• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadin

How's everyone's luck in the M&M giveaway been lately?

I haven't won in like two days, and I enter it with five phones every day.
Today was my first loss. I'm 4 for 5 now. Still surprised I won once let alone 4 times. I haven't spent a dime of my own money between that and selling cards (in the beginning).

Dmax3901

Nothing really. I just have something they want and I won't trade them for it. I really don't know if it is generosity or, you know, just trying to grease the wheels and score some points or whatever.

I'm sorry if I sound super cynical, but I can't really tell. These are not people I have any conversations with for starters, I just added them because.

So these people keep gifting you stuff even though they know you're not giving up what they want?

Yes.

I've never ever played more than 100ish hours in any single player game, that being Civ V. Mount and Blade is pretty close around 80-90 hours. It takes a lot to get me to continue playing a single player game. Like, a lot. My gaming community is filled with pals that always pull me towards competitive stuff.

HfWDybr.png

I'm not even close to burned out yet. In fact I want to play it tonight. I've been playing it since it released, and will continue to do so until the next one comes out. It's that good.

$10.00 for this game is an absolute steal. I'd gladly pay $200 for it.

I like historical settings. But Strategy hasn't been on my plate since Red Alert 2 in highschool, so I'm not sure.
The game looks very good though. Torn.

And here it is... I call it the 'Giving thanks to Speevy and DrEvil : screw the golden rule and take fate into your own hands giveaway'

Good luck to you all and thanks again for all the generosity on this forum (but not a big fan of the capitalism over in BST)

Amazing, sir.

Thank you for giving back. :D

xeris

awesome - thanks guys. finally going to dive into civ after all these years.

i guess i should go for the "complete" version...over vanilla

also, 5 is the best of the series?? or should is an earlier one better...i don't really care about graphics and multiplayer...

5 is the best you can get on Steam. The overall best for me was Civ 2: Test of Time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So these people keep gifting you stuff even though they know you're not giving up what they want?

he has a early access token to X-23 on MH and everybody wants a piece of dat female wolverine o_O

sorry for the Marvel Heroes private joke, wrong thread lol

I won a couple of minutes ago, feels good.
Sorry about your luck mang :/
Do not be sorry. I won more often than I lost when it was first posted in this thread over the weekend, so it's just balancing out. I have like eight wins so far. The week was just frontloaded with 'em!

I was just asking so I could gauge whether the contest was winding down or not. Didn't know if its increased visibility had started to dry up the money/wins. Friend straight-up saw a giant ad for it in a sales paper.

inky

Nah, one of them did once before but I already bought the game elsewhere so I declined, the other one it's the first time he's gifted me something. It's not like they keep giving me free stuff over and over, lol.

denx

And here it is... I call it the 'Giving thanks to Speevy and DrEvil : screw the golden rule and take fate into your own hands giveaway'

Good luck to you all and thanks again for all the generosity on this forum (but not a big fan of the capitalism over in BST)

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

awesome giveaway

scurker

Another giveaway. Hope someone enjoys it!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Day of Defeat: Source -- MB-1C6E4A2ACC19B654 - Taken by natertots. 8 entrants total.

t1403828468z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Any games like FTL?

Do you mean rogue-lites in general? I can't really think of any games exactly similar to ftl, but Sword of The Stars: The Pit has a similar sci-fi atmosphere to it, though the gameplay is far different. Maybe Weird Worlds? I have it, but I've yet to play it.

Zafir

C'mon Civ V where's the upgrade to Complete Edition option?? Ah well I'll wait to get it another time I guess.

Probably be waiting a while. That always happens, the DLC costs more than buying the Complete Edition.

It's the same with Skyrim. I eventually caved the other day and got the Legendary Edition when it was on sale to get the DLC I was missing.

The_Monk

oi... dont steal my bits!

anyway swamped at work tonight, quick yay for Shovel Knight, and thanks to Monk who helped me get a 50€ gift card, I can pay it forward appropriately... oh yes

evil-laugh-gif.gif

but now, more work, fuckin hell

Don't mention my good man, glad I could help. ;)

So 2 different people gifted me Valiant Hearts at pretty much the same time. Was there a pricing error or flash deal or something to warrant such thing? Not that people can't be generous or that it can't be a coincidence, but considering who sent them I have my doubts ;P

Could this be because there is now a region lock on those gifts?

Ruze789

How's everyone's luck in the M&M giveaway been lately?

I haven't won in like two days, and I enter it with five phones every day.

I think I've won once per day (out of three phones) for the last 4 days. The codes worked fine the first 2 days on Steam, locked out my marketplace access, but the last two days haven't worked. I get some kind of Steam error. The codes work elsewhere though, I used them on Xbox Live today.

The better FF7 instruments came in a patch later, so fingers crossed for that happening with FF8 as well!
Kinda, in the original PC release there was an installer for the midi instruments that the OST discs used, which wasn't in the steam release. Square just patched in the PS1 music files. But that took them a year to do.

Hopefully it doesn't take them that long for FF8, I don't really wanna play it until then.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
IF YOU LIKE GOOD GAMES, BUY EUIV RIGHT NOW SERIOUSLY.

My single player GOTF.

I want it. Talk to me about the dlc? (The main expansions, I know how paradox likes their portrait and song dlc and I don't want those)

I loved CK2 and have a huge itch to play it again. But I want EU4.

derExperte

I hope Team Red wins every day with a huge margin so it's very obvious to Valve that this idea was a terrible one and they'll never do something like this again.

tylerf

I want it. Talk to me about the dlc? (The main expansions, I know how paradox likes their portrait and song dlc and I don't want those)

I loved CK2 and have a huge itch to play it again. But I want EU4.

You don't really need the expansions right away since the base game gets patched the improvements. If you play for a while and then want the extra content you can get them later.

GKB

Hey guys, i have a question.

So i just bought KSP for TF2 keys. If i claim the game now and the publisher decided to region lock the game in the future, will i still be able to play the game?

Also, i'm sorry if this isn't the correct thread, i don't know where else to ask.
Thank you.

Deadbeat

Banned
Was playing Insurgency a bit. Last night community seemed fine. Today its just nothing but elitist pricks. Its like im playing half life firearms.

Starting to regret my purchase already. Will know better next time.

Thanks MrTeachwell for Ikaruga! I can't redeem until I get home from work, but I am grateful!

Red

Kinda, in the original PC release there was an installer for the midi instruments that the OST discs used, which wasn't in the steam release. Square just patched in the PS1 music files. But that took them a year to do.

Hopefully it doesn't take them that long for FF8, I don't really wanna play it until then.
Is there no soundtrack mod for VIII like with VII?

I hope Team Red wins every day with a huge margin blah blah blah blah
As a member of team red i second this statement.

Mono

I hope Team Red wins every day with a huge margin so it's very obvious to Valve that this idea was a terrible one and they'll never do something like this again.

Valve is laughing all the way to the bank because of this; of course they'll do something similar again!

Cerity

Hey guys, i have a question.

So i just bought KSP for TF2 keys. If i claim the game now and the publisher decided to region lock the game in the future, will i still be able to play the game?

Also, i'm sorry if this isn't the correct thread, i don't know where else to ask.
Thank you.

Yes, you've registered the RoW/Unlocked version so that's what will stick to your account. The only time they'll change it is for pre orders iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom