• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapages

Is civilization 5 worth it? Can you bring like an ancient empire to modern times or are you stuck in those times forever?

I am not a huge RTS fan, although I did play starcraft and warcraft back in the day.

Mono

Is civilization 5 worth it? Can you bring like an ancient empire to modern times or are you stuck in those times forever?

I am not a huge RTS fan, although I did play starcraft and warcraft back in the day.

Yes and yes!!

It's not an RTS game at all; it's a turn-based strategy game.

Lomax

Woops, I can't read!

Triple Triad is a ridiculously fun card game within FFVIII that I wish was real. The game kind of forces you to play it to progress with the main plot at some points, and it's awesome.

I would definitely reccomend FFVIII! The combat system kind of weak compared to the others, but the story is fun.

If you have fond memories of triple triad then you might want to check out Card City Nights, apparently the gameplay is somewhat similar.

Majukun

would you suggest I buy civilization 5 or europa universalis 4?

i have zero experience with either series.
civilization V is several times easier to get into than europa

basically the europa series is what you try when you "graduate" from the ciivilization series

jut remember to buy civilization with the brave new world Dlc ..it makes the games several times better

It is turn based, not RTS, but it is awesome. You can start out in any time period you want and yes you advance to later time periods :). I highly recommend it if that sounds like it would be any fun

legacyzero

Banned
Ya'll better be voting Goat Simulator. Or I will find you.

iSqXI4ZW4gIz7.gif

Just a reminder, ten minutes left for Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

ModBot said:
Instructions for Dragonborn:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/236430
Dark Souls -- MB-CBB1DD72F4924E76 - Taken by Kuroyume. 51 entrants total.

t1403826494z1.png

Jawmuncher

Nice, thanks. It will be good to try RE4 with proper PC controls after, ah... "experiencing" the original PC release control scheme.

Anyone who played that mess deserves a badge of honor.
Especially if they somehow managed to beat it with just the keyboard.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Octodad really is a charming and amusing game that I highly recommend just to experience something off the beaten path, but I do have to warn it falls apart a bit at the end as they try to do more and more complex stuff (stealth for example).

Hopefully a sequel is made which goes further for the adventure side of things, that just happens to have getting around normally and being spotted as the failure mechanic rather than trying to make it something it just doesn't fit in.

SteamWorld Dig has been a surprisingly addictive purchase.

It is a really good game. Great visuals, fun and intuitive gameplay, compelling progression. When you get beyond the feeling people have that it doesn't live up to whatever they thought or were told it was, or go in blind, and just play it as a game... it's really solid.

I loved it entirely.

Ok. Been a bit since I've posted a giveaway. Have some Sherlock Holmes Games:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sherlock Holmes The Awakened -- MB-FAE9B17348BAAFA1 - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft. 4 entrants total.
Sherlock Holmes Secret of the Silver Earring -- MB-83B068AFC1F0F0D7 - Taken by Biochet. 2 entrants total.
Sherlock Holmes The Mystery of the Persian Carpet -- MB-89A76204ECC30A1F - Taken by tw1164. 4 entrants total.
Sherlock Holmes Nemesis -- MB-751C1D52939911A5 - Taken by trailmix16. 6 entrants total.
Sherlock Holmes Mystery of the Mummy -- MB-5E7AD7A9C8DC1FFF - Taken by Htown. 3 entrants total.

t1403837086z1.png

It is a really good game. Great visuals, fun and intuitive gameplay, compelling progression. When you get beyond the feeling people have that it doesn't live up to whatever they thought or were told it was, or go in blind, and just play it as a game... it's really solid.

I loved it entirely.

Been on the fence but you sold me :D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
tumblr_msmds3aadY1qko5wdo1_250.gif

Na jk, didn't even enter :D

oi... dont steal my bits!

anyway swamped at work tonight, quick yay for Shovel Knight, and thanks to Monk who helped me get a 50€ gift card, I can pay it forward appropriately... oh yes

evil-laugh-gif.gif

but now, more work, fuckin hell

Turfster

Just think if Uplay ever goes under......fuck

So many recently awesome pc games on uplay that will be lost.

It's okay, I think the pirates have no-uplay cracks already.
(Now Ubi just needs to start using those, like they did for that hilarious POP giveaway or whatever it was)

Mono

Have some leftovers!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Critical Mass -- MB-DA8663082D58DFF3 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 2 entrants total.
Final Slam 2 -- MB-30768457E241B2CE - Taken by Gunstarheroes. 2 entrants total.
Windforge -- MB-0A14DCEA70FB741B - Taken by Archaix. 3 entrants total.

t1403827285z1.png

Kanokare

I've got no nostalgia. I never got to play it. It's something I've wanted to play since forever but never got the chance for a few insane reasons. Not sure what a triple triad is exactly but it sounds kinda awesome.

There are also those toggles you can hit that speed up combat and the drawing/magic system. As much as I hated the draw system everything else in FF8 makes it my favorite FF game.

oi... dont steal my bits!

anyway swamped at work tonight, quick yay for Shovel Knight, and thanks to Monk who helped me get a 50€ gift card, I can pay it forward appropriately... oh yes

evil-laugh-gif.gif

but now, more work, fuckin hell

Someone had to cover for ya!

inky

So 2 different people gifted me Valiant Hearts at pretty much the same time. Was there a pricing error or flash deal or something to warrant such thing? Not that people can't be generous or that it can't be a coincidence, but considering who sent them I have my doubts ;P

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
civilization V is several times easier to get into than europa

basically the europa series is what you try when you "graduate" from the ciivilization series

jut remember to buy civilization with the brave new world Dlc ..it makes the games several times better
The series are so different, though, that there's nothing you can really learn from Civ 5 that would help you with EU4, so it depends to a great extent on what you want from a strategy game. Civ 5 is fine for what it does, but if you want a much more in depth game that takes into account actual history, then EU4 is a much better choice.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
awesome - thanks guys. finally going to dive into civ after all these years.

i guess i should go for the "complete" version...over vanilla

also, 5 is the best of the series?? or should is an earlier one better...i don't really care about graphics and multiplayer...

Skyzard

Banned
^ say goodbye to your weekend

That looks really nice, what's the cheapest place to get it or is origin full price the only option?

simplycdkeys had it for £14 ... and it is still that price!

Although it's not a site that we love to recommend but it's a big price slash.

i want this game so bad but i'm worried about the lag or ping, how is online?

I dunno! I launched it, couldn't connect to EA (it blamed me) but it let me go to options (at which point it tried to connect again), then I started a match by myself, before I knew it people had joined.

We couldn't complete the match though, we were waiting around doing nothing after a round or two, not sure if there was a missing zombie or some other glitch,

But the visuals and sounds are awesome, gameplay seems fun too - in a bit of that great mindless sort of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom