• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

Im done.

My haul:

Torment: Tides of Numenera
Outlast 2
Little Nightmares
What Remains of Edith Finch
Metrico+
Dead Effect 2
Maize
The Sexy Brutale
Voodoo Vince: Remastered
Pit People
Thimbleweed Park
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
STRAFE
Bokida - Heartfelt Reunion
Formula Fusion
A Pixel Story
Stories: Path of Destinies
Epic Battle Fantasy 4
Tales of Berseria
VA-11 HALL-A

Tizoc

It's gonna be funny if humble starts their summer sale today and their prices turn out a little better than Steam :v

Tizoc

Oh shit that OP renovation

RIP tizoc

82hd6.jpg

Freeman76

Is Black Desert Online Explorer pack worth it for $29.99? Is this the type of game you have to keep buying stuff for to get enjoyment?

Its 100% worth it, amazing game man. I bought it on release week (steam release) and I have literally played nothing else since and laready have 220 hours into it.

You can buy items which will help but it isnt pay to win by any stretch of the imagination.

Pakkidis

What have I done :(

TRANSFORMERS: Devastation
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
FINAL FANTASY XIII
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
realMyst: Masterpiece Edition
Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers
Turok
Ubisoft Arcade Bundle
Includes 7 items: Rayman Origins, Rayman Legends, Valiant Hearts: The Great War / Soldats Inconnus : Mémoires de la Grande Guerre, Toy Soldiers: War Chest, Child of Light, Trials Fusion, Tetris® Ultimate
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within™
Prince of Persia The Two Thrones™
Prince of Persia®
Prince of Persia®: The Sands of Time
Deep Silver Pack 2016
Includes 7 items: Dead Island: Retro Revenge, Saints Row: Gat out of Hell, Dead Island Definitive Edition, Dead Island Riptide - Definitive Edition, Deadlight Directors Cut, Homefront: The Revolution, Mighty No. 9
METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES
RAGE: The Scorchers
One Way Heroics Plus
Primordia
Virginia
SteamWorld Heist - The Outsider
Costume Quest 2
DreadOut
Refunct
SquareCells
Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition
Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics
CDN$ 199.63

See you next year :(

Is there a way to use a coupon you have instead of the sale price? I have a coupon for Senran Kagura which is better than the sale price but it just tells me I can't use it with another offer.

madjoki

Dammit, NIght In The Woods has no sale? I wanted to give that to a friend...

Maybe it will be daily later? It's possible that some games are discounted for shorter time than whole sale. (Ubisoft did this during previous sales)

Is there a way to use a coupon you have instead of the sale price? I have a coupon for Senran Kagura which is better than the sale price but it just tells me I can't use it with another offer.

No

Lain

Wait for the sale to end so the offer ends and you can use the coupon. If the coupon expires before the sale ends then there is nothing you can do.

Tizoc

I missed that they are gonna have a sale? I get extra 10% off as a Monthly Subscriber too.

Yeah they have Summer and Winter SALES too.

OP was so terrible they ran it over with a bulldozer.

Don't you mean
a Road Roller?

Also I find it funny there's so much concern over an OP when there's the whole 'nobody reads OP' mantra :V
Hell I highly doubt ANYONE read the op of the last winter seal thread.

DPB

I've been eyeing that for a while. Have you played it? How is it?

It's pretty fun, but it doesn't really do much at all to distinguish itself from Link to the Past. If you've played all the 2D Zeldas and still want more then it's worth a look, just don't expect anything particularly creative like original tools to solve puzzles.

daxy

What have I done :(

TRANSFORMERS: Devastation
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
FINAL FANTASY XIII
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
realMyst: Masterpiece Edition
Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers
Turok
Ubisoft Arcade Bundle
Includes 7 items: Rayman Origins, Rayman Legends, Valiant Hearts: The Great War / Soldats Inconnus : Mémoires de la Grande Guerre, Toy Soldiers: War Chest, Child of Light, Trials Fusion, Tetris® Ultimate
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within™
Prince of Persia The Two Thrones™
Prince of Persia®
Prince of Persia®: The Sands of Time
Deep Silver Pack 2016
Includes 7 items: Dead Island: Retro Revenge, Saints Row: Gat out of Hell, Dead Island Definitive Edition, Dead Island Riptide - Definitive Edition, Deadlight Directors Cut, Homefront: The Revolution, Mighty No. 9
METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES
RAGE: The Scorchers
One Way Heroics Plus
Primordia
Virginia
SteamWorld Heist - The Outsider
Costume Quest 2
DreadOut
Refunct
SquareCells
Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition
Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics
CDN$ 199.63

See you next year :(

salut.jpg

RIP wallet/free time

I bought Banner Saga and it runs poorly on my notebook. It's weird, since I have a Geforce 840M and it's more than enough to run more intensive 3D games. Asked for a refund :(

CHC

I miss the hidden gems thread we've had in previous sales. I'm too lazy to dig through the bargain bin.

There will be one soon. Someone made a really hasty one that was just a series of unlabeled links to posts in this thread, and it was locked. Mods said they would unlock / make a new one in a couple days once people actually find the hidden gems and there is time to put together a quality post about them.

I'm interested in the AOT game but having a shitty monitor with a native resolution of 1360x768, I'd need to play windowed 1280x768 since the resolutions are locked.

edit: I guess it would work with something like gedosato but for DX11 support. Does it exist??

Is it just me or does the Steam client run like shit for anyone else since the last update?

It's almost impossible to navigate. unresponsive, laggy... mostly in the shop, but even the library is kind of wonky.

Knurek

I'm interested in the AOT game but having a shitty monitor with a native resolution of 1360x768, I'd need to play windowed 1280x768 since the resolutions are locked.

edit: I guess it would work with something like gedosato but for DX11 support. Does it exist??
Can't you use DSR to downsample from 1080p?

Ayumi

Was hoping NieR would get a higher discount than -30%. I know, that doesn't make sense, but still. It's so pricey here. ;w;

Tizoc

I miss the hidden gems thread we've had in previous sales. I'm too lazy to dig through the bargain bin.

I made one and was updating it with my list of recommended titles but it got closed because the OP didn't have any further info :V

Pachael

RIP wallet/free time

Lol. I also spent ~$200 on past and present games, tilting towards indie and Japanese published games. The larger games will get cheaper later anyway.

Okay, Hitman's now indie too - wink

I'll look for the haul thread to put my list in.

Was hoping NieR would get a higher discount than -30%. I know, that doesn't make sense, but still. It's so pricey here. ;w;

Same here. The base price is just too high, the highest SquareEnix ever put in my region, in fact.

I'll wait for a price drop AND a decent discount before double dipping.

FreezeSSC

What are the chances elite dangerous runs on my laptop?

Specs:

I7 - 7500u
16bg-ddr4
Gtx950-2gb

Biggest thing is it says it needs 4 cores but I think mine is only 2.

duppolo

im mad at people buying a lot of stuff. you should said to steam those discount is too small to make you spend ypur money...if u keep buying every year will be worst

Ayumi

Same here. The base price is just too high, the highest SquareEnix ever put in my region, in fact.

I'll wait for a price drop AND a decent discount before double dipping.

Meanwhile I spent almost 4k Yen on a bunch of other games. Steam has taught me the perfect way to keep my priorities in check.

jimboton

It's pretty fun, but it doesn't really do much at all to distinguish itself from Link to the Past. If you've played all the 2D Zeldas and still want more then it's worth a look, just don't expect anything particularly creative like original tools to solve puzzles.

Yeah, sounds about what I expected. Guess I'll probably still get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom