• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
By the way, any reason why Green gets a good head start that evaporates by the end of the day? I'm feeling like being barred from the market place hasn't been so bad afterall, aside from the fact the day it happened was also the day they got 3rd.

... I suspect this is an idea that will NOT be revisited unless they shuffle colors every day.

or this made them so much money that it will be revisited, and be even more nefarious next time

gsrjedi

And yet no Teslagrad or Valid Story, but they are repeating games so often.

I know they're a pain with their 2 hour flash sales, but check out GOG. I'm pretty sure I've seen Teslagrad for cheaper than $5 there previously & they currently have a bundle with Valdis, Dust, Guacamelee, & Unepic for $8.21

Chavelo

Gonna try to register some games with modbot again. Didn't get a reply in about 6 hours. Maybe it doesn't like me. :(

Ended up buying Crusader Kings II Collection and Europa Universalis and with that, I think I've gotten pretty much everything I wanted out of this sale. Thanks for pointing me towards russian traders guys

Where exactly can one trade with these guys? Or is it just random in trade forums or something?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I can't really blame green team's head start for vanishing with what they have to go up against. There just aren't enough big spenders on green, or any other team for that matter, to catch up with red.

im green you know :p

would never waste money on color wars tho, my money is for sniping fools. Some of them get double tapped in the chest, and yet they live...

Speevy

Banned
Gonna try to register some games with modbot again. Didn't get a reply in about 6 hours. Maybe it doesn't like me. :(

Where exactly can one trade with these guys? Or is it just random in trade forums or something?

Go to building. Ask Boris. He give you game. No police.

Chavelo

Ah, here we go... Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bastion -- MB-13720BD52DAEC4FE
The Basement Collection -- MB-8A92BB81E6B41796
Cave Story -- MB-26E9B85AE6215A43

t1403861486z1.png

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
I got the strike vector 4 pack and gave 3 away to people.. hopefully more people will be playing it and inject some life into it. Its a great game

TsuXna

Operations usually cost like 2.99-4.99 but if you get an Operation case pertaining to that event within the first few hours of it you're looking at 10-20 dollars a case. Later on they'll drop to 5 dollars and usually hover around 1-2 dollars the rest of the event.

You can also take a reallllly lucky attempt at opening it with a key (that'll cost you like 2.50 I think) and you can get something as lucky as a statrak knife which will go for hundreds depending on the quality. Best to sell cases though and not take the chance.
I dunno where from but I got Statrak Sniper, semi auto aiming, is that worth anything?
P. S I quit Cs in comparison to Insurgency it sucks.

Kanokare

I dunno where from but I got Statrak Sniper, semi auto aiming, is that worth anything?
P. S I quit Cs in comparison to Insurgency it sucks.

I looked it up on your account :) You have a StatTrak SCAR-20 Crimson Web with minimal wear. Not many people use auto snipers other than when they're rich though. It looks like it sells for 2.94 at the moment.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dracula: Origin -- MB-39F3DFF84FBC027E - Taken by PriitV
Magrunner: Dark Pulse -- MB-57670099E9DABB7F - Taken by graywolf323

And these old ones are still good (dunno if modbot sees by code or post only, check here and here to see if taken):
1953 KGB Unleashed -- 9BVX0-9W78D-WMCDE
Desura Humble Indie Bundle 2 -- HIB3B-71IW6-IG3NC-60Q8O-UY47I
Desura Humble Indie Bundle 3 -- HIB3A-ANWZA-FOJ9V-74A3W-R1P8U

TsuXna

I looked it up on your account :) You have a StatTrak SCAR-20 Crimson Web with minimal wear. Not many people use auto snipers other than when they're rich though. It looks like it sells for 2.94 at the moment.
Souka, thanks.
Imma put it up for $100 xD someone bought a hat for 200 why not try xd

are russian traders selling them for cheaper or someothing?

Yup, the CKII Collection + UEIV cost me about 13 bucks in keys total. Not bad.

Get on steamtrade (or a site like it), find a russian trader, contact them. Make a trade.

Garcia

Wow. Strike Vector's learning curve is a little steep, but once you're done with the tutorials you're ready to go.

The game looks gorgeous and plays really well! Having a great time right now with it. :D

Eusis

or this made them so much money that it will be revisited, and be even more nefarious next time
Well, I'd THINK they'd want everyone uniformly to be invested seriously, rather than a bunch of people on one end being serious and everyone else going "well I guess it doesn't matter" and not trying. Maybe Red are just such monstrous whales it doesn't matter, much like how grossly uneven mobile spending is, but if you're trying to get free games out of this I imagine/hope you're actually trying to be savvy. Though perhaps I shouldn't underestimate brainless competitive mentalities.
guys,
was Divinity II re-released or something?
I have two entries of the same game
Yeah, they released Dragon Knight Saga, then later a free update to Developer's Cut when that came out. Almost seemed like a mistake to ask my brother for that as a gift when Developer's Cut came out, but I got it for free so I guess it didn't matter!
Remember when we were all pointing at and laughing at red?

I miss those days.
Luigi's an even more fitting mascot to Green than ever. One moment of unadulterated fury, then playing second fiddle otherwise. :/

Spinluck

I have never played Grim Fandango.

When Sony announced a remastering, and GAF erupted in praise, it piqued my interest.

It's not on Steam, where can I find this game?

Mono

Guys how is Alice? Price can't be better but wonder how the game is?

It's great 3D platformer, but a shitty port. The keyboard controls are absolute rubbish, so I would reccomend using a controller. The game itself is a blast! It has a great aesthetic and there's lots of fun collectibles.

xeris

When Sony announced a remastering, and GAF erupted in praise, it piqued my interest.

To my knowledge it's never been reissued and is in the same hell that most non-Star Wars Lucasarts games are in. Best bet is ebay or maybe Amazon marketplace.

Kanokare

P2W games are no fun anyways, well except puzzle and dragons.

As much as there are a variety of weapons you can use in TF2, I don't really consider it pay to win. It's just more of a team based game and those who adapt to the composition of the other team will be ahead. Then you have games where there are 5 snipers and 3 spies with no medics or engies. Yeah your team is fucked lol. I play a mean medic though and with voice chat we get things done if I can uber/kritz the right class.

_hekk05

Banned

If I'm not wrong, the only way you can get it is to buy it from some garage sale or pirate it.

That's why the remaster was regarded as good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom