• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

How is Assassins Creed Brotherhood anyway?
The only AC game I played was 2 and I thought it was alright. Is Brotherhood a significant improvement?
I already own the game from way back, just wondering if I should bother with it.

It's still my favorite AC game. The stuff they added with you recruiting and using your brotherhood of assassins is really fun. It's probably the most well balanced AC game, content wise. After that, they really fell into the feature-creep of annual releases. Quantity over quality. The story is also the kind of stupid I really can appreciate.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How is Assassins Creed Brotherhood anyway?
The only AC game I played was 2 and I thought it was alright. Is Brotherhood a significant improvement?
I already own the game from way back, just wondering if I should bother with it.

I wouldn't say Brotherhood is a significant improvement, but if you liked 2 then you'll definitely enjoy it. The game is set in Rome almost exclusively, however the world does feel quite big. I'm hoping Unity's Paris is similarly sized.

I wouldn't say it's a significant improvement over II, but it does feel slightly improved in gameplay, though it still feels like more of the same. It's also shorter, from what I remember.

It is, but not by a lot. The game took me ~10 hours less to 100%, compared to 2.

xBladeM6x

Shovel Knight is gonna make me dig deep into my wallet isn't it?

Do it. The game is pure gold.

campFire.gif

Caerith

I had an entirely stealth build. I did the "no unnecessary kills" achievement.
And I managed to complete every one of them. By the way, this was on hard.
I even did Namor without the glitch and with having the ability limiter installed. That was a fucking challenge, but I did it.
Expanding the maps to make it easier for people who chose builds not geared toward combat is just appeasing the complainers, much like DR3 did by removing the timer unless you pick "super hard ultra mode" or whatever. :lol

I played on hard, getting Pacifist, Foxiest of the Hounds, and Good Soul on the same playthrough. The bosses weren't hard, so I don't see why they needed to be reworked. I mean, it's not like they were laputan machines.

Miguel81

I wouldn't say Brotherhood is a significant improvement, but if you liked 2 then you'll definitely enjoy it. The game is set in Rome almost exclusively, however the world does feel quite big. I'm hoping Unity's Paris is similarly sized.

The Cristina memories
were heart-breaking
, and worth the purchase price. Some of the best moments in the series for me.

I played on hard, getting Pacifist, Foxiest of the Hounds, and Good Soul on the same playthrough. The bosses weren't hard, so I don't see why they needed to be reworked. I mean, it's not like they were laputan machines.

I did too.
I didn't understand the criticisms at first... and then as I was raging because of the corner I backed myself into with Namor, I kind of got it.

But the more I thought about it, the more I realized I liked it the way it was and I liked the challenge of haivng to figure out how to handle the bosses without stealth/no kill. Sometimes it's kill or be killed and life isn't fair most of the time. Remember, Adam never asked for this. :p

Shadownet

Banned
I'm at the point where I haven't bought anything for 7 hours. Where I keep staring at the front page and I can hear LA Noire begging me to buy it. And its getting harder to resist by the second.

I just wanna buy something to cure my itchy finger!

Birathen

This is my first steam summer sale since I havet been gaming on PC for a long time. Guys.. I think Im having an episode. I woke up in the middle of the night and could not go back to sleep befor checking what was on sale :eek: Ive bought more games in a short period of time then ever befor and just paid a fraction of what it should have cost. What manner of black sorcery is this?! What will happen to me once the sale is over D:

I will ofcourse play Spintires until I never want to see a truck ever again and then finally try and finish Baldurs gate 2.

There's essentially a "beat boss" aug, so yeah they aren't necessarily hard. Just one dimensional and poorly fitting within the constructs of the game's (and series') design.

I played through 4 or 5 levels on Shovel Knight tonight at a friends, it is really fun! Makes me want to buy it haha. Reminds me of Legend of Zelda 2, Mega Man and SMB3 overworld maps.

drgambit

Banned
What the fuck?!
Now software while still no Visual Novoel Conmunity Vote? VALVE!

I have a feeling that we might see one next sale, with all the good VNs that have released lately. Really want to buy a few copies of ECONOMiCA to give as gifts for Christmas.

maneil99

I swear MW3 looks worse the MW2. Almost BF3 level of boring art design. Looks like someone destroyed the lighting system or something...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Don't underestimate hungry animestylefans. I want to beliwve. And at least a chance.

I feel like Paca Plus is going to be a hit with the let's play community, which means that at some point in a future sale a visual novel community choice could actually end up succeeding if they shoved it into the category.

Caerith

I did too.
I didn't understand the criticisms at first... and then as I was raging because of the corner I backed myself into with Namor, I kind of got it.

But the more I thought about it, the more I realized I liked it the way it was and I liked the challenge of haivng to figure out how to handle the bosses without stealth/no kill. Sometimes it's kill or be killed and life isn't fair most of the time. Remember, Adam never asked for this. :p
My only criticism with the boss battles was being able to skip them with...

There's essentially a "beat boss" aug, so yeah they aren't necessarily hard. Just one dimensional and poorly fitting within the constructs of the game's (and series') design.
Typhoon, yeah.

If I buy BNW expansion for Civ V, I can turn it off in single player, right?

Yeah. It's treated as a mod in the menus.

Shadownet

Banned
How the heck do you use a DS4 on PC? I know with Microsoft controller at least when you plug them in they're supported.

I just tried plugging my DS4 in. Nothing.

You have created 166 listings this year. Before you can sell or list more than 200 items in a calendar year, we are required to collect certain information from you. Please click here to provide the necessary information. To find out more about this requirement, please visit the FAQ.
Whoops. Hopefully I don't hit that limit too soon.

drgambit

Banned
So have we hit the point in the sale where we stop putting summer cards on the market and focus on collecting them to craft? Or is it still worth the $ to sell them?

Tizoc

you know what: Ducktales Remastered is terrible

I bought it for $6 a while ago and just now I remembered like "oh yeah, I have 2 levels left and I abandoned it"

and as I immediatly start thinking of going back to it, I remember that i'll probably have to sit through incredibly annoying "cutscenes" every time im getting to some fun rhythm with the gameplay. It's the most interrupted game i've played in a while and the humor is terrible and the random voice clips during gameplay itself are so annoyingly unnecessary

there's some enjoyment there, but jesus you gotta dig for it

fuck that game

it's even triple-worse now that Shovel Knight is out
skip the cutscenes mang.

Elija2

So have we hit the point in the sale where we stop putting summer cards on the market and focus on collecting them to craft? Or is it still worth the $ to sell them?

Might as well sell them. They're only gonna go down in price you could always buy them again later for slightly lower than you sold them at.

Enco

I keep getting burnt by not selling the cards in the first few days in the sale.

Don't know why I do it. Prices always drop and they become almost worthless.

I'm still putting them on the store but it's chump change. Probably not worth the effort.

Chariot

No problem! And:

So the winners! For this giveaway!
PfantzyPantz won Transitor
Pupo won The Banner Saga
Chainsawkitten won Spartan Assault for his wildly inappropriate story
Hurgh, had to search for this post. My bedtime time sucks xD
Worthy winners! And thank you for this another great contest!

I have a feeling that we might see one next sale, with all the good VNs that have released lately. Really want to buy a few copies of ECONOMiCA to give as gifts for Christmas.
One can only hope :(

I feel like Paca Plus is going to be a hit with the let's play community, which means that at some point in a future sale a visual novel community choice could actually end up succeeding if they shoved it into the category.
I feel confident that Visual Novels could win with the right ones.
Like Dysfunctional Systems - Analogue/Hate Plus - Recettear - Long Live The Queen (because repeats happen)

AngerdX

Ok i can´t buy cards from market i´m locked out until 22 july, i got spare card 6 and 7 i´d like to trade for 1, 3, 4, 5 or 10 sucks i wont be making it i guess. :/

Also here is a Payday 2 giveaway you can enter for all 3 but only win one, this is for those unlucky ones. :)

Good Luck!

QUOTE=ModBot]

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Payday2 3 -- MB-01DEC2ED97BF8A5A
Payday2 2 -- MB-74D4B4252256C77D
Payday2 1 -- MB-FFE12465CF2E959B

t1403953235z1.png
[/QUOTE]

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
morning Gaf, had a early night last night for once, did I miss much besides these loltastic community choices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom