• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

haven't bought much in this sale

just around 10 games

hvP8Phg.png

Elija2

I already asked this before but I want to ask it one more time to get a better consensus: Resident Evil 6 or Borderlands 2 GOTY?

Kyougar

What a strange thing to say

I dont think so. it boggles my mind how some People want to request Controller Support for games, that are clearly kb/m optimized or the only way to play it. Whats the benefit with play Crusader Kings with a gamepad on the couch? oO
(not that I saw such a post, but some real suggestions are going that way here)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I do but I suck.

That doesn't matter. Like CS:GO, crate/item drops are based on time-played online. Not W/L or K/D ratios. You could (in theory, Valve doesn't really like this) sit in "idle servers" with other human "players" and get drops, for instance. It's the whole system: So long as you're "actively" playing, they'll give you drops.

dot

I already asked this before but I want to ask it one more time to get a better consensus: Resident Evil 6 or Borderlands 2 GOTY?

RE6 is very fun with or without co-op. I figure it's the same with Borderlands 2.

Just buy one already. lol

re6

Kanokare

Both games are more fun with friends, both games are sort of stale without friends. My biased opinion says RE6 though because I just like Resident Evil and thought the story mode solo was fun in itself. BL2 I couldn't finish solo at all but had friends at least to do things for me while I tabbed out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thesecks
Level 1

I take it this isnt actually you Secks?

ExVicis

Is there any reason to get Dark Souls (1 or 2) on Steam if I already own them for console? I've been wondering if the mods or PC really add something new to the game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is there any reason to get Dark Souls (1 or 2) on Steam if I already own them for console? I've been wondering if the mods or PC really add something new to the game.

PC DS2 is 60fps

Rhaknar

http://www.steamtrades.com/forum/bnOIN/hbatman-banished-civilizations-counter-europa-final-l4d-resident-romewkeyscards

this guys is selling it for 3 keys and 2 refs(no idea what this is but 1 ref is 3 cards so, ~okayish deal?)

i dont play TF2 so I have no refs, nor do I want to go hunt them down in the market, keys are bad enough. its alright, its not like im frothing for Banished

thanks tho creepy avatar dude

edit:im the worst at editing my posts, and its 7am and ive been at work since midnight, fuck all of you, ill double post all I want damn it!!!!

...im sorry :(

Eusis

Same reason was you'd double dip on most retail console games (and even many digital-exclusive ones): better performance and resolution assuming you have the hardware for that, and even a $150 card will do that for PS3/360 games (especially since AMD's offering there is roughly on par with PS4's GPU anyway.) If those don't interest you (and you will need Durante's fix for DS1) then you can feel free to skip.

Elija2

Do you have friends to play with?

I have a friend that would occasionally be able to play Borderlands 2 with me. I have no friends that would be able to play RE6 with me, but I'd be fine playing with randoms.

Okay, it seems like most people are still recommending RE6 over Borderlands 2, but I have one more question. Is there still a healthy RE6 online community? Will I be able to join an online game at almost any time?

dot

how long is a round and how often are the drops?

I play casual deathmatch almost all the time so like 10 minutes. You can get a few drops a week i guess. I don't know the exact number.

You can make your money back by getting the Operation cases (when they make new Operations) and selling them so yeah.

Anustart

Almost chopped off Don Corneos slim jim. Can't wait to get out of midgar, game gets so good then.

Edit: I need to redownload tf2 so I can idle it for drops every day while I'm at work.

Eusis

And yet no Teslagrad or Valid Story, but they are repeating games so often.
It's something of a boon that usually if a game in a series goes on sale so does the rest of the series... which also bodes badly for seeing a deeper DSII discount. Perhaps 33% is really as low as Bandai Namco wants to go.

ExVicis

Same reason was you'd double dip on most retail console games (and even many digital-exclusive ones): better performance and resolution assuming you have the hardware for that, and even a $150 card will do that for PS3/360 games (especially since AMD's offering there is roughly on par with PS4's GPU anyway.) If those don't interest you (and you will need Durante's fix for DS1) then you can feel free to skip.

Alright I guess I'm curious as to how much nicer Anor Londo would look with better everything. At $6 I suppose there's no harm in getting it regardless of why.

Rhaknar

I dont know why this just hit me after like 6 straight sales of using this system...

...but dailies getting repeats in flashes is fucking bullshit. Dailies are up for not 24, but 48 hours. Flash deals are up for 8 hours, and lost votes might not even be up at all.

What a shitty system Valve, I guess those triple A companies must have deep pockets

Holy crap you aren't going to believe this...

I never got into this whole Steam market thing because really I don't care about it at all - but Steam keeps finding ways to get people to have to go through it so I checked it out and out of curiosity put a TF2 hat up for sale (I don't care about the hats and haven't played in a while).

Someone bought it. For $200.

Wow. o_O

I play casual deathmatch almost all the time so like 10 minutes. You can get a few drops a week i guess. I don't know the exact number.

You can make your money back by getting the Operation cases (when they make new Operations) and selling them so yeah.

when do they make new operations?

and are operation cases again, randomly dropped at the end of a match?

iosefe

I dont know why this just hit me after like 6 straight sales of using this system...

...but dailies getting repeats in flashes is fucking bullshit. Dailies are up for not 24, but 48 hours. Flash deals are up for 8 hours, and lost votes might not even be up at all.

What a shitty system Valve, I guess those triple A companies must have deep pockets

its worse when it enters Community vote.flash just as it leaves daily.

why? .-.

Stage On

Boy wait tell we get to the last day where all the daily's will be repeats of the repeats for people that missed stuff like Borderlands 2 that's been on sale several times already

Knurek

Someone really should write an open letter to GabeN about that.
It's a shitty way to treat both your customers and your partners that aren't Zenimax/Take2/whatever.

waby

Holy crap you aren't going to believe this...

I never got into this whole Steam market thing because really I don't care about it at all - but Steam keeps finding ways to get people to have to go through it so I checked it out and out of curiosity put a TF2 hat up for sale (I don't care about the hats and haven't played in a while).

Someone bought it. For $200.
That overflowing steam wallet...

dot

Operation Phoenix ended a few weeks back. I think the new one should be out sometime next month. To get into a Operation you gotta pay a fee, but it's worth it since like i said before you can make profit just by selling drops.

Yes, the cases drop at the end of the match. Old operation cases, sticker capsules, and weapon skins too. It becomes addicting collecting them all.

Eusis

By the way, any reason why Green gets a good head start that evaporates by the end of the day? I'm feeling like being barred from the market place hasn't been so bad afterall, aside from the fact the day it happened was also the day they got 3rd.

... I suspect this is an idea that will NOT be revisited unless they shuffle colors every day.

Ended up buying Crusader Kings II Collection and Europa Universalis and with that, I think I've gotten pretty much everything I wanted out of this sale. Thanks for pointing me towards russian traders guys

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
By the way, any reason why Green gets a good head start that evaporates by the end of the day? I'm feeling like being barred from the market place hasn't been so bad afterall, aside from the fact the day it happened was also the day they got 3rd.

... I suspect this is an idea that will NOT be revisited unless they shuffle colors every day.

I can't really blame green team's head start for vanishing with what they have to go up against. There just aren't enough big spenders on green, or any other team for that matter, to catch up with red.

Plus a lot of people just craft all of their badges for the day all at once, from what I've noticed from the friend overview on sale faq.

Kanokare

Operations usually cost like 2.99-4.99 but if you get an Operation case pertaining to that event within the first few hours of it you're looking at 10-20 dollars a case. Later on they'll drop to 5 dollars and usually hover around 1-2 dollars the rest of the event.

You can also take a reallllly lucky attempt at opening it with a key (that'll cost you like 2.50 I think) and you can get something as lucky as a statrak knife which will go for hundreds depending on the quality. Best to sell cases though and not take the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom