• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing good for me today. Finally able to get all the smaller stuff on my wishlist without worrying about a hypothetical über daily that never arrived.

DCX

DCX
ON TOP OF THAT

I'll gift a free copy of bastion to someone who meets these requirements:

-Make me a funny paint drawing about cheese.
-Must be within the first 5 pictures in response to this.
-I pick the winner from those 5.

7623284956_04ac0ebfee_b.jpg

DCX

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh God, what have you done? I was content with just Ys: Oath, but because of that pic I had to get Bastion too. And then Psychonauts. And then the Bioshock pack. And then Hydrophobia because at that price why the hell not?

ffffuuuuuuuuuucccck.... I will never have the time to play half of them... a bloo bloo bloo
Then I have succeeded twice now, but I am not satisfied yet!
Hey, if I actually win a copy of it, I'll play it
just for ya ;)
And you'll realize how amazing it is, and then you'll tell me how you regret being so negative towards the game!

Roto13

I guess it's basically over, then. Here's everything I bought:

Shatter
Wizorb
Zeno Clash
Magicka Complete Pack
Dear Esther
Beat Hazard Ultra DLC
Beat Hazard iTunes DLC (I don't even use iTunes! WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME!)
Toki Tori
Saira
NightSky
The Polynomial
Audiosurf
Terraria

None of these were more than $5, except the Magicka pack. Most were $2.50 or less.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Someone sell me on Splinter Cell Conviction.

Good splinter cell game? Good game in general?

A friends recommendation on Steam:

Borgnine said:
This was not nearly as bad as I was lead to believe it was going to be. The biggest complaint I heard was that it did away with stealth gameplay in favor of action, which just isn't true. It's no Chaos Theory, but there's plenty of stelth gameplay available if you want to play it that way. It's just that straight up action can be a viable, though less fun, alternative. I thought the writing on the wall and desaturation effects were both fantastic. It's also just a great looking game in general with some nice polish. Some drawbacks are Sam Fisher's stupid voice which I've always hated, and easily the stupidest story ever imagined. I mean it's bad even by video game standards bad. Lukcily you can skip most of the cut scenes, though there are a few instances where they force you to listen to their dumb bullshit. This recommendation was brought to you by Cisco Telepresence.

jarosh

Alright, I picked the winners.

These guys are getting Tobe's Vertical Adventure:

fokkusu
MNC
The_Monk

And this guy is getting both HL2 and Episode One (since no one else wanted the HL games):

magawolaz

Please PM me your e-mails, guys!

louiedog

The front page during this sale was full of popular, well received games at great discounts that I either own or have no particular interest in. What a crock of shit. It's like Valve didn't plan this sale around me.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Then I have succeeded twice now, but I am not satisfied yet!

And you'll realize how amazing it is, and then you'll tell me how you regret being so negative towards the game!

You're not talking about that pile of crap, Bastion, are you? Good lord, you probably like games like Flower and Journey, too, don't you?

Bastion is one of the best games ever, you dumbasses. Listen to the dinosaur.

Mikor

For as long as it took for this sale to start it seems badly planned. So many repeats.

I really think it was intentional. You know how much Valve loves to harvest usage data and patterns. Really curious to see the sales effect some of these repeats had, especially the titles whose discounts were adjusted up or down after their initial appearance during the Sale event.

No formula 1 2011 discount through the WHOLE sale? Seriously? No Unreal pack repeat on a daily for the whole sale (apart from that 6 hour flash deal which I missed due to work)? But Bioshock again? Splinter cell again? Portal 2 again, Witcher 2 again, Dead island again.. Christ, what going on? Whats the point of these flash deals if its just repeating the same things over and over. At this rate Batman and fable freaking 3 will get put on the flash deals again in 12 hours time.

I've been following these sales for the past couple of years, this has been the most underwhelming by quite a margin, the amount of repeat deals have been really disappointing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You're not talking about that pile of crap, Bastion, are you? Good lord, you probably like games like Flower and Journey, too, don't you?
♥

Oh... and about Journey, um... I still haven't played that yet :_:

Koroviev

I really think it was intentional. You know how much Valve loves to harvest usage data and patterns. Really curious to see the sales effect some of these repeats had, especially the titles whose discounts were adjusted up or down after their initial appearance during the Sale event.

The discounts haven't varied for featured items.

dani_dc

So you guys think we'll see any new sales with the flash sales?

I'm thinking we might see games that failed community vote and didn't get any other sales (like The Last Remnant).

It's boring if you make it boring. Turn on all the idols and experience the game it was meant to be played. Learn enemy patterns, change your gear depending on the situation, play reactionary with counter-blocking and long-range only. You can make it insanely fun.

I had a few idols turned on and I did my fair amount of counter-blocking and long-range, I simply felt the design was fairly repetitive through out the game, even with the introductions of new weapons.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

guit3457

No formula 1 2011 discount through the WHOLE sale? Seriously? No Unreal pack repeat on a daily for the whole sale (apart from that 6 hour flash deal which I missed due to work)? But Bioshock again? Splinter cell again? Portal 2 again, Witcher 2 again, Dead island again.. Christ, what going on? Whats the point of these flash deals if its just repeating the same things over and over. At this rate Batman and fable freaking 3 will get put on the flash deals again in 12 hours time.

I've been following these sales for the past couple of years, this has been the most underwhelming by quite a margin, the amount of repeat deals have been really disappointing.

I agree. And don't forget Grid, Dirt and other games...They repeat the games that sell the most. It's ok if you repeat the deal once, twice...but 3,4 5 times?? Come on!!

ShaneB

Wondering when this thread is going to blow up. Now is when I'd usually buy everything for my last day sales, but I guess I'm gonna stick it out and see what flash deals are left. Dammit!
KuGsj.gif

Mikor

The discounts haven't varied for featured items.

Not exactly true. Saints Row: The Third, for example, saw its Genki Girl DLC go without a discount the first two times it appeared, only to be discounted along with the rest upon its third appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom