• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martian

Damage Done:

Alan Wake Complete : 7 €

Dear Esther : 5€

Fallout 3 GOTY : 5€

The Witcher 2 : 16€

Shogun 2: Total War : 10€

Tropico 3 : 3,50€

Total: 46,50€

Way more than I would have like to have spent, but I'm completely happy about my sales.

Now I see that Payday: The Heist's sale has gone? Was hoping to pick that up, and maybe AC:Revelations.

Unfortunately my laptop is being repared, and is gone until 2 weeks from now. So the goods will have to wait.

I would've bought Dustforce had it gone on sale. It hasn't been part of the daily indie bundles, it hasn't been a vote and I don't think it's been a flash.

Is FM12 one of those games that transcends the sport or do i need to know about players and teams more specifically to get the most out of it? I follow soccer from time to time and know the stars and leagues but don't know much beyond the bigger names. The series has always seemed fascinating though and the people that do play seem to get incredibly into it.

Link Man

Banned
Well, I've got Ys Oath in my cart, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow morning just in case.

Also, we really should have a 3rd thread by this point.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Today may be the worst day of sales of any type of product I've seen in the history of my life.

Lol, you can't be serious. Have you seen this? http://store.steampowered.com/sub/12367/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

Or this: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15360

Or this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/107100/

Or this: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/13701/

Or this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/620/

Or this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/35720/

Quit bitching. Just because you already have some of these games doesn't mean today is a bad day of sales.

Wok

I am 80 percent sure it was! but I don't know how to check the past.

I know it was not.

Edit: And here is the summary of my sale puchases. I would not have thought I would spend 35€, but that's what happened.

dkyqU.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah for sure, today isn't a bad sale-day. Heck, I should really buy Witcher 2, Trine 2, Portal 2 and Bioshock 2 (WOW, that's a lot of 2's)!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Well, I've got Ys Oath in my cart, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow morning just in case.

Also, we really should have a 3rd thread by this point.

It's not going to get any lower.
Yeah for sure, today isn't a bad sale-day. Heck, I should really buy Witcher 2, Trine 2, Portal 2 and Bioshock 2 (WOW, that's a lot of 2's)!
Buy Witcher 2!

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
how is Bioshock 1 & 2 (pc versions) ?

If you can get only part 1, do that, but if there's a deal where 2 comes along with it, go for that. I wouldn't re-buy part 2 willingly unless it was tied in a sale with part 1.

Part 2 isn't bad, but it isn't great. Its good, but just more of the same.

my haul (minus the buttload of games I gifted to my brothers), really surprised by my restraint this Sale... I remember when I was droppin like 50 bucks everyday

ibpDyc7aqPxt4F.JPG

my profile

dani_dc

Anyone know if Football Manager is any good? Never played any of them. Do they actually have license to use the players names?

That game is definitively not for everyone, you either wont care for it at all or you'll spend 300 hours on it.

I'd give the demo a try before buying it.

Yeah Dustforce didn't get a sale all week.

I know because it's the only game aside from Skyrim that I wanted from this sale... and I missed Skyrim 3 times so it's a double fail for me :S

Apdiddy

Such an underwhelming end to the whole sale, but if you haven't gotten them during the whole sale or missed them, today's deals are pretty good. Although I'm hoping the flash deals today are good too. Beyond Good & Evil was only on sale once (and I was asleep when it happened :(), no Doom/Quake packs, and most of the flash deals were starting to be recycled.

Still, for what I got, it was great.

At the end of it:

7/12
Legend of Grimrock
SpaceChem (very happy to have gotten this)
Back To The Future: The Game
Ys: Oath Of Felghana (gift)
Chantelise (gift)

7/13
Trine & Trine 2
Half-Life Complete (only time I saw this on sale)

7/14
Alan Wake Complete
Alice: Madness Returns
Ys Origins
Frozen Synpase
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Sam & Max Complete Collectiion
The Witcher 1 & 2

7/15
Monkey Island Bundle

7/16
The Longest Journey (gift)

7/18
Unreal 1 & 2
Just Cause 2
Grand Theft Auto Complete Package
Torchlight
Saints Row: The Third + Season Pass

7/19
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey

7/20
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (only time I saw this as a flash deal)

I shudder to think of the cost at this point. Close to $100 I think.

Can anyone recommend the Operation Flashpoint games?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Alright, I think my purchases for this entire Steam sale will be as follows:
Crusader Kings II - $23.99
Mount & Blade: Warband : $11.00
Galactic Civilization II - $4.99
Total: $39.99

What say you GAF?

I'd grab that CK2 deal on Amazon but I don't have a credit card (Unless someone wants to trade the Amazon deal for an equivalent amount of money in Steam stuff).

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

You don't have Portal 2? That's WAY dumber than people not owning Bastion.

At least tell me you've played through it on (the entirely inferior) console, right?

mneuro

I don't own either witcher games. How is The Witcher 1? I am interested in them and Witcher 1 is 2.49. How does it compare to something like elder scrolls.

Tess3ract

Banned
Fine! Here it is my try, I'm horrible with Paint... Sorry jarosh!

HmeYNl.png

Would like: Tobe's Vertical Adventure for the cuteness in pixel-art form. :)

This is kind of like that dude where he drew a picture of him going pee in the bathroom, but instead he was shitting and pissing at hte same time and he was on the ceiling. Kind of like that

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I don't want to jinx it but whats the biggest (after the rule) that a gaf thread has ever gotten before closing?

Forget actual numbers, but this one won't even come close. They used to be absurd back in the day. The last World Cup thread basically broke GAF lol. Halo and Rock Band threads were enormous as well.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You don't have Portal 2? That's WAY dumber than people not owning Bastion.

At least tell me you've played through it on (the entirely inferior) console, right?
I played the original Portal and thought that it was okay. When it eventually became the most overhyped piece of shit on this planet, I decided to dislike it. This was around the time when Portal 2 had just been released, so I decided to ignore it!

Mm-hmm!

Martian

Does anyone know what happened to the sale of Payday: the Heist?

And is there any chance at all there will be some last sales (Like crusader kings II?)

Got a couple of dumb obvious questions that I shouldnt be wasting time asking, but want to just validate it.

1. I'm building a new computer, will everything I've been purchasing transfer easily w/ my steam account?

2. My gf is also getting a computer, could she use her account on this comp, buy games and then use it on her computer when she gets it?

K' Dash

I just want you to know I'm up for buying a AC Revelations for $15, steam wallet money, I know it's not much, but I'd really appreciate that, I'll pay it forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom