• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Didn't realise EU3 was a Flash Sale. DLC bought! (Thanks again for the EU3 Complete Chronicles key, Tony!)

Should I get just FEAR 1 or the whole collection?

Heard different things from everyone

FEAR 1 is still one of the best shooters ever made. Having said that, I enjoyed the entire series as a whole for the story elements.

Warning though, FEAR 2/3 do not allow save-scumming, so it is a slight adjustment from the first. Also, the 2 expansions you receive automatically with FEAR 1 were retconned and are not canon.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
who would want it right now anyway? next-gen launch title baby

I thought the rumor was that it was being developed on the Frostbite 2 engine?

Whatever, I want it now. Not next-gen. We're all on PCs, here. =P

Resilient

Steam sale is ruining everything for me. I stalk this thread and the store for bargains. I can't get any work done. My wallet is crying. Y hav u forsaken me GABEN!!!!11

gabbo

Welp, if The Darkness 2 comes around at the end of the sale, I guess I'll have to grab it then. Hope the price is still decent. Unless there are 4packs floating around in need of people.
Otherwise going to have to wait for Specs Ops and maybe Dear Esther before tomorrow night.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just get the collection for $35. 4 games and 3 pieces of DLC for half the price of a console game. DO IT!

Hm, i suppose you're right. I got 2 weeks of vacation in August, so I'll have enough games to keep me busy. I just hope the first AC isn't as bad as some people are saying, but then again GAF tend to exagerate a lot of times, and that might be another case of that.

BeesEight

Europa Universalis III is on sale?

Do not buy!

Unless you appreciate having no time. This game is killing me just as much as Civ IV. Although it takes a helluva lot more to get into. And they're selling it for $3.75? That's almost criminal.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Hm, i suppose you're right. I got 2 weeks of vacation in August, so I'll have enough games to keep me busy. I just hope the first AC isn't as bad as some people are saying, but then again GAF tend to exagerate a lot of times, and that might be another case of that.

The problem with the first game is that it's repetitious. Other than that, I still enjoyed it. The sequels really improve

Katoki

BUY OR DIE

That totally makes sense. When I think about it, I probably played the demo on console and had no idea what I was doing. Needless to say I got shot at and died a lot.

That one vent above the door, couldn't get to it. I remember that part so vividly.

Card Boy

Banned

The first game isn't bad. It's two biggest faults is its repetitive and lacks subtitles. Just avoid doing the side missions as thats where most of the repetitiveness comes from for upgrading your health. Plus the games are easy enough so its probably best to avoid upgrading your health to add abit of challenge.

Dacvak

How would you guys compare RAGE to F.E.A.R.?

RAGE is just a crank-n-wank shooter. Solid FPS gameplay, fun enemies/level design, but it feels familiar. There are also a LOT of driving missions, which some people love, and some people hate. Don't get me wrong, I love it.

FEAR has a more defined story and mood, and still maintains solid FPS gameplay with some cool special abilities, as well. It's a pretty unique experience.

They're both good, but if you're only getting one, I'd say FEAR.

Crayons

Banned
I can't wait for the summer sale to be over so that I can finally start my AP summer assignments.

Also, I need Mass Effect. During last year's winter sale, I skipped out on it. Wish I hadn't.

The prices and amount of games in these types of things make me a little sad I'm not a PC gamer and miss out on the fun.

My physical backlog is bad enough though, I imagine a digital one would be the end of me anyway so maybe its for the best lol.

Tess3ract

Banned
Speaking of Mirror's Edge:

1903-1-1332975147.jpg

Unicorn

Sorry but FPS games are always better with a mouse and keyboard. I'm never going to agree with you on this.

This is a first person shooter? I thought it's all about the maneuvering and after playing the 360 demo, I'm curious how all the acrobatic moves are pulled off? 360 controls were all sorts of combo pressing things. I wouldn't want to be craning my fingers on a keyboard typing a secret coded message just to run along a wall, grab a ledge and slide into a vent.

Koroviev

The prices and amount of games in these types of things make me a little sad I'm not a PC gamer and miss out on the fun.

My physical backlog is bad enough though, I imagine a digital one would be the end of me anyway so maybe its for the best lol.

"Therefore, knowing the fear of our Lord Gaben, we persuade men, but we are made manifest to Gabe; and I hope that we are made manifest also in your consciences."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom