• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Huh. The Wolf ROW is non-crossregiontradingandgifting, but that just considers everything but germany (and possibly russia and asia) as one region, right?

Russia gets the ROW version too when buying through the Steam store.

A toy, where I could play as the Nazis as good guys is not equal to shooting Nazis with them being the bad guys,
but that's our dear politicans, and therefore laws, logic for you.

The fun thing is that you can shoot Nazis in games without a problem, see http://store.steampowered.com/app/210561/ for example. They just can't wear hats with swastikas on them. *g* Yep, it's a bit dumb.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
cloudbuilt looks fun but im still hesitant to pick it up

Get me a copy and I´ll tell you if its worth it.
KuGsj.gif

I did not care for it much. It's painfully "my first unity project" in a lot of respects, the story really does nothing special and all of the platforming segments are floaty and miserable. 2/5 at best, and that's me being generous.

Imagine if you will a third grader trying to recreate a kubrick film with hess trucks and plastic army men and you've got about what Lifeless Planet is like.

Shame. Thanks for your articulate response, very helpful.

StAidan

playfire rewards are weird man, it already gave me the rewards for 2 of the star wars games, but not all 4 that i did earlier (all one after the other), or for other games I did earlier

/shrug

I often get odd reward values for my achievements (sometimes higher, sometimes lower than the stated values in the blog). I think I've come out ahead because of it though, so no complaints here.

Hobby

Bought a Broforce four pack when it was on sale, but I only really wanted two copies. I'm selling the remaining two each for 3 TF2 keys and 1 Summer Adventure 2014 Card of your choice (should add up to around $6.80). PM me if interested!

SSPssp

playfire rewards are weird man, it already gave me the rewards for 2 of the star wars games, but not all 4 that i did earlier (all one after the other), or for other games I did earlier

/shrug

When rewards don't show up after a couple of days, I send a message to support. They always have gotten me my credit. It usually takes a week or two for the credit to show up and a real person to respond though.

Manik

Is it actually lackluster or do you already own most of the games?

That's the problem I've had with the last few sales - I already own the usual games that go on sale. I should hold off buying things for a year or so to reset this.

Acccent

the scores are so close. Shame we had to wait for the final day for this kind of fight (apart from the glorious duel between purple and red on day 2)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
When rewards don't show up after a couple of days, I send a message to support. They always have gotten me my credit. It usually takes a week or two for the credit to show up and a real person to respond though.

but that takes effort :p

I only want to get my free ultra sf4 and then Ill never care about those rewards again when it goes back to 0€

Arthea

That's the problem I've had with the last few sales - I already own the usual games that go on sale. I should hold off buying things for a year or so to reset this.

Have you checked hidden deals? there are so many of those this sale, overwhelmingly so, and some are really good, often better than what's on main page (><)

tylerf

Has anyone ever played Waves and can say how it stacks up to Geometry Wars? I'm kind of in the mood for that type of game.

wHu6pFw.png

As a backer and a lover of anything Tim Shafer I have decided to give away Broken Age! But with a twist!

Two of the mystery games are Broken Age.
The other three are Bad Rats.

Choose wisely and goodluck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-E037FE8A4B47BE4D
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-6F88A13F8B97A0C3 - Taken by Terra_Ex
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-C6F14D5A5EE06C0D
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-40840119B5AAEEB7 - Taken by dream
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-03CF13D4DA2C7C29 - Taken by Sajjaja

t1404075335z1.png

dot

EClx5mo.png

As a backer and a lover of anything Tim Shafer I have decided to give away Broken Age! But with a twist!

Two of the mystery games are Broken Age.
The other three are Bad Rats.

Choose wisely and goodluck!

lol wow

Eventually everyone will be infected with Bad Rats.

BJK

Watching the scoreboard for the daily race today is crazy, with the teams swapping spots non-stop.

Repping Team Pink, we already got ours twice, so a 3rd win would just be icing on the cake...pink icing.

Pretty lackluster Summer Sale, honestly. Sure, I picked up a lot of great games for cheap, but this is probably the first Steam sale that I haven't spent a load of money on. Don't even get me started about the cluster fuck that was the Summer Adventure game.

Ugh.

Picked up:

Brutal Legend
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Deponia
Dishonored
Gone Home
Long Live the Queen
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death
Payday: The Heist
Sid Meier's Civilization V
State of Decay
Zeno Clash 2

Will probably buy Shadowrun: Dragonfall while it's $5.99, but I have plenty of time to decide on that.

I was thinking the same thing too, then I realized I had bought several of the midweek, weekend sales over the last few months that I normally would have waited for the big sale. So if I take those into account, I have gotten quite a few big name titles, just spread out over more time.

Not since EA have I seen anyone rewarded so heavily for making a broken, awful game. The people who made Bad Rats are far more fortunate than they deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom