• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noaloha

My First Steam Sale.

Gods, this is terrifying. Like a 50' tall naked chick would be terrifying.

Currently sitting on

SpaceChem
Terraria
Portal 2
Crusader Kings 2 Complete + Sword Of Islam + African Units + Songs Of The Caliph
SF4:AE + Complete Costume Pack

Total: ~£31

I don't even have a proper gaming PC yet. I'm effectively spending the money that I'm saving towards the PC components on games to play once the components are bought. I think I'm okay with this.

DagsJT

Didn't Salsa make a thread last year of lesser-known gems to look out for? I know Hard Reset is 75% off, just wondering if there's any other recommended games that are heavily discounted.

MRORANGE

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKK

it's the new steam rule:

iCHkw.png

Didn't Salsa make a thread last year of lesser-known gems to look out for? I know Hard Reset is 75% off, just wondering if there's any other recommended games that are heavily discounted.

Yeah, he did. I think we should have another one. There's a lot of lesser known games I'd like to recommend.

I recommended this a lot last year and I'm going to do it here again: The Tiny Bang Story

http://store.steampowered.com/app/96000/

It's $2.50, is a hidden object/puzzle games and has a very charming aesthetic to it. A little like Machinarium.

Chris R

Bah whatever, jumped on Sanctum even with my reservations about the shooting being a bigger aspect in it than the tower defense stuff. Only bought the base game though, was originally thinking about the complete pack...

Sianos

If Salsa makes another bucket list of games under $5 I'm putting a bucket on my head and banging it with a spoon until it goes away.

Goal is to avoid impulse buy and really look into the games I want before purchasing them. Doing well already, all three games I picked up I know I'll play.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It's pretty pricy for an extended expansion pack that has been out for several months

So wait for it to be on an actual sale, as opposed to the blanket publisher sale?

I don't understand. If you're complaining about the fact that the game is too expensive in the first place, I agree. Otherwise....

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Every sale. I usually can only buy things late at night, but I can't even rely on that tactic with these flash sales...

The solution is pretty obvious: If you have problems buying from Steam constantly, with shitty banks or credit card operators, just transfer 900 dollars to the Steam Wallet once and be done with it.

anddo0

I voted for AC: R.. I beat the PS3 version, but I imagine it looks significantly better on PC.

Street Fighter looks good at that price. If somebody wants to buy a 4-pack I'd be in.

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Every sale. I usually can only buy things late at night, but I can't even rely on that tactic with these flash sales...

Are you in a different country by any chance? I had this problem last Summer Sale and it was because I went to Spain when I live in Ireland and thus they were blocking me from making any purchases. If you are there is a simple solution, if not I've no idea what's the problem.

I've kept a mental note to stay away from that game. It looks like one of those games that would interest me at first, but then become a total chore to finish.
I don't usually care about regenerating health in FPS games, but RAGE could've really done without it. It just seemed ill suited for it considering it also had bandages you could stock up on and use at a moment's notice, and you got a revive feature almost immediately, and upgraded to allow you to stock up two revives as well. It really made the combat completely mindless.

kitzkozan

Not bad for my first day, got 4 items in my cart. :]

Crusader Kings 2 collection
Portal 2
some cheap Total War 2: Shogun DLC (blood pack and Rise of the samurai)

Just added Darksiders in my cart. Already at half my budget for this steam sale. XD

drizzle

Axel Hertz
My First Steam Sale.

Gods, this is terrifying. Like a 50' tall naked chick would be terrifying.

You know what's the best thing about this being your first big steam sale? You can make use of the publisher package deals.

I can't buy most of them, because I already have most of their games. You, a fresh new member of our community, can enjoy those 12+ AAA games for 49,90.

Are you in a different country by any chance? I had this problem last Summer Sale and it was because I went to Spain when I live in Ireland and thus they were blocking me from making any purchases. If you are there is a simple solution, if not I've no idea what's the problem.

Same country I'm always in.

You know what's the best thing about this being your first big steam sale? You can make use of the publisher package deals.

I can't buy most of them, because I already have most of their games. You, a fresh new member of our community, can enjoy those 12+ AAA games for 49,90.

Outside of Bethesda I wasn't too impressed by the publisher packs I looked at

Eternia

how do you guys feel about Hoard
I liked it for what it was. it was really fun with another person whether it was co-op or free for all but it's mostly just score attack or capture the princess/flag. Be aware that while playing online, my friend and I realized it had noticeable host advantage though which kind of ruined things.

Scottify

Well damn, thanks to Steam I have purchased Portal 1 & 2. Played Portal for the first time last night, great, funny and challenging game. Also Saints Row 3 and, just now, Sanctum. Will be curious to see the next set of sale items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom