• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

ihzr9uabyF4R7.jpg

why have I checked it... why...
that's not 100&#8364; I was planning to spend. I so gonna regret this (><)

Resisted the urge to spend my food money on games, success.

could you teach me your restrain?
I still don't believe this is real (><)

OmegaDL50

Even I wonder if I've been blacklisted some times, but then I realise that the blacklist is mostly for abusers. You shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Thanks for the answers folks.

I just have a morals thing about entering things for free stuff and my conscience telling me "Don't be greedy"

Autofokus

Is The Bureau: XCOM Declassified finally worth it discounted 80% @ $5.99?

Thoughts GAF?
I bought it last week, played around 2h and I would say no. Bland and boring, awful writing. I love the regular XCOM games, but I also always liked the Brothers in Arms games - but Declassified doesn't work in either direction.

Eusis

By far the most likely reason why you entered for a lot of stuff and only won once is because everyone entered for a lot of stuff. I really, really, really don't have time to investigate the logs to talk people through why they didn't win an individual giveaway. I do this for free. I don't win anything of value myself. It's not rigged in my favour. I don't get anything out of this. So, again, I have no problem helping people when there are bugs or investigating real issues or whatever, but I really really can't help with this kind of stuff. I really don't have the time to be able to help with it.
I wonder if some people also underestimate how often they've posted in a thread? Well, that they can check on themselves.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Marlow Brigg's combat is the same as God of Wars, so it is pretty boring to me. :(

But the game itself isn't bad. The story is so bad that it's actually kinda good because it knows it's bad so it's going along with it and winking at you. Surprise of the sale of $1 or so(?) though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
how do you view this?

Your account -> Badges -> Steam Summer Adventure 2014 -> How do I earn card drops?

I wonder if some people also underestimate how often they've posted in a thread? Well, that they can check on themselves.

There are a class of people who clearly just enter willy-nilly even if they don't remotely qualify--I see it all the time in the logs. Sometimes I'll see a popular raffle and ModBot draws like 10 or 15 winners before it gets to someone who is actually eligible. But there's also no real punishment, if you're a lurker and you don't qualify then you just won't win it, no harm no foul.

Kiru

Kiru thanks for C&C: Red Alert! Happy Birthday as well!

I'm glad so many people enjoyed the Double Dragon Neon giveaway!

Thank you for the Gotham City Imposters pack!

Thanks a lot Kiru!
Offspring Fling! looks cute as fuck.
Enjoy!

happy birthday Kiru!
Thanks! :)

Anyone has cards to give?

It's only for the great Bad Rats Foil cause.

Need 27 cents.
Add me. I have 1 summer sale card left for your mighty cause! :D

I've spent a lot of time this sale responding to people having anxiety attacks about whether or not they're on the community blacklist. They're not. There aren't a cabal of evil GAFfers sitting around looking for random members to blacklist. The blacklist is very small and everyone on it got on it from being serial abusers. No one is randomly blocking people who are just finding out about ModBot during the summer sale and entered for ten or fifteen raffles and won one or two. No one cares about that.

You know how many games the top winner has won? Hundreds.
You know how many giveaways the top enterer has entered for? 2500.
You are not part of the problem.

Separate from the blacklist, there is an automatic throttle on winners. It's 15 minutes between wins + if you've won a lot in the last week, it uses a higher timer. This is an automatic thing. It only impacts you on a rolling basis for less than a week. I don't log or record people who get to this threshold. No one has access to this. It's literally when you're picked to win something, ModBot says "How much has this person won in the last week? Okay, based on that, here's the time that needs to have passed since their last win: <x>. Has it been that long? It hasn't? Then they can't win. It has? Then they can win."

By far the most likely reason why you entered for a lot of stuff and only won once is because everyone entered for a lot of stuff. I really, really, really don't have time to investigate the logs to talk people through why they didn't win an individual giveaway. I do this for free. I don't win anything of value myself. It's not rigged in my favour. I don't get anything out of this. So, again, I have no problem helping people when there are bugs or investigating real issues or whatever, but I really really can't help with this kind of stuff. I really don't have the time to be able to help with it.

Stump you always carry yourself as an expert and a professional. Glad we've got you

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Someone told me there is a Road Rash like game on Steam, anyone have any idea what it is? Motobike, always heading forward, kicking or punching people off their bikes, etc.

thebloo

Reposting this for visibility. Have a great night everyone!

ModBot said:
Instructions for thebloo:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ikaruga -- MB-17574B60E819C962 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 106 entrants total.

t1404084759z1.png

If you buy it from Steam, it still launches through uPlay, the only "advantage" is that it's in your Steam library.

Sorry, but no. That's not all.

Steam is also used as the download and patching mechanism. So you don't have to deal with uPlay bs when it comes to getting your game updated. :p

If I have $1 left on an M&M card, what $1> game would you guys recommend on Steam? Also I already own Marlow Briggs.

One Way Heroics looks neat since I like roguelikes, but I'm not sure I like the idea of it autoscrolling. Does it handle it well?

DRxKU3G.png

Introducing the Why didn't you buy these games when they were on sale ya dingus; or, the 2nd chance raffle!
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Papers Please -- MB-013DE941F9C38401
Risk of Rain -- MB-38274AAE14C871F1
Long Live the Queen -- MB-EE29CFBEABC108FC

t1404086332z1.png

30 minute warining: Two of these are definitely bad rats, the other is probably bad rats but might be Divinity Original Sin. Good luck!

And for the veterans in here who most assuredly have bad rats but may want divinity OS, go ahead and enter. If you win bad rats (all three of you) just pass the love on down the line and gift it to some poor sap in here

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

mystery game #3 -- MB-B0E9807B54920A2E - Taken by The One Qoo
mystery game #2 -- MB-A6E3DFDB8F37B7D0 - Taken by Rnr1224
mystery game -- MB-F0BA311F5FB70F5C - Taken by jres80

t1404077834z1.png

divinity_os.jpg

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Damn, I thought the universe smiled on me when I found money in the washing machine, but then I run into this stumbling block.

Might just have to ask my buddy to buy me some keys in exchange for a wire transfer or something.

I only won the thing once! totally not worth it, I never asked for this.

Best off asking your friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom