• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp. I kicked the hornets nest on Twitter by saying that FF9 being the best is only one man's opinion.

Tons of people telling me that my opinion is invalid.

Jadax

I'm about to give in to temptation and buy.

Nothing spectacular, all budget(ish) games (on a tight budget).

Any recommendations for replacements or adding 1-2 games. Any genre is fine. Prefer smaller games (<3GB) as I'm travelling and my data is limited.

QGHqjNb.jpg

Nabs

Nier approaching half a milly.

Hollow Knight jumped up 200k this sale and still going strong. &#128170;&#127997;

Eridani

I just find it hard to believe it is the best game of 2017 or that good lol.

I didn't think it was going to be that good before I played it either. But now it's definitely one of my favorite games released this year. And that's coming from someone who doesn't even really like metroidvanias that much.

It's really the biggest surprise I've had in a while.

Type2

Okay, I have about 20$ in my steam wallet from selling off cards. Is there anything that I must have off this sale for 20 or less?

I already picked up Baldur's Gate 2 enhanced, Witcher 3 goty, Planescape Torment and Ori and the blind forest. I should probably avoid long RPGS to ensure I actually play whatever you folks suggest.

My eyes are on:
Crypt of the necrodancer, INSIDE, VA-11 HALL-A, Soma but im open to other suggestions.

I won't be buying hollow knight until the Christmas sale, but it's definetly on my list of things to buy. Thing is, I have nier, prey and total war for this sale and at my current pace that will easily take me into Christmas. Not to mention Mario comes out in the meantime.

Grief.exe

EDIT: Jawmuncher just took care of all I needed in one shot.

I need to trade for Steam cards

I need
Scouts 2x
Road Trip 1x

I have
Minigolf
Camping
Tourist

"Sorry, there is too much load on the server at the moment. Please retry later."
Who's coming to the rescue for SteamTradeMatcher :-(
Worked fine for me few days ago, but obviously it's on heavy load during sales. There is still month before cards will expire, so no need to hurry.

Wok

Given that a game is tagged as featuring "Sexual Content", the probability that it is tagged as either "Anime" or "Visual Novel" is ~75%.

I want to map the Steam tags.

After further refinement, to capture more of the correlations between tags, I have finally the result (it does not look good as a static image, but hey, I don't know how to make it available in an interactive fashion):
Small font
wAPOIT2.png

Nothing too surprising:
  • Early Access is close to Open World, Building and Crafting
    nn4XnQ6.png
  • Card Game is super close to Board Game, and near Free To Play, which is not the case of Trading Card Game for some reasons...
  • Free To Play is close to Massively Multiplayer, MOBA, and Resource Management
  • Gore and Violent appear very often together, I don't know why we have two tags for this,
  • Ditto for Football and Soccer, Music and Rhythm, Fighting and Beat'em up, Games Workshop and Warhammer 40K, Sexual Content and Mature, Dating Sim and Romance, etc.

And most importantly, we have this.. a mapping of anime.... which does not have too many close tags actually.

Ascheroth

Welp, my phone started dying. Not particularly bothered all that much, since I had it for 4 or 5 years, but now I need a new one. Any recommendations? Preferably Android.

Is the DLC worth it for Just Cause 3?

Not particularly. They're all pretty short. If you haven't played all of the base game yet, I'd say they'd be worth it simply for the upgraded jetpack (that'll basically break the game) but if you're done and looking for some additional content, they aren't particularly compelling. I still had fun with them, so if you really liked the base game, they could be worth the ~$6 to you.

Each of them took me about 3 hours, give or take, so for ~$6 you're getting around 10 hours of content (according to my playtime, going for most or all of the optional stuff).

Dammit, one day left and all I need is the Minigolf card.

I've got an infuriating amount of multiples of Lemonade, Parking Lot, Beach, Picnic, Camping, Tourist, Boardwalk, and Road Trip.

Not particularly. They're all pretty short. If you haven't played all of the base game yet, I'd say they'd be worth it simply for the upgraded jetpack (that'll basically break the game) but if you're done and looking for some additional content, they aren't particularly compelling. I still had fun with them, so if you really liked the base game, they could be worth the ~$6 to you.

Each of them took me about 3 hours, give or take, so for ~$6 you're getting around 10 hours of content (according to my playtime, going for most or all of the optional stuff).

Haven't even bought the base game yet.

I'm not looking for additional missions, but don't want to miss out on good vehicles, weapons and stuff like that, that makes the base game more fun.

Haven't even bought the base game yet.

I'm not looking for additional missions, but don't want to miss out on good vehicles, weapons and stuff like that, that makes the base game more fun.

In that case, they're worth it. Just make sure that if you like wingsuiting around to save the jetpack mission until later. Once you get the jetpack the wingsuiting is basically worthless as the jetpack is so much better/easier.

xist

Humble third time's a charm unbundle.

err....why is the Software Bundle still active? Where did the extra day come from?

Edit...forgot that they added it later as a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom