• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

Anyone who played that mess deserves a badge of honor.
Especially if they somehow managed to beat it with just the keyboard.

Uh, I beated the game, just with the keyboard. Don't ask how, I don't even know lol
although more aggravating than the control scheme was the fact that they didn't even bother to change the QTE prompts to keyboard controls. Fun times in that first fight against Krauser. :p

Dmax3901

So 2 different people gifted me Valiant Hearts at pretty much the same time. Was there a pricing error or flash deal or something to warrant such thing? Not that people can't be generous or that it can't be a coincidence, but considering who sent them I have my doubts ;P

Are you some sort of Messiah? What did you do to earn such generosity?

UncleO

just when i thought i was done, i see Ass Creed's i want back on sale...how do i convince my wife to let me pick them up.

Jawmuncher

Uh, I beated the game, just with the keyboard. Don't ask how, I don't even know lol
although more aggravating than the control scheme was the fact that they didn't even bother to change the QTE prompts to keyboard controls. Fun times in that first fight against Krauser. :p

Thats some insidious shit right there. I wouldn't have even bothered.
I would love to see a port come out in that state today. Would be absolute hell here on GAF.

Jawmuncher

I just remembered this exists.

P-16704-naDurvqrar-1.jpg

After steamworld dig I have a new mission...It can't be worse than Dino Crisis 3.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
awesome - thanks guys. finally going to dive into civ after all these years.

i guess i should go for the "complete" version...over vanilla

I definitely recommend the complete version over vanilla civ v. It felt lackluster at launch, since civ iv with the bts expansion had far more content in it. Luckily, the expansions left civ v feeling more polished and fuller than it was at launch, with some of the older aspects of the previous civ games coming back.

I could still probably go back to the rhye's and fall of civilization mod but civ v is perfectly fine as it is now.

So 2 different people gifted me Valiant Hearts at pretty much the same time. Was there a pricing error or flash deal or something to warrant such thing? Not that people can't be generous or that it can't be a coincidence, but considering who sent them I have my doubts ;P

It was 0,15 cents in the RU store as a pricing-error so you can get the game easily for like 2 keys right now.

It is a really good game. Great visuals, fun and intuitive gameplay, compelling progression. When you get beyond the feeling people have that it doesn't live up to whatever they thought or were told it was, or go in blind, and just play it as a game... it's really solid.

I loved it entirely.

The same thing happened with Valiant Hearts, both are among my favourite sale purchases.

inky

Are you some sort of Messiah? What did you do to earn such generosity?

Nothing really. I just have something they want and I won't trade them for it. I really don't know if it is generosity or, you know, just trying to grease the wheels and score some points or whatever.

I'm sorry if I sound super cynical, but I can't really tell. These are not people I have any conversations with for starters, I just added them because.

It was 0,15 cents in the RU store as a pricing-error so you can get the game easily for like 2 keys right now.

Gotcha, thanks. =)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I just remembered this exists.

P-16704-naDurvqrar-1.jpg

After steamworld dig I have a new mission...It can't be worse than Dino Crisis 3.

I had no idea that even existed. Make sure to do a review for us.

Then find a way to play Dino Crisis Dungeon In Chaos.

Majukun

The series are so different, though, that there's nothing you can really learn from Civ 5 that would help you with EU4, so it depends to a great extent on what you want from a strategy game. Civ 5 is fine for what it does, but if you want a much more in depth game that takes into account actual history, then EU4 is a much better choice.
true enough,but europa can be overwhelming in many aspects,also it's a much slower game than civ.
The only (really big) problem with CIv V it's the AI for me,disappointing in many aspects,especially counting how warmongering is treated

Moussi

is it just me or are the steam servers wonky right now? trying to download deus ex here but it goes from 6.8 mbps all the way down to 0 bytes every min or so lol... then it's fine and it fucks up again. suggestions??

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
is it just me or are the steam servers wonky right now? trying to download deus ex here but it goes from 6.8 mbps all the way down to 0 bytes every min or so lol... then it's fine and it fucks up again. suggestions??

Have you tried switching Steam download servers?

Lain

Steamworld Dig is pretty nice. I'm liking all the digging around to get gems to sell for upgrades, although I can see why some would find it boring since, well, all you seem to be doing is digging to get gems to upgrade your stuff.
For me the digging down to get valuables is providing enough enjoyment, especially going all out on pick upgrades to destroy all in a single hit.

mkenyon

Banned
europa universalis IV?
Yes.

I've never ever played more than 100ish hours in any single player game, that being Civ V. Mount and Blade is pretty close around 80-90 hours. It takes a lot to get me to continue playing a single player game. Like, a lot. My gaming community is filled with pals that always pull me towards competitive stuff.

HfWDybr.png

I'm not even close to burned out yet. In fact I want to play it tonight. I've been playing it since it released, and will continue to do so until the next one comes out. It's that good.

$10.00 for this game is an absolute steal. I'd gladly pay $200 for it.

Jawmuncher

I had no idea that even existed. Make sure to do a review for us.

Then find a way to play Dino Crisis Dungeon In Chaos.

They appear to be the same game.
Not sure the what the difference in title is though....interesting.
I shall try to compare for anything notable.

And here it is... I call it the 'Giving thanks to Speevy and DrEvil : screw the golden rule and take fate into your own hands giveaway'

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ikaruga -- MB-F6951445004114F8 - Taken by apieceofstrange. 56 entrants total.
Double dragon neon -- MB-CF39AECA788F9951 - Taken by mannerbot. 37 entrants total.

t1403828002z1.png

Good luck to you all and thanks again for all the generosity on this forum (but not a big fan of the capitalism over in BST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom