• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakken

Cosmic Star Heroine made more money yesterday in the first day of the sale than it did in the previous 3 weeks on Steam. Looks like going with a 20% discount since the game is still pretty new (came out a little over 2 months ago) rather than racing to the bottom was the right call. Also we did an AMA on Reddit yesterday which might have helped increase visibility.

Glad to hear it! And glad you posted - just picked up CSH. I had grabbed some games from my wishlist earlier, but somehow that wasn't on there despite me anticipating it for awhile now. Looking forward to playing it!

Lain

I kickstarted it but when I tried it out it didn't feel too hot for me. I plan to try it out again when it's closer to being complete to judge it.
As the game is still being developed (it's only on version 0.5) I'd suggest reading some of the Steam reviews to decide if you want to invest in it.

I'm starting to get into indie video games, any suggestion? got my eye on:

- Transistor
- Machinarium
- Fez
- The Banner Saga
- Oxenfree
- To The Moon
- Jotun
- Headlander
- Clockworck

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I can't believe a day has passed and the search bar is still broken... Valve please...

What's really sad is that they wouldn't have this problem if they simply embraced modern HTML5 standards (which most browsers now support). Instead of having
Code:
value="search the store"
they had
Code:
placeholder="search the store"
it would work just fine.

They disabled the bit of javascript that pre-populates search results (presumably to reduce server load which is actually pretty smart) but broke their bit of antiquated javascript that gets rid of the placeholder text in the process.

Good luck. It's been like that for me for over three years and the CS has done jack shit to fix it despite my multiple attempts to get it resolved.

CS told me my ip was blocked due to to many incorrect logins

(tried to login like 4 times with the wrong password...sheesh)

reset my password after that and still was locked out.

I used a VPN then connected and it worked.

Decado

A few indie games have passed my "willing to bite" threshold. Final check before I bite:

Azure Striker Gunvolt
I Am The Hero
Stardust Galaxy Warriors
Xenonauts

Also considering:
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive
Heart & Slash

I have a lot of games to play, so I'm not really interested in anything below "excellent".

too much work

ADgUTK1.gif

(from r/pcmr)

goddamn it valve

MUnited83

For you.
Sorry, just for clarification. If you activate an key through a VPN you'll lose your "In Good Standing" classification?

I redeemed CoD IW (EU region) through a VPN.

I just checked my setting and I actually don't see "in good standing" anymore. Wondering if this got moved or I am indeed no longer "in good standing"

Just wondering what I have to worry about.

Thanks
Isn't "in good standing" exclusively a VAC thing? Activating a key or gift through VPN would never affect VAC.

Rodolink

Got Thumper WHAT A PIECE OF GAME IT IS! Im blown away instant favorite on my all time fav game list.

Also why Dark SOuls 1 is not in discount u_u

Tizoc

Hi Gaf, I'm working on a 2D platformer and looking for inspiration this weekend playing a good indie 2D platformer or two. Anything interesting on sale?
Off the top of my head
Spark electric jester
Rayman origins
Rayman legends
Sonic 1-3 and knuckles
Freedom planet
Disney afternoon collection
Megaman legacy
Shovel knight

Play both indie and classic platformers, look up stage layout maps for some games to get an idea of how they were designed.

MUnited83

For you.
goddamn it valve
To be fair, I'm pretty sure disabling it was done on purpose. Having search dinamically searching through the store for each letter you press is probably pretty straining on their servers on huge peak times like this. They will probably enable it again once traffic goes down.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Isn't "in good standing" exclusively a VAC thing? Activating a key or gift through VPN would never affect VAC.

Sort of. Valve can deny your account access to VAC-protected servers in a manner that doesn't count as a VAC ban. Chargebacks fall under that umbrella.

daxy

CS told me my ip was blocked due to to many incorrect logins

(tried to login like 4 times with the wrong password...sheesh)

reset my password after that and still was locked out.

I used a VPN then connected and it worked.

That's... something. Well, glad you got it sorted. I'm still too bitter about the whole ordeal to even try logging in, despite them having good deals every now and then.

My issue was an administrative one related to GMG merging with Playfire, me attempting to get my accounts on these two sites merged, and as a result of CS stupidity my accounts on each respective site were broken. Logging in just gave me an error page afterwards. After that, their CS closed my ticket and just showed me the door.

Blam

Ok real quick do not purchase 2 at once. That was a bad idea lol. Only one went through but I paid for both. Also lmao I think I just hit the limit for that code because it stopped working.

iosefe

Ok real quick do not purchase 2 at once. That was a bad idea lol. Only one went through but I paid for both. Also lmao I think I just hit the limit for that code because it stopped working.

maybe if you contact CS they'll give you a free 1 box for their fuck up

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It kinda bugs me that they took all the fun out of sticker collecting by not letting us place them on the stickerbook pages arbitrarily and instead you can only insert them at fixed points.

SSPssp

It kinda bugs me that they took all the fun out of sticker collecting by not letting us place them on the stickerbook pages arbitrarily and instead you can only insert them at fixed points.

Someone on Steamgifts told me that you have to complete the set first then you can move them around. Guess they got really lucky to get a complete set.

Lain

How do you complete today's quests? I click the links in the sticker page for those quests, dabble with the pages and... nothing happens.

Megasoum

Banned
Where do the two expansions for Pillars of Eternity stand exactly vs the base game? Are they just extra story content or is there new mechanics and stuff?

Like is there any reasons to have them installed at the beginning of my playthrough?

jshackles

Someone on Steamgifts told me that you have to complete the set first then you can move them around. Guess they got really lucky to get a complete set.

Oh, interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom