• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wessiej

zH9DI.png

hauton

Is there a list of what flash/community choice sales I've missed?

Should I buy those rather than waiting for a Daily Deal on them?

BadAss2961

GAF. Street Fighter or Darksiders? What to buy.
Two completely different games. Depends on what you're more in the mood for... Darksiders is a solid, lengthy (maybe around 20 hours) action adventure that borrows good ideas from a lot of games. Street Fighter is simply a great fighter with tons of eye candy and replayability.

Personally i'd prefer SSF4AE without question.

I used to play tons of PC strategy games years ago. I'm hoping the Steam sale will help me get back into them for cheap. Games that are SteamPlay are a plus since I'd like to be able to play on the new retina MacBook I bought (I haven't bootcamped it yet). I'm looking at Crusader Kings II, and probably Civ V if it is a daily deal. Is there anything else I should be keeping my eye on?

Yeah... what he's saying is that if you actually click on the games, they have 12 hour timers left....

I'm assuming they have a full 12 hour grace period.

Thanks, but I recall contacting Steam about it before and basically got no help whatsoever. I was just fortunate I could still buy things "off peak" I guess. Sucks about flash sales but hopefully they might return as daily deals?

Wow, that's pretty bad. My experience with the support (limited although it may be) has been rather positive. Even still it is worth a try I guess. At worst you're simply in the same position as you are now. At best you'll have the problem solved so it can't hurt to try.

The bolded part is something I'm actually really curious about myself though. If they do return as Daily Deals and we know that they will there is less of an urge to buy them on inpulse as there currently is. The big concern though (with both the Flash Deals and Community Vote deals) is if they do return as Daily Deals and have a greater discount than they did previously in the sale. I would say it is unlikely that they'll return as a Daily Deal (they could be on a rotated basis though so they may return as a Flash Deal again later in the week) but it's really difficult to predict since we've never had a similar type of sale occur during the major sales before. If I was to guess I'd say that if you can't purchase something you should either ask somebody you know or somebody on GAF to gift it to you and then you can either gift something of equivalent value or Paypal them the cost of the transaction. I'm sure numerous people on here would be more than willing to help you out (myself included if I had PayPal and didn't have a rather strict budget).

How long does it take for Steam Support to get back usually?

I'm frigin' locked out of my account right now, after changing my password yesterday.
It won't let me reset my password either.

Really don't want to miss the deals...

yogloo

Can anyone help me with sf4ae? :( Not available on my region. I don't have paypal too. I will gift you some other game of similar value. I will draw you a SF character of your choice too if that helps. :(
Can we gift people in different region? Or accept gift that is not available on your region?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom