• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

What's really sad is that they wouldn't have this problem if they simply embraced modern HTML5 standards (which most browsers now support). Instead of having
Code:
value="search the store"
they had
Code:
placeholder="search the store"
it would work just fine.

They disabled the bit of javascript that pre-populates search results (presumably to reduce server load which is actually pretty smart) but broke their bit of antiquated javascript that gets rid of the placeholder text in the process.

Hey, gotta give credit for Valve wanting support all IE9 users.
/s

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like the search box was fixed in this morning's store update

Anno

Where do the two expansions for Pillars of Eternity stand exactly vs the base game? Are they just extra story content or is there new mechanics and stuff?

Like is there any reasons to have them installed at the beginning of my playthrough?

Not at the beginning, no. End of Act 2 is about the usual time to get into the expansion content.

fantomena

The best way to experience Steam.

pojhNa6.png

Nzyme32

Ooops

hce3LJ1.png

I blame paypal - I acidentally bought the first half on my card, then realised I had the £5 off via PayPal, so had to buy more.

Good thing it was payday today

Lain

Anyone able to get the stickers for "Customize your Discovery Queue"? I customized and saved a few times but nothing.

I only got stickers for that after I went and followed/unfollowed a curator. Otherwise no matter what I changed in my discovery queue preference page didn't register to get me the stickers.

Drayco21

So far I've picked up Divinity: Original Sin, Fallout 4 (lol), Noire, Harvester, and The Witcher 2. Thinking about picking up either Stardew Valley or Age of Decadence with the $11 I still have on my account right now, but we'll see how I feel in a couple days.

Anyone else having trouble getting the quest to check your discovery preferences pop? I've tried changing and saving settings like four times, but no luck.

So yesterday when I finished my first queue (which took 2 hours thanks to their inability to support summer sale launch) it awarded me 13 cards. Today completing the queue awards me 0. I don't know if it's making up for the mistake yesterday or if my stuff is just broke. Has anyone else experienced similar funkiness?

What's really sad is that they wouldn't have this problem if they simply embraced modern HTML5 standards (which most browsers now support). Instead of having
Code:
value="search the store"
they had
Code:
placeholder="search the store"
it would work just fine.

They disabled the bit of javascript that pre-populates search results (presumably to reduce server load which is actually pretty smart) but broke their bit of antiquated javascript that gets rid of the placeholder text in the process.

I was wondering what was going on with this.

Ascheroth

Time to start shilling I guess.

One of the best Visual Novels (if not the best) on Steam and one of my favorite games of all times.
I'm even confident in saying that this is among the most mature games in the entire gaming medium. And when I mean mature I don't mean 'blood & sex' "mature", I mean legit mature themes.
A rollercoaster of emotions.

ModBot said:
Instructions for FeedMeAStrayCat:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FeedMeAStrayCat, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Quest Run -- MB-C45B323BFB854738
..GMG loot dupe

Shifty1897

If there is one indie winner for this summer's Steam sale, it's gonna be Hollow Knight. I fully expect sales to explode for this game on SteamSpy soon.

fantomena

Going out of your way to block good games from appearing?

The only good games might appear under VR like Superhot VR. Other than that, nothing else.

I also don't have any VR headset and have zero interest in VR.

I did have a lot of interest about 1-2 years ago, but my interest died.

Anno

If there is one indie winner for this summer's Steam sale, it's gonna be Hollow Knight. I fully expect sales to explode for this game on SteamSpy soon.

Fully deserved. It came out at such an impossible time for mainstream coverage to give it the attention deserved. Good to see that word of mouth is doing so well in keeping sales going into this sale and now pushing it to the top.

oti

Banned
How's Witcher 3 running on a 770? It's USK 18 so buying (and selling) it for console is kind of a hassle over here. I wouldn't mind getting it digitally, I think. And it's 25€ for a pretty big game I believe. Can't imagine it going lower than that.

Beelzebubs

All trash :'( and this was the 30 game pack. I got 2 duplicates which I'll be gifting and for some reason a DLC of a game I don't own.....

RISE OF THE ARGONAUTS
SURVIVAL DRIVER STEAM
CORROSION COLD WINTER WAITING ENHANCED
PURGATORY
CHRONICLES OF A DARK LORD EP 2
THE FIRST SPARK
RECOVERY SEARCH AND RESCUE
INCANDESCENT
SAVE JESUS
IDOL HANDS STEAM
THREE DEAD ZED
CYBERCITY 2157 THE VISUAL NOVEL
SPACE HACK
JUMPING TANK
TRACKS OF TRIUMPH INDUSTRIAL ZONE
SPELLWEAVER CHRONICLES THE HOLY CHILD
DEAR RED EXTENDED
WAYOUT 2 HEX
HOVEN THE SAGES SPINEL
CORPORATE LIFESTYLE SIMULATOR
MACHINE MADE REBIRTH
SUPER BOMB RUSH
CAVEMAN WORLD MOUNTAINS OF UNGA BOONGA
FARMING WORLD
NASH RACING STEAM
ZOO PARK
SWITCH GALAXY ULTRA
THE DEED
CTU COUNTER TERRORISM UNIT
HIIRO

Purkake4

Banned
How's Witcher 3 running on a 770? It's USK 18 so buying (and selling) it for console is kind of a hustle over here. I wouldn't mind getting it digitally, I think. And it's 25€ for a pretty big game I believe. Can't imagine it going lower than that.
Runs fine on a 960.

You've completed your queue and have unlocked 3 event trading cards!
You can get 2 more cards today by continuing to browse your Discovery Queue.

Except I didn't get any cards. Is it supposed to say 3 sticker packs, or did I get ripped off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom