• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Will the sticker pages remain after the sale?

Once the sale ends, all stickers and sticker packs will expire. Make sure to apply all of your stickers by July 5th @ 10am PST.

I think what they mean for it, pages will remain, but all stickers and packs will expire.
At lest that's how I understand it

So if you want to apply some extra stickers to your pages still, do it today

Wok

I think what they mean for it, pages will remain, but all stickers and packs will expire.
At lest that's how I understand it

So if you want to apply some extra stickers to your pages still, do it today

Sale is till tomorrow.

Same experience for me. I tried the game a couple times but quit after having an invested couple characters die. Same thing I hated about X-com.

XCOM (moreso 2) is kinda special in that regard, in that evacing early from a mission is 100% part of the game's design. You may not achieve your goal, but at least your squad will survive. So even if everything goes wrong, it's still possible to walk away with something.

I never got that same feeling in DD.

Annubis

This is the best I could come up with
dY090C8.jpg
He never asked for this

Also, that Kyros sticker is kind of bad as it depicts it as a man.
I'm totally on team Kyros is a girl.

Parsnip

Well, I just accidentally cleared my entire gaf ignore list.
I meant to remove one person from there, but instead did the opposite. Ooops.

black070

Buy 1 & 2. Damn amazing games.
Well if you have never played Dead Space 2 before I would absolutely suggest you to pick it up. Saying it's the best in the series probably doesn't mean all that much but it used to be an amazing game and I'm sure it still holds up well today.
Thanks for the nudge on this. I played (and loved) Dead Space 1 & 2 on the 360 way back when but both are ripe for a replay in higher res and frame rate.

£5 for both is utterly bargaintasticle.

In fact, I think a lot of my PC gaming (I'm new to this) will be revisiting old favourites, but with better performance.

I've played the series before on console but the prospect of playing it at higher res and framerate excites me so consider it bought !

Anything other suggestions peeps ? Really into story driven experiences e.g. Alan Wake.

SOMA is available for ~$9, that should fill that itch.

Thanks for the suggestion, but we've already finished (and loved) that one. It was made by Frictional too, so that's why I didn't mention it specifically :)

-----

After having a look I've found a bunch of cheap games that look Amnesia-like enough for me, will probably buy them all hoping it'll be enough to tide us over until the Halloween sale. Any explicit reason why I should definitely not buy any of the following games? (Paging Dusk Golem)

Wok

Well, I just accidentally cleared my entire gaf ignore list.
I meant to remove one person from there, but instead did the opposite. Ooops.

You removed me... from your Steam contacts. 😾

Or at least someone did, and I suspect it is you. 😅

Am I correct in thinking that EU prices for Paradox games/DLC were unchanged? Or should I wait until after the sale, when they've reverted the changes, before I consider purchasing anything?

Wok

I need help to understand this expiration date.

GnxedU5.png

Do trading cards expire tomorrow or next month?

Arthea

I need help to understand this expiration date.

http://i.imgur.com/GnxedU5.png[/IMG

Do trading cards expire tomorrow or next month?[/QUOTE]

on cards it is said in a month, so I assume in a month
if it's tomorrow I will be not happy

Parsnip

For someone who never heard anything of Ys, do I start with Origin?
If you are going to play all of them, I'd go in gameplay progression order. Starting from Origin and then going back to Ys I and II might be a bit difficult.
The order I'm playing them in is Ys I - Ys II - Napishtim - Felghana - Origin
Effectively leaving the best (or so I'm told) for last.

Hello from the ignore list :)
I haven't seen you post stupid shit so you weren't on there. :p
You removed me... from your Steam contacts. 😾

Or at least someone did, and I suspect it is you. 😅
I don't generally remove people my lists so it must have been someone else. :D I don't think I ever had you on Steam actually.

Parsnip

Not really sure where to post this but I'm trying out steam metro skin, and at the top of my library list it says 'Controll...'

What is that and how do I get it to go away?

You are using an old version of the skin.
You probably need a beta version if you are on the beta client.

Guys, which is better for a newcomer to the genre: Diablo III, Torchlight 2, or something else? Thx

Diablo 3 is a good starting point. I would highly suggest to play Path of Exile after that. It's superior in almost every way but it's a bit more complex in terms of character building which might discourage people who are new to this genre.

data

Not really sure where to post this but I'm trying out steam metro skin, and at the top of my library list it says 'Controll...'

What is that and how do I get it to go away?

I had this and I totally forgot how I fixed it. It's related to your controller. Try turning it off or something

blurr

Picked up Prototype and Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition. I noticed I needed a little more for getting a card so I also bought Train Valley and The Banner Saga.

Train Valley was right up my alley(I honestly didn't intend to make it rhyme) - this was a real time strategy that was simple enough for me to pick up on and based on a theme that I did at one point of my childhood fantasize. I'm glad I made this purchase.

The Banner Saga was something I had my eye on for a while now taking into account the gorgeous art work. Turn based strategy unlike real time was something I really enjoy and can pick up on better so I decided to dip in.

Sleeping Dogs was something I liked but couldn't find the time to play earlier but I can get back to it, more so since I owned the normal edition earlier (before I upgraded my PC).

Prototype - I already played this a long time ago, I could really get back to it. This was an insane open world/action game during the time, I'm still confident that I'll find myself enjoying it even in this day and age. This should be interesting because I last ran it on a very bad PC.

Tonton

Namco stays winning.
I kinda liked Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 from what I played during the free weekend, so I might pick this up sometime (good thing I didn't buy any of them :p).

Yeah same the news about this collection came just at the right time since I was wanting to play the previous games after that free weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom