• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

Well, I just bought SSFIV AE. Pretty pumped, maybe I'll play it later though (current computer sucks too much to run it). But at 10 dollars I really couldn't resist, especially after watching Evo haha.

Cystm

Walking Dead $5 0_0

What?

mXuCl.gif

Pungza

Damn, missed SR3 because sleeping and missed Trine 2 because being at work and everything blocked by proxy.

I hope on the final day they do a collection of sales from previous days

Same country I'm always in.

In that case I'm afraid I don't really have any other idea what could be wrong. It could simply be down to the huge traffic being generated by the sales and the huge influx of people buying games when new flash deals or community votes go live but I don't think it would persist all the time if that was the case.

I'd highly advise you to put in a ticket at https://support.steampowered.com/ so that if it's something directly related to your account it will be solved promptly. If the solution is already generated here first then you can probably disregard the reply you get but if not it's better to get the answer early and not need it than need it and not have it.

dani_dc

Damn, I thought Trine 2 sale was from 10 am to 6 pm (thought the first salewas from 6-2 am and then 2-10), I had it timed so I could sleep more tha 8 hours and not miss it!

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Oooh, Robin Hood: Legend of Sherwood. I remember sinking hours into this game 10 years ago, pretty good stealth rts, had some beautiful levels too. My memory of it might be a little off, but I remember it being pretty great.
Yeah I bought that last night. Looks great and has great reviews.

In that case I'm afraid I don't really have any other idea what could be wrong. It could simply be down to the huge traffic being generated by the sales and the huge influx of people buying games when new flash deals or community votes go live but I don't think it would persist all the time if that was the case.

I'd highly advise you to put in a ticket at https://support.steampowered.com/ so that if it's something directly related to your account it will be solved promptly. If the solution is already generated here first then you can probably disregard the reply you get but if not it's better to get the answer early and not need it than need it and not have it.

Thanks, but I recall contacting Steam about it before and basically got no help whatsoever. I was just fortunate I could still buy things "off peak" I guess. Sucks about flash sales but hopefully they might return as daily deals?

Previous

check out my new Swatch
One day in, 3 games bought. (Dues Ex:HR, Darksiders, Terraria). Would of bought Saints Row the Third if I hadn't missed the deal, but im still waiting patiently on a Skyrim deal.

So would GAF recommend waiting for Global Offensive to release or should i pick up 1.6 and Source if they go on sale? I'm a brand new player. And when I say new, I mean I never played CS in my life.

Play GO. I am a source player. Its more fun starting with everyone at similar skill levels. The other two versions have a community that is very inbred in its competitions so its a who you know kind of thing in the competitive environment.

Zebra

So when do the next set of dailies go online? 15 minutes?

Also, what's the word on Ghost Recon 2? I enjoy tactical shooters--will it sufficiently scratch that itch for $2.50?

kitzkozan

$10 for the better of the two Cacpcom fighters on Steam! If you don't have it already, you have absolutely no excuse now. Great, great, great game! Maybe I'll actually get some wins instead of fighting the same 3 people and losing like when I normally play. :p

I'm thinking about it, but I already have SSFIV on the 360 and there will eventually be a sale in order to get the arcade version for like 7.50-9.99$. No way the costume packs will be this cheap however so god damn. Xbox 360 also has superior level of online competition vs the PC version.

TGMIII

I'm thinking about it, but I already have SSFIV on the 360 and there will eventually be a sale in order to get the arcade version for like 7.50-9.99$. No way the costume packs will be this cheap however so god damn. Xbox 360 also has superior level of online competition vs the PC version.

The version thats on sale is Arcade Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom