitely not pay to win in any sense of the word.

Just my thoughts.

black070

Guys, please give this PC newbie some recommendations - anything story centric like Alan Wake ? How is the standalone release for that matter ?

h#shdem0n

My haul:

Steam Controller
Dead Cells*
Mafia III
Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition
Shadow Blade: Reload
Dex
Gunpoint
Azure Striker Gunvolt
TRANSFORMERS: Devastation
Neon Chrome
BUTCHER
ICEY
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
I Am the Hero
Rex Rocket
Insanity's Blade
Headlander
Hollow Knight
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut

*I didn't buy this from Steam

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why call it encore if there are no daily deals anymore. what exactly are you encoring?

Grief.exe

The Sexy Brutale actually looks very interesting.

I assumed it was one of those erotic VNs from the name initially, but then it popped up in my queue.

There was some chunk of thought for D2 back in the heyday. You had to plan around items to make a build worth anything, with no chance of a refund of stat investment.

I remember convincing a bunch of friends to help me out with a Barb build that wasn't the standard boring WW farm Barb snooze character.

It took a not insignificant number of SoJ's to make. And failed miserably.

Tonton

Man Hollow Knight more than doubled its Steamspy numbers after this steam sale, this is insane

Meanwhile, Nier is now outselling both Final Fantasy X/X-2 and FFXIII-2 already

only Final Fantasy VII, VIII XIII and XIV are ahead of it

PBalfredo

I've heard good things about Sniper Elite 4, but how much better is it than 3? Is it worth the money for 4 or should I grab 3 for a cheap time shooting the skeletons out of Nazi soldiers.

Hubble

How good is Hollow Knight? Is it one of the best games ever? A good game? Just a good metroidvania?

So far, I got the strategy game of the year bundle with XCOM 2 and Civ. I am going to get Resident Evil Biohazard. I was thinking of leaving it at that but not sure to include Hollow Knight.

I still didnt like that the storymode of UNS4 wasnt an adventure mode again and the adventure mode was just a 2-3h mode after the "story mode".

Also the beginning of the storymode in UNS4 was really lazily done. The first few "chapters" were almost only screengrabs from the anime.

How good is Hollow Knight? Is it one of the best games ever? A good game? Just a good metroidvania?

So far, I got the strategy game of the year bundle with XCOM 2 and Civ. I am going to get Resident Evil Biohazard. I was thinking of leaving it at that but not sure to include Hollow Knight.

I dont know about best game ever, but best game in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom