• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitzkozan

Of course I fall asleep and miss the Amnesia deal.

Now I'm kinda tight. Smh. But knowing what's been happening.. It just has to repeat the sale. It just has to.

Check the top sellers list and you will see that Amnesia is still 75% off. You've got 2 hours to act and with that said, I'm about to buy Amnesia and Mirror Edge. :]

louiedog

I just got gifted The Longest Journey, which is quite awesome. And I gifted someone a copy of PixelJunk Eden which was on their wishlist.

I'm so jealous of GundamBanshee. Awesome friends.

Nice. One of these days I'll play The Longest Journey.

Crayons

Banned
yep.

2012-07-16-summer-spendings.png

Every. Time.
I remember when I thought 50 games on steam was a lot. Now I have 207
and it still isn't enough

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Dungeon Siege 3 $4.99
Pendulo Studios Adventure Pack $14.99

*sigh* I knew it was coming, but buying the Pendulo Studios Adventure Pack. I don't even know what the verdict is but I've been looking into these games some since the Winter Sale.

With this purchase, I only have about $30 for the rest of the sale.

Katoki

See, I knew this would happen. Dungeon Siege 3 was one of my sub-$20 games for PS3 but it's $5 here, more damage. It always happens right before the day is over... ALWAYS!

SJRB

Gold Member
Can anyone tell me what the fourth game in the Flash Sale is? I get a message that "This game is not available in your region".

I see Pendulo, Civi V and Europa Universalis III.

Katoki

Ok so Dungeon Siege 3...is it pointless and boring like 1 and 2, or do I want it?

I think it's fine for what it's worth for ONE playthrough. Beyond that it's not worth the money which is why I put it as a sub-$20 game when I still had my PS3. Hard to go wrong for just $5 though.

It's not particularly imaginative but still pretty and what not.

Miker

Picked up F.E.A.R. for $2.49. Shame it doesn't have multiplayer, but can't go wrong for 2.49.

FEAR actually does have multiplayer -- they split it off from the main game and made it free and called it FEAR Combat. As in, completely free, not free-to-play with microtransactions.

gabbo

Wow. I have a feeling I will complete Mirror's Edge before the end of tomorrow.

It's not a particularly long game, so if you're powering through it right now, you could probably finish it before you go to sleep if you stay up late enough.

It's not a particularly long game, so if you're powering through it right now, you could probably finish it before you go to sleep if you stay up late enough.
I doubt it. There are few parts in the game where he is going to die multiple times and that will take up at least few hours.

Levyne

Banned

I didn't figure as much. I have to turn in though :(.

(By that I mean I"ll be on gaf for an hour and then turn in lol)

are you playing without shooting anyone? that's when it's the most fun.

Yeah I just disarm the ones who get in the way so far.

Fear 1 has multiplayer.

FEAR actually does have multiplayer -- they split it off from the main game and made it free and called it FEAR Combat. As in, completely free, not free-to-play with microtransactions.
Oh it does? Product page says its only single player.
The multiplayer servers were officially turned off a few years ago.

However, through some *cough* unofficial methods you can still play them.
Good news.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Thanks. Why would a game like that be region-locked, I wonder..

O well, if you don't want my money Square that's fine too I guess.

It says it's not available in my region neither, but i can go to the game's page and buy it there. Just an error on the sale page i guess.

I doubt it. There are few parts in the game where he is going to die multiple times and that will take up at least few hours.

End game mirrors edge spoilers:
That fucking stupid server room. I played that level for like an hour dying over and over. I shouldn't have done my no gun run-through my first time though. Still, that level sucked.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I like the look of the Pendulo Studios adventure games. Someone sell me on them!

Do they have any annoyingly ambiguous "classic adventure game puzzles"? How long are they? Fun stories/characters/locales?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom