• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
Pretty disappointed there's no achievement challenges or any kind of contest that involves giving us our wishlist games for free.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
HEAVY LOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAD

For sure starting with Terreria, then I'll hope to pick up the Bethesda pack.

I assume no daily deals for a pack, so would it be worthwhile to wait on a single game daily deal, or get the pack.

Recall

I spent my £50 straight away and I'm very happy.

I got:

Ys Origin
Bad Rats
Sega Collection (Mega drive games, Total War games, Binary Domain, Renegade Ops, Sonic Gen + others)
Swords and Soldiers HD
Mass Effect

Thank you Steam.

rybrad

So with Amalur having no discount at all currently that pretty much eliminates any chance of a deal during this sale, right?

Nelo Ice

Banned
And wow at the Modern Warfare 3 deal. That's pretty generous compared to previous discounts for CoD titles in the holiday events. They were generally 33% off. :p

I'm surprised they did this early. Was def one of the games I did not expect they would match Amazon's pricing on.

1-D_FTW

50 percent off as a flash deal for Rayman?

This has got the makings of the worst seasonal hands down. Hope sales are reflective since they base strategy off the data.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Nothing in the dailies for me, but that's OK. I'm so preoccupied with playing stuff on the iPhone that I just bought that I'm content with sitting out most of the summer sales.

Terraria is highly recommended, though, so much fun for only $2.50.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
And wow at the Modern Warfare 3 deal. That's pretty generous compared to previous discounts for CoD titles in the holiday events. They were generally 33% off. :p

For some reason, they've discounted Modern Warfare 3 quite a bit since it's release. Amazon has had big discounts on it numerous times. It usually takes like two years before a Call of Duty game sees a 50% discount.

Kerub

Banned
Do the bundle change price too, like the daily deals? I want to get the 2K bundle but I'm not sure if it will drop even lower in price.

sazzy

So are flash sales better than daily sales better than normal sales?

bolded coz i know this is gonna get lost in the rush...

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Let's use The Witcher 2 as an example.

Community deal is 60% off IF it gets voted.

Is there a chance that it'll get a daily deal down the road that would be cheaper than that?

I spent my £50 straight away and I'm very happy.

I got:

Ys Origin
Bad Rats
Sega Collection (Mega drive games, Total War games, Binary Domain, Renegade Ops, Sonic Gen + others)
Swords and Soldiers HD
Mass Effect

Thank you Steam.

#1 rule of Steam sales: Wait for the Daily Deal...

Also, and I hate to be the negative Nancy here, but I can't help but feel that I was right about the sale prices not being as good as I would hope...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom