• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

BasilZero

Was my first Steam Summer sale!

I bought/got:

-Portal 1
-Portal 2
-Max Payne 1
-Max Payne 2
-Left 4 Dead 2
-The Binding of Issac
-Ys Origin
-Ys The Oath in Felghana

dot

I'm pretty much set on games. I can't see what I would buy at the winter sale beside possibly Borderlands 2.

I refuse to buy Dark Souls for 40 especially with GFWL. If they want to put that in then I'll pickup the game at 20 at most, most likely 15~.

Yeahh i probably won't get Dark Souls at full price either. I'll just wait until it's 50 or 75% off but that won't be for a while..

Rht5Z.jpg

4 weeks, GAF. I'll need to stock up on the snacks.

You could say that now about them, but they actually used to write pretty good reviews back in the day (The Jade Empire review is six pages long and actually talks about everything in the game)

I was referring to how you should look at user scores/impressions first, since they provide a better sense of what to expect.

ksdixon

I walked away from this STEAM Sale with it being my most successful Steam Sale.

I recently read a Hitman 2 debate thread here on NeoGAF which pin-pointed Hitman: Blood Money as the apex of the classic Hitman engine. After rushing to my brother's house I found out he only had Hitman 2 on PS2, which I already knew I didn't like for it's fiddly controls. Picked it up for only a couple of quid. So far could tolerate the PC controls, but hoping it works with controller too when I try it with that.

After not being incredibly impressed with Super Meat Boy around the time of it's release when people were raving about it, I decided to give it a shot for the low sale price. Perfectly pleasant game, happy to play it for what I paid for it, was probably having a bad night whenever I tried it out previously.

Just grabbed the £2.50 Jade Empire. Hoping it's from that old Jade something or other game series I first heard about on the PS2; where you capture and train monsters to fight - sorta like Pokemon I guess. Always wanted to try out one of those games in the past but never found one.

Finally: I came for Binary Domain and I left with Binary Domain for £10.something. Very happy with this purchase specifically, and all-in-all I don't think I went over £20. Very pleased.

It turns out that if I hadn't have jumped-on BulletStorm for £3.45 and Sonic Generations for £6.99 during the last Winter Sale it would have been OK, because both sales were repeated/bettered in this Summer Sale.

Dascu

Store Transactions said:
5,99€ Purchase
Puzzle Agent 2

3,49€ Purchase
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

6,99€ Purchase
Krater

15,58€ Purchase
Assassin's Creed Revelations, Dear Esther

3,49€ Purchase
Qube

6,39€ Purchase
Ys Origin

3,49€ Purchase
Alan Wake American Nightmare

3,74€ Purchase
From Dust

5,59€ Purchase
Legend of Grimrock

Gift Transactions said:
14,99€ Purchase
Arma II: Combined Operations (ROW)

6,99€ Purchase
Krater

7,49€ Purchase
Saints Row: The Third

Woo boy.

xDEKOIx

Bust out the wallets again!
The Last Remnant is $3.74 on GMG

If you dont have a GMG account yet, sign up under My Referral and we both get $2 credit when you buy a game.

This was a great buy though. Super cheap!
Dont forget to use the 20% off coupon!

COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1

i still can't play burnout

For those who cannot play Burnout, did you guys try that same code in Origin? I know when I bought Burnout via Steam years ago, I plugged the key into Origin when Origin first came out to see if it would activate, and it did activate with that. This let me access Burnout Paradise with both Steam and Origin separately.*

*I don't use Origin for anything anymore so I cannot say how it has been lately.

If you dont have a GMG account yet, sign up under My Referral and we both get $2 credit when you buy a game.

COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1

Probably not going to bother since GMG went out its way to make me not willing to bother, but thanks anyway.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Just grabbed the £2.50 Jade Empire. Hoping it's from that old Jade something or other game series I first heard about on the PS2; where you capture and train monsters to fight - sorta like Pokemon I guess. Always wanted to try out one of those games in the past but never found one.
You're thinking of Jade Cocoon and the two games are not related in any way, shape, or form.

Got a lot of things, bought and gifted this sale. Just wanted to thank all the bros on Steam GAF chat for being such cool guys; especially xelios, areo and Ely, thanks mates.

I bid this thread farewell. Taking comfort in the thought that me and Winwood will always have our test chamber.

COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1

That was originally my plan. Then I used it to get 20% off on Guild Wars 2. YAY

massoluk

Banned

You're thinking of Jade Cocoon and the two games are not related in any way, shape, or form.

Sorry, but I laughed. Do you not look at the screenshot or the name of developer when you bought the game? :D

It's a pretty decent game anyway, a steal at the price. Give it a try.

Legend of Grimrock $5.99
Syberia Bundle $3.74
Still Life Bundle $3.74
Broken Sword III $1.50
Mata Hari $2.49
Eschalon Book I $2.49
Eschalon Book II $3.74
Spellforce II: FiD $6.84
Ys Origin $7.99
The Walking Dead $14.99
Indie Bundle V $9.99
Dungeon Siege Pack $7.49
Pendulo Adventure Pack $14.99
Avadon: Black Fortress $4.99
Galactic Civilization II Ultimate $4.99

Total $95.96
Number of Games 27
Cost Per game: $3.55

I'm happy with what I got.

So when does the next sale begin? : ) I keed, I keed.

Only two games I missed out on that I wanted was Darkness II, which WAS up twice, but the last time was midway through, and then never again... when Batman, Assassin's Creed, Saints Row 3 saw what felt like a dozen returns to the sales floor.

Also missed out on Bastion, which is my own damn fault. Saw it there each time, for $3 something, told myself I didnt need it due to owning it on 360. Then I saw it on PC. And now I need it.

My games list and friends list exploded with this sale, very pleased!

ksdixon

Sorry, but I laughed. Do you not look at the screenshot or the name of developer when you bought the game? :D

It's a pretty decent game anyway, a steal at the price. Give it a try.

Aw nuts. Oh well, GAF seems high on Jade Empire, the screenshots I looked at did look cool (if dissimilar to the older game series I was half-remembering), so for £2 odd I'll give it a go. I mean that's less than the £3.50 games magazine I purchased today for reading in the hospital waiting room when my fiance went for an appointment. For prices like that it almost doesn't matter if I like the game or not, LOL. Hope I do like it though.

In purchased order:

Code:
Saints Row: The Third - $12.49
Trine 2 - 3.74
Alan Wake - 7.49
The Walking Dead - 14.99
Dear Esther - 2.49
Prince of Persia - 2.49

[b]Total Damage - $43.69[/b]

Not too bad overall I'd say. I also got a new 128GB SSD that came in today to store most of my games on (rest on a back-up Caviar Green with SteamMover), fortunately Steam should be pretty easy to transfer over.

Decidedd to hold off on Ys: Oath of Felghana in case it gets a deeper discount later on, or is included in an indie bundle. Ditto Wizorb.

mrgone

COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1

Thanks! :)

Quixzlizx

Decidedd to hold off on Ys: Oath of Felghana in case it gets a deeper discount later on, or is included in an indie bundle. Ditto Wizorb.

It was part of an indie bundle. Wizorb was cheaper than $2, so I'm not sure of the point of waiting for that one to be part of a bundle.

c0Zm1c

I wish I had bought some of the Saints Row 3 DLC now. Already had the game, just none of the DLC. And it was super cheap. Oh well, I will need something to buy in the next sale!

Xzior

I didn't buy very much this sale, if I remember correctly this is what I bought.

Fallout 3 GOTY
Fallout NV Ultimate Edition
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Dear Esther
Deus Ex + all DLC
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

megalowho

Look wat i bot!

Over $5:
Alan Wake $29.99/$7.49
Yesterday $29.99/$7.49
Civilization V DLC (7) $29.95/$7.44
Railworks 3 - Haulin’ USA Pack $71.99/$7.19
Saints Row: The Third DLC (8) $26.95/$6.70
Legend of Grimrock $14.99/$5.99

$5:
Fallout: New Vegas $19.99/$4.99
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition $19.99/$4.99
Myst V $9.99/$4.99
Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening $19.99/$4.99

Under $5:
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box $19.99/$3.99
Trine 2 $14.99/$3.74
Botinicula $9.99/$2.49
Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam DLC $9.99/$2.49
Company of Heroes $9.99/$2.49
Dear Esther $9.99/$2.49
Rome: Total War Complete $9.99/$2.49
Space Pirates and Zombies $9.99/$2.49

Total: $368.74/$84.93
Total Savings: $283.81

Pretty happy with my haul. Most I've spent on a Steam sale in a while, but I rarely go for big ticket (>$15) items.

Only a few regrets - shoulda picked up the Tribes Starter Pack, shoulda bought Ys Origin, and Yesterday still has that awkward character animation style that makes me not like Pendulo games. But for the most part, I believe I am all set until winter!
Oh wait I'm not :(

LadyRiven

Alice Madness Returns
Audiosurf
Batman Arkham City
Beyond Good and Evil
Bit Trip Beat
Fable III
From Dust
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Fortune Summoners
Left 4 Dead 2
PixelJunk Eden
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Vessel (Gift)
Ys Origin
Ys The Oath in Felghana

Total Games: 16
Total Spent: $74.66
Cost per Game: Approximately $4.67

Very happy with my purchases, especially Ys!

Card Boy

Banned
Wow Valve is disgraceful i can't even play Farcry 2 because it doesn't have a CDkey. Not even a mention of it on the Steam page that they ran out.

The M.O.B

Jul 22, 2012 $13.29
Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack

Jul 18, 2012 $7.49
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition

Jul 16, 2012 $29.97
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
The Walking Dead

Jul 15, 2012 $9.48
Frozen Synapse: Red DLC
Magicka Complete Pack

Jul 14, 2012 $13.08
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Ys Origin

Jul 14, 2012 $9.99
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)

Jul 13, 2012 $10.72
Payday: The Heist
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
Tribes: Ascend - Steam Starter Pack

Jul 13, 2012 $3.74
Trine 2

$97.76 ----- Meant to only spend like $50...

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
€8.99 Alan Wake + American Nightmare
€10.00 Batman Arkham City DLC
€4.50 Civilization DLC
€12.50 Crusader Kings II
€0.00 Europa Universalis
€6.00 LA Noire Complete
€0.00 Mount & Blade Warband
€3.74 Syberia Collection
€2.24 Toy Soldiers
€2.70 Trine 1
€5.00 Trine 2
€3.74 Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction  
€1.24 Puzzle Dimension  
€4.99 Rochard  
€3.49 Edge  
€2.49 The Longest Journey  
€2.24 Psychonauts  
€14.99 Pendulo Adventure Pack  
€2.49 Mirror's Edge  
€14.99 The Walking Dead  
€4.99 Fallout 3 - Game of the Year  
€10.99 Prince of Persia Complete Pack  

€122.31

30 games plus DLC for Civ5 and B:AC. Not bad at all. The only issue is that I can't stop double dipping. I've been buying a lot of games on Steam that I already have on the PS3 or 360. But when they're cheap and I haven't played the game that much, there's always the prospect of finishing the game on the PC - if it weren't for the backlog of course.

blazeuk

Not sure if it's already been mentioned or whether it really fits into this thread anymore (but its related given it was removed because of the sale), but I noticed Arma X has made it's return to steam (as alot of people suspected would happen).

Jul 22, 2012$13.29
Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack

Jul 18, 2012$7.49
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition

Jul 16, 2012$29.97
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
The Walking Dead

Jul 15, 2012$9.48
Frozen Synapse: Red DLC
Magicka Complete Pack

Jul 14, 2012$13.08
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Ys Origin

Jul 14, 2012$9.99
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)

Jul 13, 2012$10.72
Payday: The Heist
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
Tribes: Ascend - Steam Starter Pack

Jul 13, 2012$3.74
Trine 2

$97.76 ----- Meant to only spend like $50...
Hot dang those are some pretty games.
Say yes to Ys bro

froliq

Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC
Saints Row: The Third
Saints Row: The Third - Season Pass DLC Pack
Saints Row: The Third - Maximum Pleasure Pack
Orcs Must Die + Artifacts of Power and Lost Adventures
Ys Origin
The Walking Dead
Stacking
Galactic Civilizations II