• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halo 2

Banned
Here's Pink!

KruCOQx.png

jm2dOzs.png

More colors to follow (if people want them)

Beautiful

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
one more sale, one more time that the nancy drew pack isnt 75% off, always only 50% :(

and the humongous entertainment pack is also only 50%, so no buy

Kater

Banned
Gone Home is on sale for €4,99 until 29th of June. Get it while it's cheap
if you are interested in story games

I bought They Breathe which is on sale for only €0,61 and I think I'll leave it at that for today.

Ashodin

Divinity Original Sin will be definitely on sale for lower later, right? Or is -20% all?

Protip: The progress bar + flags are straight screencapped from the page and ripped.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm glad this isn't a requirement for blocking someone from winning a giveaway, just like we don't have to explain the reasons for adding someone to the Ignore list. In practice, bringing out the fact that you're adding someone to your Ignore list is usually frowned upon. Just add them, stop worrying about their posts, and go on. The Block list for giveaways is thankfully equally as easy to use without having to engage with someone who you may very well be trying to avoid contact with because of past harassment. Explaining to them why they're being blocked for harassing you just gives them more opportunity to harass you. Not exactly a good solution, so I'm glad that's not a requirement.

I totally agree. Life's too short to spend time trying to engage with people who are being really really nasty. I have to do it as a moderator, but as a user giving away free games out of the goodness of your heart, it shouldn't be stressful to do so. I would never ever require people to explain.

I just mentioned it because Sub-Zero spoke openly in the Steam thread about how he had blocked some people who had claimed expensive games and not had any interest in playing them, and then steam chatted with him and tried to get him to buy them free games. That's pretty gross behaviour. And if one of those people managed to circumvent the block because of a bug, that's a real bummer.

aku:jiki

Onimusha 3 is -75% too!
there is no way I can buy everything I would want from that huge list, no way, I'm not even going to count how much it all cost.
ONIMUSHA IS ON STEAM

Aww, only 3? Part 4 pls capcom

I mean, if you wanna buy something and play it TODAY then don't even buy it on sale

all im saying is everyone's funds are limited. If you just have a "meh" interest on Marlow it's better to save up in case something you REALLY want goes on sale and then you're a couple bucks short.
Yeah, but I mean, in that case the arbitrary rule should just be "don't buy games you don't want to play".

Vibranium

Banned
If one of the games on your wishlist is pre-purchase, will Valve still get it for you if your team wins? Or does it have to be an already released game?

StAidan

I think I'll wait a few days to buy Summer cards, the prices are a tad high right now.

I kind of wonder what will happen to them, honestly. With the team contest, it seems like Valve is exploring ways to keep card prices high throughout the sale period.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Well... I guess I'll get XCOM shooterbang bureau chest high walls edition.

Like it's $4, how bad can it be?

DarkFlow

Banned
You guys think the price for summer cards will go down later? I'm thinking of selling the one card I have now, and then buying them up later when it's cheaper.

Vibranium

Banned
lol Team Pink being blown by in the past four hours. lol.

Not that I care since this sale dynamic is pretty terrible with the rewards and stuff so far.

The team thing is at least better than last year though... you get free games if your team wins. Last time was just digital items and badges. I think it's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom