• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuze

D'aww ;_;
Thank you very much FiveElementNinja!
4824fc468c.jpg

Eusis

Actually in addition to what I said before: the cards look like they're set to vanish on the 30th. So, yeah, I expect recap day to be Sunday this time.

Miguel81

you know what: Ducktales Remastered is terrible

I bought it for $6 a while ago and just now I remembered like "oh yeah, I have 2 levels left and I abandoned it"

and as I immediatly start thinking of going back to it, I remember that i'll probably have to sit through incredibly annoying "cutscenes" every time im getting to some fun rhythm with the gameplay. It's the most interrupted game i've played in a while and the humor is terrible and the random voice clips during gameplay itself are so annoyingly unnecessary

there's some enjoyment there, but jesus you gotta dig for it

fuck that game

it's even triple-worse now that Shovel Knight is out

The only bad thing I could say about it was that the larger hit-boxes could be a pain sometimes(The last section was more difficult on extreme due to that). Since I grew up with the show, and have nostalgia for it, the cut-scenes were a lot of fun. At least you can skip them from the options menu, and significantly shorten them for the second playthrough.

Tellaerin

Please don't. Only buy it if it's a cheap +1.

I had to force myself to finish the first tutorial level (on iPad), and I love Deus Ex.
It's horrible.

Most ports of mobile games are bad. This is beyond bad

It's garbage. Don't waste your time.

This was all the reason I needed to stay away:

...okay, consider me convinced. : / (Recoil makes your head snap back? Unless this guy's supposed to be rocking a skull-gun, that makes no sense. Not to mention being enough to give somebody motion sickness. >_<)

Is Deus Ex HR director's cut worth picking up if I own standard + DLC already?

Depends, how much did you like it?

I loved DX:HR, and I have played it front to back at least 6 times. With the Directors Cut, you get all the dlc seamlessly added to the main story, improved AI, commentary (which is actually great), boss fights with non lethal takedowns, etc etc. I thought it was well worth double dipping.

Hmm is there a point to buying the Deluxe version of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood if you only cared for singleplayer content? I've read somewhere on the Steam forums that the regular edition on Steam already comes with the DLC maps that are advertised in the Deluxe edition because the regular edition is packaged with the Da Vinci DLC, which unlocks the two advertised maps as well.

Just for reference, the two exclusive maps advertised on the Deluxe edition are called Trajan Market and Aqueducts.

Enk

makes good threads.
you know what: Ducktales Remastered is terrible

I bought it for $6 a while ago and just now I remembered like "oh yeah, I have 2 levels left and I abandoned it"

and as I immediatly start thinking of going back to it, I remember that i'll probably have to sit through incredibly annoying "cutscenes" every time im getting to some fun rhythm with the gameplay. It's the most interrupted game i've played in a while and the humor is terrible and the random voice clips during gameplay itself are so annoyingly unnecessary

there's some enjoyment there, but jesus you gotta dig for it

fuck that game

it's even triple-worse now that Shovel Knight is out

Yeah pretty much. Any time a game constantly stops me mid-level to do story/tutorial crap (especially a retro sidescroller) it just kills any kind off "fun buzz" that I have. Stuff like that keeps me from wanting to replay that game and any game that does something similar. Save the chatter for NPCs, bosses, and completing a level. Also didn't help either that that game was released at the same time as Castle of Illusion which did the whole storytelling and remake thing far better and less intrusive.

If you don't particularly care about the boss fights being improved, then no.

Improved my ass. I actually bought DE:HR Director's Cut just cause I want to try the "new improved" versions for myself someday... but until that day and the unlikely chance that I say "wow, y'know what, this is actually better", I call bullshit on that.

People who bitch about those boss fights get lumped in the same category for me as the people who bitch about the Dead Rising save system and timer.

I forgot.

I also keep trying to add ES via the client but it never works.
I got ES standalone to work for a while, but it just doubles up on things if I used the browser version. So like there would be 2 sets of lowest price listings right on top of each other, etc. It was irritating (and quickly out of date, I think?) so I just stick with the extension now.

Edit: I disliked the director's cut of HR for the fact that the new lighting looked off to bad in a lot of the main game areas, and they for the most part removed the gold filter which I actually liked.

Caerith

...okay, consider me convinced. : / (Recoil makes your head snap back? Unless this guy's supposed to be rocking a skull-gun, that makes no sense. Not to mention being enough to give somebody motion sickness. >_<)

Maybe it's set in an alternate universe where you play as Gunther Hermann.

Miguel81

I loved DX:HR, and I have played it front to back at least 6 times. With the Directors Cut, you get all the dlc seamlessly added to the main story, improved AI, commentary (which is actually great), boss fights with non lethal takedowns, etc etc. I thought it was well worth double dipping.

I have to agree with that. I'm playing New Game+ with commentary on this time, and it's great to listen to. I'm even going out of my way to find as many as I can.

Zoned

Actively hates charity

I have never played any Deus Ex game. So would you recommend starting with Director's Cut directly?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm is there a point to buying the Deluxe version of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood if you only cared for singleplayer content? I've read somewhere on the Steam forums that the regular edition on Steam already comes with the DLC maps that are advertised in the Deluxe edition because the regular edition is packaged with the Da Vinci DLC, which unlocks the two advertised maps as well.

Just for reference, the two exclusive maps advertised on the Deluxe edition are called Trajan Market and Aqueducts.

This is true. Ubi incorporated the DLC into the PC version across the board as a sort of apology for its belated release.

Improved my ass. I actually bought DE:HR Director's Cut just cause I want to try the "new improved" versions for myself someday... but until that day and the unlikely chance that I say "wow, y'know what, this is actually better", I call bullshit on that.

People who bitch about those boss fights get lumped in the same category for me as the people who bitch about the Dead Rising save system and timer.

Due to all the complaints that the boss fights felt woefully out of place, I just cheesed them with the help of the typhoon upgrade. I don't think a single one lasted more than 10 seconds.

I don't know what there is to doubt, even if you don't mind their original forms the DC expanded on the arenas to allow for different skillsets to complete them. It's a pretty undeniable improvement.

Unless you count the Namor knockout glitch, because they fixed that in the DC heh.

This is true. Ubi incorporated the DLC into the PC version across the board as a sort of apology for its belated release.

Due to all the complaints that the boss fights felt woefully out of place, I just cheesed them with the help of the typhoon upgrade. I don't think a single one lasted more than 10 seconds.

Ubi plz

Thanks a lot for the fast response though. You just saved me $2.50 :^)

Um ok... That community deal!

But actually, the purchase of my rocksmith cable and playing with the sound recorder last week actually made me want a music programme

So uh... Vote music! I guess :-\

I don't know what there is to doubt, even if you don't mind their original forms the DC expanded on the arenas to allow for different skillsets to complete them. It's a pretty undeniable improvement.

Unless you count the Namor knockout glitch, because they fixed that in the DC heh.

I had an entirely stealth build. I did the "no unnecessary kills" achievement.
And I managed to complete every one of them. By the way, this was on hard.
I even did Namor without the glitch and with having the ability limiter installed. That was a fucking challenge, but I did it.
Expanding the maps to make it easier for people who chose builds not geared toward combat is just appeasing the complainers, much like DR3 did by removing the timer unless you pick "super hard ultra mode" or whatever. :lol

Helmholtz

How is Assassins Creed Brotherhood anyway?
The only AC game I played was 2 and I thought it was alright. Is Brotherhood a significant improvement?
I already own the game from way back, just wondering if I should bother with it.

Miguel81

ugh that's how I feel about Castle of Illusion. I thought it'd be great (nostalgia) but I'm just not enjoying it that much.

I also have Duck Tales on my wishlist but may remove it having now experienced Castle of Illusion >_>

IMO DuckTales is a much better platformer, and extreme will give you some old-fashioned NES difficulty.

I have never played any Deus Ex game. So would you recommend starting with Director's Cut directly?

Try giving the original a go sometime. It still has one of the best soundtracks of all time, and some quirky humor that's missing from the new one(mostly due to the style of voice-acting).

Colby

I accidentally deleted my PM, but thank you to the kind sir/ma'am for Monaco. I've been interested in it for a while. You warm my heart.

Also, once again, Rogue Legacy is amazing. It's consuming my life, though, so watch out for that.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
How is Assassins Creed Brotherhood anyway?
The only AC game I played was 2 and I thought it was alright. Is Brotherhood a significant improvement?
I already own the game from way back, just wondering if I should bother with it.

I wouldn't say it's a significant improvement over II, but it does feel slightly improved in gameplay, though it still feels like more of the same. It's also shorter, from what I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom