• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, steam store finally working fine, and i decided to go through my real wishlist on steamdb. Found some good discounts, but then i looked at Ubisoft games and:
iyUMsCN.png

They "adjusted regional prices" for their old titles and now selling them with the same discounts. Some games is almost twice more pricey than before. GTFO with this shit Ubisoft.

AlanOC91

Hahaha, congrats! Happy for you :)

How's the story and atmosphere?

Xanadu is fantastic. I got hooked on it when it released and played it for like 20 hours in the space of two days. Haven't returned to it since unfortunately but it's a great game. Had so much fun with it.

Might actually try get back into it this weekend.

jetsetrez

So what's the good word on Stardew Valley? I know Dan from GiantBomb loves it, but he never played Harvest Moon. Is it more complicated than HM? Like, I really am not a fan of a lot of the modern crafting games, does it have any of that kind of design, or is it more simple/intuitive?

Minamu

Is there are text-based site/list with the games available somewhere? steampowered.com is blocked at work and I don't have wifi :/

Durante

How's the story and atmosphere?
The story is quite low-key, it's more focused on exploration. But it's certainly not bad (and it's interesting to play a Japanese game that is quite decidedly more at home story-, setting- and to some extent even art-wise in Western fantasy than anime).

Baleoce

So, steam store finally working fine, and i decided to go through my real wishlist on steamdb. Found some good discounts, but then i looked at Ubisoft games and:
iyUMsCN.png

They "adjusted regional prices" for their old titles and now selling them with the same discounts. Some games is almost twice more pricey than before. GTFO with this shit Ubisoft.

That sucks. I'm gonna assume they left just enough time for that to be a legal practice? Isn't there a law against that in some regions? (I know there is at retail at least). I've no idea how or if that functions in the digital space.

It's still painful to see "Ghost Recon Franchise" page without GR: Advanced Warfare 1-2. I still remember how their store page looked like, especially that "Add to cart" button that i for some reasons didn't clicked. Now pages are gone and i'll never be able to buy them. Fuck Ubisoft again.

Pixieking

Banned
Well, with Hollow Knight getting unanimous praise here, I bought that, plus Infinite Air with Mark McMorris. Oh, and filled out my Panzer Corps complete collection with the last two pieces of DLC I was missing.

Beyond that, I think I'm saving my money now for the forthcoming Tyranny and XCOM 2 expansions.

I want The Way and 911 operator, but I can't even purchase the bundle because I own Car Mechanic Sim..

:( :( :(

Look at Blazblue. If you dont own any game you can get all 4 games far cheaper than the latest one.... The bundle for all 4 is 75% off. The latest game just 21%....

Ozium

Look at Blazblue. If you dont own any game you can get all 4 games far cheaper than the latest one.... The bundle for all 4 is 75% off. The latest game just 21%....

it shows the bundle as 59% off for me at $40.91 for all 4, while Centralfiction costs $31.99

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So, a challenge for recommendations here.

What are the best sales right now, for games released the last 12 months or so, that isn't anime or survival/crafting games? And doesn't contain Denuvo or uPlay?

Ugh I want to kinda jump into Pillars of Eternity but... 60% is not what i was hoping for :(

Oh well it's not like i have the time needed for a project like that anyway right now, so i'll play the waiting game until next year or whatever!

daxy

What are the best sales right now, for games released the last 12 months or so, that isn't anime or survival/crafting games? And doesn't contain Denuvo or uPlay?

Dishonored 2, Sniper Elite 4 and Hollow Knight?

daxy

Hollow Knight is interesting, Dishonored 2 is a Denuvo game.

I don't completely boycott Denuvo games, but they have to be really, really cheap for me to buy them.

Dishonored 2 got Denovo (sp?) patched out this week

Edit: wait, might be wrong about that -- confused it with the news story that it got cracked

The House In Fata Morgana is 30% off.

It IS a visual novel, but it has no anime tropes whatsoever.

It also happens to be my favorite game of all time.

It has the best characters, the best OST and the most poignant plot in the medium for my money.

Cronen

iyUMsCN.png

I noticed Namco did the same with Dark Souls 2. Raised the price from £19.99 to £29.99 just before the sale.

Ladekabel

What would be a good cheap online co-op game?

I bought Fight the Dragon this sale and we already have Lethal League, Double Dragon Neon and Mount Your Friends.

vaderise

Only bought Sonic Generations. Not playing to dip on anything else unless some hidden gem shows up.
Edit: Can someone reccomend me a co-op game which is not very hard to play and can run on older PC's? A platformer would be nice but online co-op is crucial. I'm looking for a game that i can play with my GF.

fantomena

Considering getting AssCreed Unity and Syndicate as final pickups. Have all AssCreed games except them.

Edit: Screw that, waiting till both games are under 100 NOK, will probably be in 1-2 years.

Tizoc

What would be a good cheap online co-op game?

I bought Fight the Dragon this sale and we already have Lethal League, Double Dragon Neon and Mount Your Friends.

Capcom's Dungeons and Dragons Mystara Duology
The Metal SLug games
Shock Trooper
Sonic Racing Transformed

Off the top of my head.
If you got DD Neon you may as well get those DnD games, they're pretty good.

Only bought Sonic Generations. Not playing to dip on anything else unless some hidden gem shows up.
Edit: Can someone reccomend me a co-op game which is not very hard to play and can run on older PC's? A platformer would be nice but online co-op is crucial. I'm looking for a game that i can play with my GF.

Rayman Legends does not have online co-op I am afraid :/
Check my list above.

Ladekabel

Capcom's Dungeons and Dragons Mystara Duology
The Metal SLug games
Shock Trooper
Sonic Racing Transformed

Off the top of my head.
If you got DD Neon you may as well get those DnD games, they're pretty good.

Rayman Legends does not have online co-op I am afraid :/
Check my list above.

Already have the Neo Geo games and Sonic Racing Transformed was boring when I last played it. Might look into DnD. Thanks.

Any other suggestions? Looking mainly for two player stuff.

Varg

Banned
Be wary of xanadu next. It's riddled with bugs that haven't been fixed since launch . Achievements bugged , micro stutter depending on your card , exploding slimes, no matter what you do, will die and damage you because they are bugged and damage the entire room, and controller support is ass cheeks. There's a good game there , but just be wary . Every time a thread is made in the discussion forum, A dev comes in and always says she's "busy".

Freeman76

To be really honest - yes. That was an epiphany, thank you

I know that was probably sarcasm but the only reason I said it is because I had the exact same situation lol.

I was never allowed a console when I was growing up and now Im old I have one of everything lol

Snickles

Is Black Desert Online Explorer pack worth it for $29.99? Is this the type of game you have to keep buying stuff for to get enjoyment?

Zeknurn

@Steam_Spy
Find good deals on this Steam sale with Steam Spy's patented algorithm :) steamspy.com/deal/
The algorithm uses user reviews, number of players, YT coverage, release date and discounts to determine the best deals
A recent good game with smaller discount will be ranked higher than an old mediocre game with a bigger discount
DDAKnAwWAAAHGK1.jpg:large

With Motorsport Manager at the top of the list, I say it's working pretty damn well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom