• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gintoki

How exactly do i become a Member? im a member of the group on steam? or is this like a thing for members of NeoGAF&steam, I.e not junior members?

Did you join steamgifts then join the steam group? Try syncing your account on steamgifts (Account > Sync account)

1-D_FTW

So how is Trine 2 if I'm only planing on playing it in SP?

Almost done and it's awesome. It'll take you a little longer because there are some obviously quick and easy solutions for multiple people, but this just lets me enjoy the game longer. Plus I've put together some really convoluted solutions that I'm sure were not the "proper" solution. And it felt real good.

bigace33

This has been a great sale for me. My haul so far:

Tobe's Vertical - $1.24
Prince of Persia - $2.50
VVVV - Gift
Breath of Death, Cthuchula saves the world (awesome game so far) - Gift
The Binding of Issac - $1.24
Plants vs Zombies GOTY - Gift

Thanks goes out to the many generous Gaf members who looked out on some great games. I'm hoping LA Noir wins this next vote so I can get that for about $4.99 and my sale will be complete.

Gaf + Steam = The best.

Since you guys seem to enjoy puzzles, i have another one for you. Just quote me with the decrypted message and you will get a free game of your choise for 10€ or less.

It's a bit trickier than just to convert it to ascii, but it shouldn't be to hard to figure it out.

And try to be quick about it, i leave for gothenburg early tomorrow morning and don't know if i'll be able to check up on GAF after that.

I really dont have a clue.

I tried changing the 0 to 1 and vice versa.

I tried "reverting" them and counting it from the back. Still makes no sense.
Even tried adding all the ascii-numbers together to see if maybe 1337 will come out of it. No luck *lol*

Edit. Ah. Just saw it. lol

HoosTrax

The one good thing that's come out of these stupid repeats is that I eventually caved and got SR3 on like the third time around, and I'm glad did did because I've been having a blast with it. I thought I had outgrown that kind of over-the-top, car stealing, rampaging thug game, but sometimes you just gotta go with it, go with the flow.

bigace33

How are badges useful anyway?

:lol
Sounds like a cute, pokemon version of Cthulu :p

lol I didn't feel like looking up the correct spelling. Either way the game is genuinely funny. Loving it. The only game to ever have me laughing out loud just in the first few minutes.

Mikor

Hmm i dont seem to be able to log in tho?

is my username the username used for my profile ect.. or what i log in with...... keeps telling me incorrect log in with both..... :-/

Log into the steamgifts.com website with your steam account, and then once logged in, check the link to the giveaway.

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/mdybh/payday-the-heist

Being a Junior Member on NeoGAF has nothing to do with it. You're good to enter!

RoadHazard

Gold Member

In the same way that achievement and trophies are useful: Not at all. But people still want them, and they also want these badges. The badges are pretty much achievements for Steam itself, as far as I can tell.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

Even tried adding all the ascii-numbers together to see if maybe 1337 will come out of it. No luck *lol*

I know! It's driving me crazy, hahaha. It's not even about the game at this point.

Wok

I tried this and a bit more, and could not see it.

Megasoum

Banned
Just bought Trine 2 and is it me or the Remote Install thing never works? The three times I tried it (from my phone and from the website in chrome) it never worked.

Ok I missed the original post with that riddle thing that everybody is talking about it. Somebody has a link?

MNC

Spend some time with the code and I cannot figure out what to do with it. I tried alot of things of converting binary to something else but I figure it's maybe base or something. I code, goddamnit, why can't I figure this out.

Shambles

Is it just me or did yesterdays deals not last more than 24 hours? i don't see any of yesterdays deals still running now. I was looking at the Dungeon defenders 4 pack, thought I had more time :S

LuffyZoro

Haha, I did those first two things too.

Theonik

We don't know. In the past, before badges for those events were added sales had some sort of reward attached to their highest tier like the Valve Complete pack for the golden potato, hats for the treasure hunt, the coupon thing on the holiday sale etc. This time though they went on a much less effort required route with the tasks so everything goes.
At any rate they look cool and my OCD won't allow me not to get them all.

HBroward

Is it just me or did yesterdays deals not last more than 24 hours? i don't see any of yesterdays deals still running now. I was looking at the Dungeon defenders 4 pack, thought I had more time :S

They last 36 hours, so you missed those about 11 hours ago I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom