• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weenerz

Banned
Steam damage thus far, lots of gifts from bros just because they love my body.

EJzJL.png

2IS5L.png

TheNatural

My Member!
OK, decided I'm done with this sale since I have a bundle of indie games and the Commandos pack already to go through. Keeping it lean and just adding a few things. My total give or take a cent:

Frozen Synapse - $2.50
Binding of Isaac + DLC - $2.00
Ghostmaster - $1.50
TOTAL - $6.00

Ta-da.

Koroviev

OK, decided I'm done with this sale since I have a bundle of indie games and the Commandos pack already to go through. Keeping it lean and just adding a few things. My total give or take a cent:

Frozen Synapse - $2.50
Binding of Isaac + DLC - $2.00
Ghostmaster - $1.50
TOTAL - $6.00

Ta-da.

That ain't even a backlog.

Civilization 5: Gods and Kings is down to $22.49. It had been sitting at $26.99. What is the current sale due to?

Is there any chance it'll drop lower? It seems risky to wait, if it is just going to go back up and stay at $27.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Civilization 5: Gods and Kings is down to $22.49. It had been sitting at $26.99. What is the current sale due to?

Is there any chance it'll drop lower? It seems risky to wait, if it is just going to go back up and stay at $27.

Gods and Kings was also 25% off 2-3 day ago. Getgamesgo has been selling it for 22.49 for weeks too.

I doubt it will go lower, unless you want to wait for christmas/random sale down the road.

The flash deal of Civilization. The lowest you will see Gods and King will probably be $22.49.

Gods and Kings was also 25% off 2-3 day ago. Getgamesgo has been selling it for 22.49 for weeks too.

I doubt it will go lower, unless you want to wait for christmas/random sale down the road.

Ah, I see. So games sometimes go up and down in price during the SSS, even if they're not a daily? I had no idea.

I've really been hoping that Civ 5: Gods and Kings would drop to $15 (50% off) during the sale. Am I crazy?

Petrie

Banned
I've got about $40 left in my budget (not too strict though, I have the cash to spend more, just a goal) and am curious what you guys think about 2 possible purchases:

Interested in Metro 2033, but may not play it for a bit. Should I grab it anyways or is it likely to be cheaper during the Winter Sale once the sequel is out?

Is Europa something I should be looking closer at? Is it going to scratch an itch other games likely miss?

Koroviev

I've got about $40 left in my budget (not too strict though, I have the cash to spend more, just a goal) and am curious what you guys think about 2 possible purchases:

Interested in Metro 2033, but may not play it for a bit. Should I grab it anyways or is it likely to be cheaper during the Winter Sale once the sequel is out?

Is Europa something I should be looking closer at? Is it going to scratch an itch other games likely miss?

Metro 2033 is on sale all the time.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Ah, I see. So games sometimes go up and down in price during the SSS, even if they're not a daily? I had no idea.

I've really been hoping that Civ 5: Gods and Kings would drop to $15 (50% off) during the sale. Am I crazy?

Civ already had a sale, this is just a repeat.

LProtag

Indie Bundle or no? It'll push me to 42.50 which will be the highest I've gone in a Steam sale I think. I have the least amount of disposable income this sale too, heh.

Just finished Dear Esther. Just....wow. Such a beautiful, touching, and surreal experience. Took me about two hours, definitely worth a buy. Those caves are breathtaking.

do people think Ys Oath won't be a flash/daily deal? Isee a lot of people not waiting for either of those deals for Ys Oath.
Highly doubt it'll drop any lower. Indie V is a daily deal. I waited to see if Ys:Oath will drop any lower since it's included in the bundle. Nope. At this point, its staying at that price. Waiting for Ys Origin to come back on sale.

Katoki

Wow. I got Internal Error 500'd and 503'd out of GAF for the last half hour or so.

I still have 4 flash sales to go before my wallet is safe for today. Damn it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom