• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razek

Banned
Thanks everyone for entering! Some pretty good ones.

Everyone's cheese was cheesy, but Seraphis Cain's pyramid cheese was the cheesiest!

Seriously though, nice job. You can post or PM your steam ID and I'll give you the game Seraphis.

I've been a steam member for 7 years and I only have two friends, who I only added to get perks from the last Christmas sale :(

Can you guys please add me? I feel lonely on here. Any TFC players especially. My name is Southsider9

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I had a few idols turned on and I did my fair amount of counter-blocking and long-range, I simply felt the design was fairly repetitive through out the game, even with the introductions of new weapons.
That's odd... to each his own for sure! I found myself wanting to replay stages on purpose (dying) so that I could try different load-outs!

Acidote

Ok, it does not appear in it's steam page as having a 3rd party DRM, but there's this text GREYED OUT so you overlook it.

HIGH SPEED INTERNET ACCESS AND CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO ACCESS THIS VIDEO GAME AND ONLINE FEATURES AND TO PLAY ONLINE. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 TO CREATE A UBISOFT ACCOUNT WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT. UBISOFT MAY CANCEL ACCESS TO ONE OR MORE SPECIFIC ONLINE FEATURES UPON A 30-DAY PRIOR NOTICE PUBLISHED AT http://www.splintercell.com/conviction/ © 2002–2010 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell Conviction, Splinter Cell Double Agent, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Sam Fisher, the Soldier Icon, Ubisoft, Ubi.com, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.

FUCK YOU ubisoft and your drm.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
And I'm done. Went $7 over budget but that's not bad considering I only used Gamestop Steam credit for the entire sale (well, since May I've been using nothing but).

Snagged Geneforge collection, Ys Oath and Divine Divinity for today and I'm done. Decided I'll wait on a bunch of the grab bag games I was going to buy. NOthing pressing.

Speevy

Banned
Total damage

Myself

$6.73 Trials 2: Second Edition, The Mawesome Pack, Zen Bound 2

$9.99 Age of Empires III: Complete Collection

$7.49 Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition

$4.99 Dead Space

$12.43 Carpe Fulger Bundle

$9.99 FEAR Complete Pack (ROW)

$0.74 Project Freedom

$3.74 Qube

$9.99 Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Three

$2.71 Patricians and Merchants

$2.49 Gish

$4.99 Portal 2

$3.74 From Dust

$14.99 Rayman Origins

Gifts

$9.99 Fallout New Vegas Ultimate

$9.99 Fallout New Vegas Ultimate

$4.99 Mirror's Edge

$4.99 Payday: The Heist

$5.99 Legend of Grimrock

$2.49 Terraria

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
♥

Oh... and about Journey, um... I still haven't played that yet :_:

Journey is actually terrible. It really is.

You'd probably love it, though. And I mean that in the nicest way possible, lol.

Jzero

All i wasted was $40 and got mostly everything i wanted
3AQmK.gif

SJRB

Gold Member
Did anyone play Operation Flashpoint - Red River? If so, some quick impressions would be most welcome.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Thanks everyone for entering! Some pretty good ones.

Everyone's cheese was cheesy, but Seraphis Cain's pyramid cheese was the cheesiest!

Seriously though, nice job. You can post or PM your steam ID and I'll give you the game Seraphis.

Awesome, thanks a lot! PM'd! :D

(Also I had no idea what I was going to draw. I just drew a wedge of cheese and thought "Hey, that looks like Pyramid Head's head!" :lol)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm probably going to regret not buying Witcher II if I don't buy it today...

Fuck, what should I do ._.

tnaden

SpaceChem
Portal 2
Legend of Grimrock
Trine 2
Plants vs. Zombies
Skyrim
Magicka, Qube
BIT.TRIP Collection
Age of Empires III: Complete Collection

Total damage: 64.33€

Not bad..

Anyone know if Football Manager is any good? Never played any of them. Do they actually have license to use the players names?

If you want a football manager game, then there is no competition. This is the only worthwhile option, and it´s brilliant. And yes, they have all licensens.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
ßthePenguin;40141070 said:
But the demo was so boring ._.

I played the demo and originally hated the game too but I decided to give a shot when it went on sale and ended up loving it. The demo is in no way a representation of the full game.

Megasoum

Banned
Go and pledge at the kickstarter for more defence grid: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hiddenpath/defense-grid-2

For $15 you get:

*DG1 immediately
*The latest DG expansion when it´s done (they will without doubt reach that goal)
*DG2 when/if it´s done

Support more Defence Grid! :)

Hmm interesting...

Huh, I'm looking at the different backing tiers and they are talking about a Borderlands expension for DG1?? WTF, I don't see anything about that in Steam.

legacyzero

Banned
Whelp. Here's the damage from this year. Sniper Elite, Spec Ops, and Binary Domain were purchased through the Amazon sale.

Thanks Tony!

i1GP144IYSn0g.png

Yoshichan

Does the demo allow you to activate idols that increases the difficulty tenfold? Does the demo let you use a fully upgraded katana and slice enemies up? Does it progress you throughout the whole entire development of the story?

It does not!

Derrick01

Banned
I spent $13 this whole sale and I entered it sweating that I only had $40 and had no idea how I would get by lol. The steam sale magic is definitely over for me now, I have most everything I'll bother playing. Every other prior sale I ended up spending at least $150.

edit: And even with that $13 I wish I didn't spend it on the sale and just put it towards Darksiders 2 so I wouldn't have to pay as much out of pocket.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

Does the demo allow you to activate idols that increases the difficulty tenfold? Does the demo let you use a fully upgraded katana and slice enemies up? Does it progress you throughout the whole entire development of the story?

It does not!

I'll take it from here.

90SHZ.png

Tellaerin

I agree. And don't forget Grid, Dirt and other games...They repeat the games that sell the most. It's ok if you repeat the deal once, twice...but 3,4 5 times?? Come on!!

I'd rather they do it like that than cramming everything into the last day. The Flash Sales are where it's at anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom