• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
but I might miss something. I'm just going to keep monitoring this thread. maybe these games will play themselves, you never really know.

Just one more refresh...One more...MODBOT...one more refresh...

Oh look, it's 5 AM.

[/steamsales]

This thread is somewhat derailed by attractive women. Resposting this again. Mudbutt!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=842420.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (OrlanisWorks, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel -- MB-9D999DCF647E0153 - Taken by Dragon1893

t1403738406z1.png

I really hope I mudbutted correctly.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Tis a strange silly place this has become. I'll be back for the next round of Flash/Community.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
So ummm... *coughs*

How's The Secret World? Anyone here play? I'm tempted.

well - I played quite a bit of it ... and I love it so far :) it's pretty much the only MMO I can actually play (and not get bored to death after an hour)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Nice to see the Deer God and Soul Gambler made it through, at least. Boot Hill Heroes looks cool, sort of like Mother 3, I remember voting for that one.

Data Hacker: Initiation and Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook got in too, also nice.

Chariot

So ummm... *coughs*

How's The Secret World? Anyone here play? I'm tempted.
Its amazing. It looks pretty ok (meh on the GAF scale), probably due being an MMORPG, but as such its dense. The maps aren't that big, but they're full of things to explore, quests to do, monsters to slay. Almost every quest is something special with cut scene and a story behind, no simple "kill 5 rats" or "collect 7 flowers". If you have something like that, there is surely more hiding behind it. It has a strong lore and plays with quests. Heck, there are a lot of quests where you don't have to fight anything at all and really hard quests were you have to think outside the box. At some point I had to decode morse (and find out, that I had to decode morse code).
Gameplaywise it has no level- or classsystem. You have a skillwheel with 525 skills you can more or less combine as you wish to make a build that fits your style. With countless option to fit yourself for every situation (to swap for single and group play e.g.)

Watch a CGI Trailer
Watch the Launch Trailer

Just look into it a bit, I love this game and am pretty sad it has so few players.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Its amazing. It looks pretty ok (meh on the GAF scale), probably due being an MMORPG, but as such its dense. The maps aren't that big, but they're full of things to explore, quests to do, monsters to slay. Almost every quest is something special with cut scene and a story behind, no simple "kill 5 rats" or "collect 7 flowers". If you have something like that, there is surely more hiding behind it. It has a strong lore and plays with quests. Heck, there are a lot of quests where you don't have to fight anything at all and really hard quests were you have to think outside the box. At some point I had to decode morse (and find out, that I had to decode morse code).
Gameplaywise it has no level- or classsystem. You have a skillwheel with 525 skills you can more or less combine as you wish to make a build that fits your style. With countless option to fit yourself for every situation (to swap for single and group play e.g.)

Watch a CGI Trailer
Watch the Launch Trailer

Just look into it a bit, I love this game and am pretty sad it has so few players.

exactly ... such an awesome game so few people actually play (and it doesn't even require a subscription) - makes me a sad panda

Mokoi

Banned
For anybody who missed it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (GOG) -- MB-994C822F1672BCE5 - Taken by Dambrosi

t1403738656z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bloodrayne needs to go on sale so I can gift it to salsa in honour of his vampire hero :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom