• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

#TeamPink represent.
Not sure if I want Riptide... I did enjoy the original game but I'm not sure if I'd like to go back.

And Deadly Premonition is 75% off. I know I'm supposed to wait for the daily deals, but how much cheaper can it get realistically get?

85%.

RetroMG

All right, decided it was time to change off my Fourth Doctor avatar, and since I've been digging the Steam Train playthrough of Battle Block Theater, Reginald is representing Team Red.

Oh shit, Vangers is on sale at 75% off!

This game is fucking weird as shit. It's an action-CRPG where you pilot vehicles of varying types across a voxel-graphics, deformable overworld either to trade for greater gear and sponduli or to blow the stuff out of your competitors in combat. The story and world-building is some of the best (and most obscure) I've yet seen in a game; there's nothing more frightening than how your advisors react when you bring them the wrong Cirt. Game's challenging thanks to tough AI and wrasslin' with the bumpy, unforgiving roads you have to travel, but your ability to spring violently into the air on a whim makes combat and exploration equally as fun. After an hour or two, the game really opens up, and you can either find all the secrets of the first world you start in or progress through a tumultuous story campaign onto the next planet.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Valve bringing in team dynamics. Genius.

That's alot of money earned from badges crafted that have no use.

Card prices have shot up again, sell sell sell.
Yep. Also last day of the sale is when you should buy Summer cards, as tons of people will be looking to dump them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Since Dead Rising 3 is a pre-purchase no way that discount is gonna get bigger than 25% right?

its also a daily, which is as low as games get, unless theres a mistake. we've been through this so many times :(

Dario ff

Banned
I shall join the winning
losing
team.

I have about 20 games to farm cards from already. That's enough to contribute at least a point each day. :D

Salsa

real talk: this sale is very good in terms of base discount for a lot of games.

im surprised, specially with all the "meh steam sales are so bad now compared to other stuff" talk there's been

GG

still tho, wait for the last day don't be dumb

Avinexus

Avinexus claimed your Mystery Game #2 key. There were 46 entrants.
zkylon claimed your Mystery Game #1 key. There were 32 entrants.
masterkajo claimed your Mystery Game #3 key. There were 27 entrants.

Mystery Game #3 was the grand prize. Also had the least entrants. :p

I can't remember my Steam password to login on the website to redeem that god forsaken game. >.>

zkylon

zkylewd
Fainting at the bank sounds like something from oceans 11 to get some bank info. Good that you're ok though.
yea like bank manager eyed me wrong but like they gave me a glass of water and asked if i wanted to call someone so i think they didn't realize i had a crew emptying the vault

Nothing serious I hope? Or was it just your reaction to your bank statement?
There's nothing shameful about fainting. Hope you're doing ok, and please talk to a doctor if you're not sure why you fainted.
nah actually i was making a deposit

i just like didn't sleep much (my eyes are red as fuck) or eat or anything and rushed to the bank since it was about to close and i guess i overdid it

can't remember anything between leaving the atm and being sit on chair inside the bank but i know i hit my head with like a door or something lol

The_Monk

Ugh, why I'm so indecisive when choosing between just one game or another... There's too many options and this is the very first day of the sale! I'm already dead.

Turfster

I can't remember my Steam password to login on the website to redeem that god forsaken game. >.>

If you open a game from within Steam and open the Steam overlay browser in it, you can paste the redeem URL there and it'll work automatically.

You're welcome ;)

Nibiru

Banned
I am so out of the loop that 90% of the posts in this thread are like reading another language lol. All this Team green team pink, selling cards haha I'm such a noob:(

Kadin

LOL. Just had to submit my info for tax purposes apparently since I passed the 200 items sold per calendar year. Have about 10 pages of cards to sell and I figure now is as good a time as any. Glad it went through instantly, thought I'd have to wait days if not weeks.

Jawmuncher

YES! TEAM BLUE!

250px-Blue_EN_boxart.jpg

Nice OP Salsa!

Didn't realize there was a meta game and just got put into team blue as well.

Ashodin

yo check this out:

image.php

Okay yeah, yeah yeah yeah uh huh. I understand that.

nd8BuEz.png

This is a cooler IMO approach to the avatars - the little flags and progress bar added to it like a badge of honor son. Not just colored avatars, but at the bottom or top of your avatar, it shows that YOU are making the bar progress, yes indeedy.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shit, Vangers is on sale at 75% off!

This game is fucking weird as shit. It's an action-CRPG where you pilot vehicles of varying types across a voxel-graphics, deformable overworld either to trade for greater gear and sponduli or to blow the stuff out of your competitors in combat. The story and world-building is some of the best (and most obscure) I've yet seen in a game; there's nothing more frightening than how your advisors react when you bring them the wrong Cirt. Game's challenging thanks to tough AI and wrasslin' with the bumpy, unforgiving roads you have to travel, but your ability to spring violently into the air on a whim makes combat and exploration equally as fun. After an hour or two, the game really opens up, and you can either find all the secrets of the first world you start in or progress through a tumultuous story campaign onto the next planet.

I was wondering when this would get a discount.

Halo 2

Banned
yo check this out:

image.php

Okay yeah, yeah yeah yeah uh huh. I understand that.

nd8BuEz.png

This is a cooler IMO approach to the avatars - the little flags and progress bar added to it like a badge of honor son. Not just colored avatars, but at the bottom or top of your avatar, it shows that YOU are making the bar progress, yes indeedy.

It's not pink..

zkylon

zkylewd
real talk: this sale is very good in terms of base discount for a lot of games.

im surprised, specially with all the "meh steam sales are so bad now compared to other stuff" talk there's been

GG

still tho, wait for the last day don't be dumb
yea first day has been pretty decent

i'm not a big fan of this team crap tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom