• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Strike Vector is multiplayer only correct? no campaign?

Garcia

Shiiiit. I won't be able to grab Strike Vector :'(. I'm out of funds and won't be able to do another transaction until tomorrow morning.

It looks pretty!

SmithnCo

Holy crap you aren't going to believe this...

I never got into this whole Steam market thing because really I don't care about it at all - but Steam keeps finding ways to get people to have to go through it so I checked it out and out of curiosity put a TF2 hat up for sale (I don't care about the hats and haven't played in a while).

Someone bought it. For $200.

lol, holy shit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So your Pat & Mat addiction is funded with drug money? @_@

Haha, I can't remember what I spent the money on. I crafted the badge last year while I didn't amass a stockpile of Pat & Mats until the Bohemia sale back in February.

wilflare

Holy crap you aren't going to believe this...

I never got into this whole Steam market thing because really I don't care about it at all - but Steam keeps finding ways to get people to have to go through it so I checked it out and out of curiosity put a TF2 hat up for sale (I don't care about the hats and haven't played in a while).

Someone bought it. For $200.

looking into my inventory right now... :/

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Shiiiit. I won't be able to grab Strike Vector :'(. I'm out of funds and won't be able to do another transaction until tomorrow morning.

It looks pretty!

Won't be able to do another transaction until the morning, eh?

It would be a shame to miss out on a good deal.

Luckily I have card money.

LiK

Wanna get Cognition but only 50% off. Gonna wait and see if it becomes a Daily or Flash. If not, I'll grab it. It's nice to see a game based in modern Boston.

Salsa

also, if you put a hat for sale for $200 as a random *test* and it sells instantly: chances are you could have sold it for higher

yes that's right im here to shit on the parade

Hugstable

Banned
hope you enjoy Tomb of the Giants! that place is worst, haha

That sounds dreadful haha. Hopefully the boss isn't too bad, blighttown was just plain hell on it's own.

Anyone else end up picking up Shovel Knight also? Played like 3 levels of it so far and it's great. Beat level 2 and 3 while taking out checkpoints, but I almost got to the end of 4 doing that and ended up dying. Might not take out checkpoint anymore, these levels are hella long.

also, if you put a hat for sale for $200 as a random *test* and it sells instantly: chances are you could have sold it for higher

Yeah I figured that - and this is probably an example of some shark turning it around for more, but I have no regrets. I don't want anything to do with the TF2 Hat Market - scary stuff.

Mono

Anyone have a spare Rogue Legacy in their inventory they want to sell to me? I finally have enough now thanks to the M&Ms thing, but it's not on sale anymore!

Speevy

Banned
The only thing I regret not getting to buy is Shovel Knight.

I'm sure it will go on sale at some point in the far future though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
INDIGNATION.gif

is...is that a "Seahorse Romulan sporting a PURPLE shirt because JaseC reps for purple in the steam sale" avatar I see?

Have at it, for anyone who didn't grab one earlier
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Adventures of Shuggy -- MB-926E865B34463A94 - Taken by Oublieux

Rhaknar

anyone seen Banished for 3 keys floating around or is 4 still the best deal? because fuck 4

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, Alice is 75% off and I don't have a dime on my CC, and I don't think I'll be able to put anything on it before the deal expires.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

I dunno about TF2 hats outside of the Earbuds being SUPER expensive since they were limited compared to the Linux/Tux item.

I'll say that if you get a Karambit Factory New Stat-track from a crate in CS:GO, you just funded your kids college funds by selling it for $500+ at that point.

iosefe

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, Alice is 75% off and I don't have a dime on my CC, and I don't think I'll be able to put anything on it before the deal expires.

what if i got you Alice tonight, and by the end of the sale, you get me some 4.99 item?

*edit* hmm...thought i hit PM

Rhaknar

why did you steal light wants to kill monsters avatar? o_O

Link Man

Banned
I dunno about TF2 hats outside of the Earbuds being SUPER expensive since they were limited compared to the Linux/Tux item.

I'll say that if you get a Karambit Factory New Stat-track from a crate in CS:GO, you just funded your kids college funds by selling it for $500+ at that point.

Um, $500 would cover the books for the first semester. But I get what you're saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom