• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking it up, it would appear that you used attack matrixes in 1st Edition AD&D. Which look crazy.

But you're right in that the D&D ruleset is much easier to understand if you've played it in a group.

There may have been a change in between editions then cause I remember in my dungeon master screens having THAC0 lookups and other book ( monster manual as well as fiend folio) different monsters having a THAC0 rating.

Then again, it was Advanced D&D not regular D&D. But yes, it seems now that it was a pretty complex system.

I feel old now. =(

EDIT: Disregard. Getting old AND senile. 1st edition did not call it THAC0. Uzzy was right in that it was a matrix ( just looked it over to check).

Enco

I kinda wish I was really rich.

I would set up such an awesome giveaway. Graphics, awesome expensive games and all!

One day. One day.

I kinda wish I was really rich.

I would set up such an awesome giveaway. Graphics, awesome expensive games and all!

One day. One day.

if i was really rich i wouldnt be on gaf let alone playing games as i'd be out doing things like riding a yacht or some shit

but that's just me

Monooboe

I'm refusing to disregard, because I'm offended by the thought of comparing Original Sin with Neverwinter Nights (1) :p

Neverwinter Nights with it's expansions and modules was one of my favorite RPG experiences! I think it's unfair to judge it based on the out-of-the-box experience.

With that said, it does sound like I have something to look forward to in Original Sin.:D

Instro

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

orNl5QK.jpg

Civilization V -- MB-FF5E6A55F04E343A - Taken by Hugstable. 13 entrants total.

t1404074419z1.png

Been meaning to give this away for awhile, now seems like a good a time as any.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I want Dishonored but I'm leary towards the GOTY version. I don't want any of those added traits or whatever to spoil the game's balance. Is it safe to buy?

The only thing to worry about in that regard are presented to you right near the character's bed in the hub between missions and to avoid any issues, simply don't pick them up.

Edit: Actually I forgot. You can simply disable which DLC you download now. Right Click a game on your Steam library list, properties, and DLC tab. Remove the checkmark for the ones you don't want for your first couple of play throughs.

Is The Bureau: XCOM Declassified finally worth it discounted 80% @ $5.99?

Thoughts GAF?

I believe so. It's not quite the strategy gem the other X-Com or XCOMs are, but I've enjoyed it all the same actually walking around getting to know the characters and seeing how they are handling the situation of aliens attacking. Game play wise it has a couple of faults with poor A.I. in partners, but as long as you keep on them for what to do, it can be rewarding to take out an entire enemy encampment with no loss on your side.

I can't say I would recommend it above that price however.

My last reminder, good luck to all those who entered.

wHu6pFw.png

As a backer and a lover of anything Tim Shafer I have decided to give away Broken Age! But with a twist!

Two of the mystery games are Broken Age.
The other three are Bad Rats.

Choose wisely and goodluck!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-E037FE8A4B47BE4D - Taken by Servizio. 32 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-6F88A13F8B97A0C3 - Taken by Terra_Ex. 48 entrants total.
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-C6F14D5A5EE06C0D - Taken by gngf123. 26 entrants total.
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-40840119B5AAEEB7 - Taken by dream. 66 entrants total.
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-03CF13D4DA2C7C29 - Taken by Sajjaja. 33 entrants total.

t1404075335z1.png

Enco

if i was really rich i wouldnt be on gaf let alone playing games as i'd be out doing things like riding a yacht or some shit

but that's just me
True. GAF finds a way into your life though.

It's destiny.

It's the thought that counts.
As long as it's not Bad Rats.

Do cheap ones but from heart.
So deep.
Good points. I always feel like it's not enough. So far I've given lots of bundle stuff which I admit isn't very special. I've only given away a couple good standalone games.

Screw it I'll try think of a giveaway. If I find some decent affordable games I'll do it.

injurai

Banned
The only thing to worry about in that regard are presented to you right near the character's bed in the hub between missions and to avoid any issues, simply don't pick them up.

Edit: Actually I forgot. You can simply disable which DLC you download now. Right Click a game on your Steam library list, properties, and DLC tab. Remove the checkmark for the ones you don't want for your first couple of play throughs.

I always forget about that feature, thanks I can proceed without fear.

demented

Question about mystery giveaway, what if you get something you already own? Free to regift or or you give it back and it goes to next person?

Gangxxter

(Final repost!)

Greetings pedestrian thread-goers, veteran Steam-users, and desperate wallet-emptiers alike! Step riiiight up, step right up!

tvbx2Fx.jpg

Feeling let down after a long week of binge-refreshing this and other threads, hoping for amazing sale news?
Tired of staring at those games on your wishlist that just never quite seemed to want to go on sale?
Or d'ya simply get stuck on Team Blue-balls?

Well, I can't exactly help with all that, however...

Allow me to present to you Three Mysteeerrrrious Doors, each concealing a secret so intriguing - so mind-bending - that they must not be named here.
Choose one - and ONLY one - to see where your true fortune lies:

Will Real Horror overcome you, rendering you a senseless mass of nightmares and despair?

Will you feel the gnawing of Rats at your very soul - taking their Revenge on you for their own twisted existence?

Or, will you stand up, Dust yourself off, and press on into the future, 'til your own Tail's end?

May Lady Luck find you... before despair takes you!
ha ha... hahHA... MUAHAHAHAHAAAAAaaaahhh...
Hehe, I like that. Entered for Door #1
Door #X sounds too scary

Ponn

Banned
So I was limited a little bit by small but scrappy Asus T100 but I did buy a couple games that seem to be running fairly and surprisingly well from Steam sale

Baldurs Gate 2 EE
Witcher 1 EE
The Last Remnant

and I got Bastion from nice GAFfer.

With my previous Steam games and the recent GMG sale i'm pretty set for gaming on this thing for awhile.

Copons

I want Dishonored but I'm leary towards the GOTY version. I don't want any of those added traits or whatever to spoil the game's balance. Is it safe to buy?

I played the GOTY, and IIRC things are cleanly separated in the main menu.
Like: "play campaign / play DLCs -> play DLC1 / play DLC2" or something.

I don't remember weird unbalanced or out of place weapons in the base campaign. So I'd say it's perfectly safe to just install it as-is.

ArjanN

Speaking of shmups, aku:jiki, take note:
crimzonk9kau.png

Amazing run (for me), no life loss during first three stages, lost a live on 4th boss, than a few on fifth and all others on the EX boss. Who I beat with a spread of bullets nearing my ship, no boost/bomb energy and just pumped full of adrenaline.
Guys, seriously, Crimzon Clover is my 2014 GOTY.

Got that achievement the other day, novice mode is a great inclusion for people new to shmups, it's very manageable.

Now to switch to normal arcade difficulty...

thebloo

The end of this sale for me. Here's something for you guys.

ModBot said:
Instructions for thebloo:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Ikaruga -- MB-17574B60E819C962 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 106 entrants total.

t1404084759z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom