• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

celebi23

It is a bit buggy and you may need to click on it multiple times for it to register your vote.
It's completely borked for me right now. Here's what I'm seeing:
REhjIvc.png

Clicking on any game brings me to their store page. I've tried Chrome, Firefox & Safari and I'm getting the same result.

its also a daily, which is as low as games get, unless theres a mistake. we've been through this so many times :(

Thanks to you and the others who answered.

Will wait for winter sales for this one.

PS - Thanks to Seraphis for bringing up One Way Heroics. Have been interested in it before. For this price: bought! :)

It's pretty bad when an hour passes and you've already forgot what you spent $35 on in the sale. Had to check my account history. I guess I wasn't all that excited about those games... You win again Valve.

Wunder

Anyone have thoughts on Divinity: Original Sin? Looks really sick, but I'm cautious at the early access tag and ponying up a lot up front.

Chariot

45 minutes left and I will most likely be in a match of League of Legens by then, so here's the last reminder:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Last Remnant -- MB-6BC428774A1A55AF - Taken by adriano999. 68 entrants total.

t1403216539z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
REhjIvc.png

Clicking on any game brings me to their store page. I've tried Chrome, Firefox & Safari and I'm getting the same result.

you are voting on which 4 you want, click the group and then the vote button on bottom

your picture even says your vote right there! you are choosing the left 4 :p

-MD-

REhjIvc.png

It says you voted.

Anyone have thoughts on Divinity: Original Sin? Looks really sick, but I'm cautious at the early access tag and ponying up a lot up front.

Durante is taking it upon himself to sell every individual steam user a copy of that game. Search the thread for impressions, there are quite a few. Sounds like if you like good RPGs you're in for a treat.

steadfast

REhjIvc.png

You're voting for the entire group, left or right, not individual games.

Yakkue

REhjIvc.png

You already voted on the RPG games. You can't vote for individual ones, you vote for groups.

SmithnCo

http://i.imgur.com/REhjIvc.png[IMG]
Clicking on any game brings me to their store page. I've tried Chrome, Firefox & Safari and I'm getting the same result.[/QUOTE]

Two [I]sets [/I]of games. :p

Symphonic

yo check this out:

image.php

Okay yeah, yeah yeah yeah uh huh. I understand that.

nd8BuEz.png

This is a cooler IMO approach to the avatars - the little flags and progress bar added to it like a badge of honor son. Not just colored avatars, but at the bottom or top of your avatar, it shows that YOU are making the bar progress, yes indeedy.

hSbE0.gif

Levyne

Banned
Made a game badge. 1 point to team green. I really need to get on idling some more cards.

I just made my first one. One point to blue. I idled in Meat Boy.

Now I am idling in Bastion for more cards for the next day. I even noticed I'm finally close to level 10 so I can get a showcase.

I searched and bought a profile background.

Fuck, what am I doing?

celebi23

It says you voted.

Durante is taking it upon himself to sell every individual steam user a copy of that game. Search the thread for impressions, there are quite a few. Sounds like if you like good RPGs you're in for a treat.
Ah, I don't know why I was expecting something else to show up :p Nevermind then :p

Arthea

Onimusha 3 is -75% too!
there is no way I can buy everything I would want from that huge list, no way, I'm not even going to count how much it all cost.

Bulzeeb

whoa what is this team game all about, so if I get that right, 30 people from the wining team world wide will get free games if they contributed with something?

aku:jiki

I am amused by how many people can't skim a simple webpage. Ain't nobody got time for reading every sentence of the sale page but just pgdn and read the headlines and read the important bits. Shit.

still tho, wait for the last day don't be dumb
Nah, don't be dumb and blindly follow some arbitrary rule that doesn't even make any sense. Games like Marlow Briggs aren't going to drop to $0.10 or some ridiculous shit, just buy it now and enjoy it over the weekend. Waiting to buy 50 games on the last day is how you guys end up with 400 games you've never launched.

donny2112

It must be doubly frustrating since you previously shared your issues with users and your reasons for blocking them.

I'm glad this isn't a requirement for blocking someone from winning a giveaway, just like we don't have to explain the reasons for adding someone to the Ignore list. In practice, bringing out the fact that you're adding someone to your Ignore list is usually frowned upon. Just add them, stop worrying about their posts, and go on. The Block list for giveaways is thankfully equally as easy to use without having to engage with someone who you may very well be trying to avoid contact with because of past harassment. Explaining to them why they're being blocked for harassing you just gives them more opportunity to harass you. Not exactly a good solution, so I'm glad that's not a requirement.

I get what I think you're trying to do. If you have a problem with someone in real life, it's usually best to try to reconcile, if possible. Internet is not so simple a solution, and <insert chalkboard about anonymity + internet here> and <insert .jpg about "someone on the internet is wrong!">. :)

yo check this out:

image.php

Okay yeah, yeah yeah yeah uh huh. I understand that.

nd8BuEz.png

This is a cooler IMO approach to the avatars - the little flags and progress bar added to it like a badge of honor son. Not just colored avatars, but at the bottom or top of your avatar, it shows that YOU are making the bar progress, yes indeedy.

Love this idea.

ncXgEgn.gif

Team Green gonna win, yo

sleepykyo

Not sure if I want Riptide... I did enjoy the original game but I'm not sure if I'd like to go back.

And Deadly Premonition is 75% off. I know I'm supposed to wait for the daily deals, but how much cheaper can it get realistically get?

I liked riptide a lot less than dead island. Part of it might be burnout, but the maps felt worse, the new enemies were dull and a list of other minor complaints.

Salsa

Nah, don't be dumb and blindly follow some arbitrary rule that doesn't even make any sense. Games like Marlow Briggs aren't going to drop to $0.10 or some ridiculous shit, just buy it now and enjoy it over the weekend. Waiting to buy 50 games on the last day is how you guys end up with 400 games you've never launched.

I mean, if you wanna buy something and play it TODAY then don't even buy it on sale

all im saying is everyone's funds are limited. If you just have a "meh" interest on Marlow it's better to save up in case something you REALLY want goes on sale and then you're a couple bucks short.

Tizoc

I wrote a review for Marlow Briggs that needs a little more added to it but overall everyone buy the game and have a good time with all the wackiness.

Ok. Just bought:

Dead Island: Riptide (liked the first one even if it got tiring towards the end)
One Way Heroics
Postal 2 (been meaning to for awhile just to laugh for a bit)

Spent 16 reais (less than 8 dollars).

So far, great Steam Sale :)

EDIT: My team (Team Green) seems to be winning at the moment :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom