• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
500 errors? What's going on on GAF?

Quikies83

Any recommendations for adventure games like "Scratches" or ones with Myst-like puzzles? I see tons of adventure games for under $3 and should really take advantage of this.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Xbox 360 wired controller is the best. I've gotten my DS3 working with my PC (google it) but it's a pain in the ass and unreliable (particularly when you want 2 people playing), and you have to set up your own bindings for like every game.

360 wired is so where it's at.

You most certainly don't. I use my DS3 over Bluetooth with Motioninjoy all the time, emulating a 360 controller, and it works flawlessly in every game I've tried that has 360 controller support. No extra configuration needed. Haven't tried more than one controller at once though, so I can't say how well that works.

zkylon

zkylewd
Shout out to the great person that is jim-jam-bongs for gifting me Hitman: Blood Money :)

Has Ys been 66% off during the whole sale or is it that discounted because of the bundle?

Question: What do I need to get a X360 wireless controller working on PC?

Do I need an adaptor or something? Thanks.

Yes, you need something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HZFCT2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

But keep in mind that this, along with pretty much every other receiver you're likely to come across in online retailers, is made by a generic third party and not a Microsoft-made product. IIRC, MS stopped making them for some reason or another.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

But keep in mind that this, along with pretty much every other receiver you're likely to come across in online retailers, is made by a generic third party and not a Microsoft-made product. IIRC, MS stopped making them for some reason or another.

Nah, you can still get a wireless controller bundled with the receiver on Amazon for $40. I would go that route.

Quikies83

Interesting in a good way or bad way? I'm kinda on the fence about it.

I bought it today and finished in just on an hour. I say buy it. The atmosphere and soundtrack are worth the price alone.
Not your typical game though. It focuses on exploration - the island as well as yourself and why you're there. Definitely a unique experience but a good one.

evilhomer

irhHz7yXbH7Xn.png

... ヽ(´ー`)┌

I had amost forgotten about hack, slash, loot!

Added to wishlist, hope it gets a daily sale.

LiK

Interesting in a good way or bad way? I'm kinda on the fence about it.

well, it's a visual/audio feast. looks incredible with everything maxed out. but not much of a game and pretty short. i think it's worth $2.50. i wouldn't have paid more than that for it tho.

Yes. The adapter is kinda poor quality and it will break. Better off buying the wired controller.

Didn't knew this, thanks. I'll check the wired controller then.

I still use my PS2 Controllers for PC games (with x360ce), but I'm always afraid of getting banned for using that program. Time to change that.

bm1616

Found myself buying a surprising amount of games... didn't think I would. Damn/love you steam :(

Darksiders 4.99 (been waiting to buy this for ages)
Trine 2 3.74 (beat and enjoyed the first one)
Tomb Raider: Anniversary 2.49 (never played Tomb Raider, so why not?)
Tomb Raider: Legend 2.49 (just felt like it couldn't hurt)
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb 0.74 (74 cents....)
Lara Croft GOL 3.74 (heard generally good things)
From Dust 3.74 (thought it looked pretty interesting)
The Witcher 2 15.99 (been eyeing this one since the GB quick look, slowly playing through first)
FEAR 2: Project Origin 3.74 (enjoyed the first one enough to bite on this)
Hitman: Blood Money 2.49 (for what I've been hearing had to go for it)
Mirror's Edge 4.99 (cheap enough for me, been sitting on my 360 amazon wish list for a long time now)
The Walking Dead 14.99 (just had to do it)

Total: $64.13

Thought that total would be higher. Really pleased now that I've got all this gaming (backlogging... let's be honest) for the price of a new game.

Nah, you can still get a wireless controller bundled with the receiver on Amazon for $40. I would go that route.

You can? I was recently looking for one for a relative and I couldn't find one. Did some digging and heard they stopped making them, hence the rise of all the knockoff 3rd party ones.

Sorry if I spread misinformation there <_<

dLMN8R

Dear Esther is worth the full $10 admission for the caves alone. I just walked around in awe for around 15 minutes.

Just know what you're getting yourself into, set aside an hour to go through the entire thing in one sitting, throw on a pair of headphones or turn up your speakers, and let yourself be absorbed into it. It's really something special.

Bentendo

I'm only choosing one.

Well, Amnesia then. Dear Esther, I guarantee you, isn't that great. I was really looking forward to "playing" it and it wasn't too enjoyable. All you do is literally walk around an island. Gameplay is almost non existent. I know people are groaning right now reading this... all I can say is that I knew going into the game what it was going to be like and I just didn't care too much for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom