• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costia

It's an Acer Aspire E1-572.
Processor: Intel Core i3-4010U CPU @ 1.70GHz

I got it this year but I don't think it's brand new considering all the new laptops have Windows 8 and this was still Windows 7. Maybe 09'? I don't use it for gaming so it wasn't an issue but damn I want XCOM!

It is new. the 4010U cpu was released at the end of 2013

jb2jW9OrLPx6KY.png

Even still,
Wolfenstein giveaway, 1 minute left

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thank you Pahamrick for Dragonfall

Excited about this one as I loved vanilla Shadowrun (fuck all you haters!)

Intel® HD Graphics 4400

Won't go far :/

Actually I've gamed on an Intel HD 3000 before and it does shockingly well in many instances.

Unreal Engine games tend to be pretty forgiving of a system's bottlenecks, and XCOM is the least demanding off the top of my head. Try the demo. I think it will work. Even if you're pulling 20-30fps, it's turn based.

Thanks to MarcoZombieCannon and Grief for the help with GTA San Andreas.

Got it running at 1080p and with XInput. It's going to be great for couch gaming :)

Pretty lackluster Summer Sale, honestly. Sure, I picked up a lot of great games for cheap, but this is probably the first Steam sale that I haven't spent a load of money on. Don't even get me started about the cluster fuck that was the Summer Adventure game.

Ugh.

Picked up:

Brutal Legend
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Deponia
Dishonored
Gone Home
Long Live the Queen
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death
Payday: The Heist
Sid Meier's Civilization V
State of Decay
Zeno Clash 2

Will probably buy Shadowrun: Dragonfall while it's $5.99, but I have plenty of time to decide on that.

Sullichin

Not really, but it's fine for that price I'd say. Console people might like it but if you want a good Thief stealth game, go for the originals or Dishonored.

I've never played a Thief game before so I don't have any expectation of what it should be. I beat Dishonored. I have the original Thief as well but I haven't played it yet.

Turfster

Huh. The Wolf ROW is non-crossregiontradingandgifting, but that just considers everything but germany (and possibly russia and asia) as one region, right?

Tizoc

I've never played a Thief game before so I don't have any expectation of what it should be. I beat Dishonored. I have the original Thief as well but I haven't played it yet.

In that case I'd say don't bother with it. I got it for $30 through GMG, but made it to Chapter 3 and couldn't be arsed to finish it at the time :p Maybe someday I'll go back and finish it...

I played about 5 minutes of lifeless planet and was intrigued. I am personally waiting for it to go to xbone though because of the money i got from the gamestop giveaway

NEO0MJ

Decided to give away my extra copy of this game. Me and my friends have had a lot of fun with this game and I hope whoever wins it does the same. I know I can't force you not to participate but if you have no plans to play this game with other people can you please not participate as to give others a chance to enjoy it? Thanks.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nidhogg -- MB-CAFB08ABBEA69C5E - Taken by Junko

t1403998731z1.png

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I like the synopsis, sounds interesting. Has anyone played Lifeless Planet? Is it good?

I did not care for it much. It's painfully "my first unity project" in a lot of respects, the story really does nothing special and all of the platforming segments are floaty and miserable. 2/5 at best, and that's me being generous.

Imagine if you will a third grader trying to recreate a kubrick film with hess trucks and plastic army men and you've got about what Lifeless Planet is like.

Techies

These sales do wonder to games like Strike Vector (which had a $3 flash sale).
Lots and lots of new players.

Actually all games see a nice increase this time of the year.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
playfire rewards are weird man, it already gave me the rewards for 2 of the star wars games, but not all 4 that i did earlier (all one after the other), or for other games I did earlier

/shrug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom