• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
aRHUWP3.png

I can't decide whether to pick up this variety bundle I've created for myself, or buy only Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun for $30. Really liked Shadow Tactics' demo and I'd waste less of my life on one game I'll never play instead of on seven games I'll never play.

owasog

Search box works fine for me in browser: Just erase all text in the box and enter your search criteria.

it works, just in an odd way, if you go like this: in the search window press ctr-A, then type the game name, full, no typos.

At least that's how it works for me
Thanks, that works. But what's wrong with Valve though? How hard is it to program (and test!) a simple editbox?

Eusis

Well, Black Friday in the US is November, so they'll be better in the sense that some titles will have natural price drops between now and then, so even if the discount is the same, the price will be lower. But beyond that, no reason to think they'll be better.
I suspect some publishers may consider that a better time to dive deeper, and some games not on sale will probably be on sale then, though they might apply that to Christmas itself rather than just Black Friday, which would be more a Thanksgiving sale anyway.

daxy

I can't decide whether to pick up this variety bundle I've created for myself, or buy only Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun for $30. Really liked Shadow Tactics' demo and I'd waste less of my life on one game I'll never play instead of on seven games I'll never play.

I was in a similar spot. Was doubting between buying Xenoverse 2 or a handful of indies/cheap stuff. Unlike the cheap stuff I had in my basket that I was mildly interested in playing some time, I'm actually itching to play Xenoverse 2 right now, so I went with the latter. I've already got a backlog of a couple of hundred cheap games that I bought because I thought that were good deals rather than great games, so I figured my time and money would be better spent enjoying what I'm interested in playing right now.

Patrick S.

Banned
Man, fuck that! I'm not even buying anything, I just want to play one of my games but can't because of forced updates and shit download speed :((((

Ascheroth

Screenshot_20170623_215019.png

caved in and did it. VR wishlist will have to wait, food and sustenance are more important for the moment
Let me just say this:
There is no way you're going to play all of this before the next sale, where they will likely be cheaper or at the very least have the same price. Think about that for a moment and refund all the games that can wait while you still can.

Patrick S.

Banned
weird

1xQ65hx.png

and Berlin server works fine for me

Im on Berlin now, d/l at 56 bytes per second for a while, then download error. I'm REALLY angry now. I had an hour to play, wanted to play a specific game of mine but I can't because of the stupid forced auto updates. I'm downloading a 28mb patch for almost an hour now. Result? have to go out and haven't been able to play my game :(

FDC1

Hi guys,

I'm mainly a Playstation user but it will receive my new gaming laptop tomorrow and I would like to profit of it to try some "Xbox console exclusives". I will buy Ori and D4. Are they other games of the same kind you recommend me on this sale?

dr_rus

Kinda went a bit overboard yesterday and purchased ~10 games outside of wishlist, just going off Metacritic scores and Steam reviews:

ESxc.png

Hopefully I won't regret it...

daxy

Hi guys,

I'm mainly a Playstation user but it will receive my new gaming laptop tomorrow and I would like to profit of it to try some "Xbox console exclusives". I will buy Ori and D4. Are they other games of the same kind you recommend me on this sale?

Forza Horizon 3 and Gears but for that you'll have you go to Microsoft's game store. Halo Wars is on Steam if that's your kinda thing. Quantum Break is mediocre by all accounts, but I haven't played it myself.

Lanrutcon

Base price is $20, sale price is $5 in my region (South Africa). Eh Besthesda.

Is it possible to buy games with a VPN and not get banned? Castlevania LoS Ultimate isn't available in my region. LoS 2 is, for some reason. How would I go about buying a game that isn't available in my region?

Oh, hey. A local.

Didn't Steam clamp down on VPN purchases and redeeming keys from other regions?

kiyomi

Hi guys,

Alan Wake, Quantum Break?

daxy

Alan Wake, Quantum Break?

Alan Wake was pulled from Steam a few weeks ago. Might be available through third party resellers though.

Likelihood of Prey being further discounted?

In the next few weeks on Steam? None.
Try other marketplaces like Gamersgate, Humble Store, Gamesplanet, Gamebillet, etc. (Or simpler yet: wishlist it on isthereanydeal). It's apparently 35 EUR on Amazon atm.

Hi guys,

If you are after some eye candy, Ryse might be worth a look.

EDIT: Another game in the bundle also looks pretty decent:
ss_2cec56ae7cbeaf26533165b967b0c5681d8a1b86.1920x1080.jpg

The Night of the Rabbit? Terrific game. One of the few Daedalic games that has a protagonist you want to root for, unlike the asshole Rufus in Deponia or the sad sack Sadwick (nominative determinism!) in the Whispered World. Heartily recommend.

Tizoc

The Night of the Rabbit? Terrific game. One of the few Daedalic games that has a protagonist you want to root for, unlike the asshole Rufus in Deponia or the sad sack Sadwick (nominative determinism!) in the Whispered World. Heartily recommend.

tRANSlation felt pretty wonky to me so I couldn't enjoy it. I do recommend the Dark Eye PnC games though.

AlanOC91

My hauls:

B9scXws.png

Was actually pretty expensive mainly because of Attack on Titan and Berserk. But I can't see them ever going too cheap.

Dark Fear didn't get a discount at all but it was like €3 and seems really really fun.

MaxiLive

I'm guessing this may of already been answered but how many cards can you get per a day during this sale, is it 2? If it is more how do you go about getting them?

I've completed the discovery queue twice for 2 cards but I think there is usually 3 per a day?

So true -- Night of the Rabbit is probably my favorite Daedalic adventure game. Lovely game.

I'm guessing this may of already been answered but how many cards can you get per a day during this sale, is it 2? If it is more how do you go about getting them?

I've completed the discovery queue twice for 2 cards but I think there is usually 3 per a day?

I actually got a third when I did a third pass through the discovery queue even though steam didn't tell me it would give me another card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom