• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
EClx5mo.png

As a backer and a lover of anything Tim Shafer I have decided to give away Broken Age! But with a twist!

Two of the mystery games are Broken Age.
The other three are Bad Rats.

Choose wisely and goodluck!

you monster!

haha

Not since EA have I seen anyone rewarded so heavily for making a broken, awful game. The people who made Bad Rats are far more fortunate than they deserve.

I wonder how much money they have made from this.

gngf123

Okay people. I think you should buy Cloudbuilt.

Soundtrack and art are great, and the basic game mechanics are fun. Controls are starting to feel a lot better now after an initial stage of feeling awkward.

Too early to judge the levels just yet, since I've only played through a couple of early stages. They seem okay, but I can't help but dislike the falling laser balls of death.

-MD-

Jokes aside, I wouldn't be surprised if Valve had something to do with Pink winning yesterday. All of the major players had hopped onto the Red bandwagon by that point.

I think it's safe to say Valve are the ones controlling the race and not the community.

Caerith

Well, that's depressing. I gave away a copy of Long Live the Queen but the person who claimed it didn't activate it. They took it-- it's not in my inventory-- but it isn't in their game list. I got curious and startled googling, and it turns out that they have a pattern of taking games without activating.

This is how this bullshit makes me feel:

YBIkx1B.jpg

I'm not going to name names. I'm sure detective-gaf could find lots of people who do this. The community here is pretty good, but it's hard to see that past the scum sometimes.

Jawmuncher

Well, that's depressing. I gave away a copy of Long Live the Queen but the person who claimed it didn't activate it. They took it-- it's not in my inventory-- but it isn't in their game list. I got curious and startled googling, and it turns out that they have a pattern of taking games without activating.

YBIkx1B.jpg

I'm not going to name names. I'm sure detective-gaf could find lots of people who do this. The community here is pretty good, but it's hard to see that past the scum sometimes.

You need to PM Sump to add him to the blacklist

~Kinggi~

Banned

YBIkx1B.jpg

So zeroOman is doing bad things? Ban?

gngf123

YBIkx1B.jpg

Er... you say you aren't naming names, but isn't the name right there in the giveaway post?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

YBIkx1B.jpg

That should be bannable. Don´t make the name public but try talking with a mod.

Chariot

Why not telling names? Protect others to not make the same mistake. Such things shouldn't be tolerated. People here are generous, if that's abused that just bad.

YBIkx1B.jpg

Sounds like a hard banning is in order.

Turfster

the person who claimed it didn't activate it. They took it-- it's not in my inventory-- but it isn't in their game list. I got curious and startled googling, and it turns out that they have a pattern of taking games without activating.
Yeah, that's a blacklisting

Does clicking a hyperlink induct me into DetectiveGaf? I'd really like a badge and gun.

Seriously though, this is why we have a blacklist for Modbot giveaways :)

Wow I was just about to add cloudbuilt to my cart but noticed I had a pm. Thank you Bssig12 (hope I spelled that right).

Anyone interested in adventure games is doing themselves a favor picking up BrokenAge, it's funny, looks gorgeous, and so far the puzzles have been enjoyable.

Shade

A few more bundle goodies. Should be unused. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sonic Adventure DX -- MB-C04DDA41077B40BA - Taken by Shackzam. 6 entrants total.
magicka vietnam -- MB-800B9B57F4AD1036 - Taken by illusionary. 2 entrants total.
Sol Survivor -- MB-56E022AFBEF3EEDF - Taken by kcp12304. 2 entrants total.
painkiller black edition -- MB-0DC7081FB8BE0704 - Taken by alekth. 6 entrants total.
Dead Pixel -- MB-DBC798BC639D583D - Taken by Diedac. 6 entrants total.
trine -- MB-D4BA930921814181 - Taken by Ronabo. 2 entrants total.
Defenders of ardania -- MB-B7080844E265B935 - Taken by Brannon. 1 entrants total.
magicka -- MB-ED456E74643AA71F - Taken by Killadji. 5 entrants total.

t1403990712z1.png

AngerdX

EClx5mo.png

As a backer and a lover of anything Tim Shafer I have decided to give away Broken Age! But with a twist!

Two of the mystery games are Broken Age.
The other three are Bad Rats.

Choose wisely and goodluck!

Thanks for the raffle.

Couldn´t resist the gamble, now let´s hope for the best. :)

How does that work? Is it in HIS inventory now?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

you should name names, thats the worst.

Also is Towerfall that ouija game?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Please name this person immediately.

Buy Wolfenstein: The New Order. That's probably the deal of the sale. Machine Games absolutely nailed the series with their re-imagining of Wolfenstein and how they straddled the divide of old and new school shooter design. Wolfenstein easily has the best campaign in a shooter I've played in years. And it has so much replay value with the alternate timelines, all of the different collectibles and secrets. I hope they stick around and get a few more id franchises thrown their way: Hexen, Quake...Doom, mainly Doom. I want them to do Doom, even though id's working on that right now.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

YBIkx1B.jpg

I'm really sorry this has happened to you. I also had problems with some members, well they were not selling the games they won but they begged me for games. If what you're saying is true, I hope this guy gets what he deserves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom