• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

I've barely played Civ V at all since I got Gods & Kings, and yet I'm still tempted to spend some of my credit on Brave New World on GMG. Such is the neverending Civ addiction.

Adventis

I believe so. It's not quite the strategy gem the other X-Com or XCOMs are, but I've enjoyed it all the same actually walking around getting to know the characters and seeing how they are handling the situation of aliens attacking. Game play wise it has a couple of faults with poor A.I. in partners, but as long as you keep on them for what to do, it can be rewarding to take out an entire enemy encampment with no loss on your side.

I can't say I would recommend it above that price however.

Thanks guys!! Think I may well pull the trigger on this before the day is out.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
List time? List time.

Purchases:
  • Bionic Commando: Rearmed
  • The Blackwell Bundle
  • Can't Stop Laughing Bundle
  • Castle Crashers DLC x2 (9 cents each)
  • Dark Void™ Zero
  • Defy Gravity Extended
  • Escape Goat
  • Ghostbusters: The Videogame
  • Goat Simulator
  • Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy
  • Ikaruga
  • Insaniquarium Deluxe
  • Noitu Love 2: Devolution
  • PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+ All You Can Eat Edition
  • Portal 2
  • Portal 2 - The Final Hours
  • Retro City Rampage
  • Retro/Grade
  • Risk of Rain
  • Rogue Legacy
  • SEGA Genesis Classics Bundle 5 (dat PSO and Dynamite Headdy)
  • Spelunky
  • Super Amazing Wagon Adventure
From awesome giveaway peeps/random free games:
  • Adventures of Shuggy
  • Beatblasters III
  • Fractal
  • Inversion
  • NightSky HD
  • NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits
  • Sanctum Collection
  • The Showdown Effect
SteamGAF is love SteamGAF is life

OmegaDL50

The end of this sale for me. Here's something for you guys.

Nice Raffle, and the game is on my wishlist too, but I'm not participating sorry.

I think I entered enough Raffles as it is and I don't want to push my luck.

Best of Luck to those that participate.

gogosox82

Revengeance worth it for $15? Love platinum games but I'm not the biggest metal gear fan in the world and would probably be lost story wise.

Dambrosi

Banned
Err, got a question. How do you determined who is abusing the Raffles.

I know I entered quite a few of them and only won the one time. I just don't want to abuse the system or anything.

I don't want to be on anyone's shit list, that's for certain.
You can't have entered as many as I have, and I still won something today, so I'd say you're safe as houses (unless I'm near getting shitlisted too, in which case, I'd say "fuck my life").

Crusader's Kings II is soooo good, so I've got a question. The Sons of Abraham and Old Gods DLC, have they ever been cheaper? I really want to get them

demolitio

I only have a little bit more money left so out of these games and I'm in the mood for something different, which one would you guys suggest? I can't make up my mind!

Banished
Planetary Annihilation (seems like there's a lot of potential)
The Walking Dead S2

Uzzy

ha was wondering what in the hell you were saying :D but aye, first time trying BG1 never having touched a d&d game of any sort before and I feel I'll need to read a wiki on the ruleset to play the game.

Just make sure it's a AD&D 2nd Edition wiki that you use, and not the D&D 3rd Edition wiki, or the Pathfinder wiki, as those are entirely different rulesets and you'll just get even more confused! I'd strongly suggest looking through the manuals, available here.

Revengeance worth it for $15? Love platinum games but I'm not the biggest metal gear fan in the world and would probably be lost story wise.

Yes. The story is pretty much stand alone, and the gameplay in it is fantastic. Also you'll finally get the RULES OF NATURE references.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
You can't have entered as many as I have, and I still won something today, so I'd say you're safe as houses (unless I'm near getting shitlisted too, in which case, I'd say "fuck my life").

I think that as long as you don't do something shitty like reselling keys and such, entering a lot of giveaways won't get you blacklisted, even if you win a lot.

Wozzer

Hmmmm

DA:O

or

Baulder's Gate II

I have enough in my wallet for one but not both.

Dragon Age: Origins is awesome, go for it!

Dragon Age!

Seeing as there's a sequel coming up soon, grab Dragon Age: Origins.

Easily Dragon Age: Origins.

101.gif

Baldur's Gate II... an RPG classic and one of the best games of all time. Though that's not to say Dragon Age is bad.

jblank83

Baldur's Gate II... an RPG classic and one of the best games of all time. Though that's not to say Dragon Age is bad.

I don't personally consider BG 2 one of the best games of all time (unless we're talking, like, top 1000), but I do like it, and I like it much more than Dragon's Age.

gogosox82

Just make sure it's a AD&D 2nd Edition wiki that you use, and not the D&D 3rd Edition wiki, or the Pathfinder wiki, as those are entirely different rulesets and you'll just get even more confused! I'd strongly suggest looking through the manuals, available here.

Yes. The story is pretty much stand alone, and the gameplay in it is fantastic. Also you'll finally get the RULES OF NATURE references.

Thanks. Gonna grab it and try it out.

hohoXD123

List time? List time.

Purchases:
  • Bionic Commando: Rearmed
  • The Blackwell Bundle
  • Can't Stop Laughing Bundle
  • Castle Crashers DLC x2 (9 cents each)
  • Dark Void™ Zero
  • Defy Gravity Extended
  • Escape Goat
  • Ghostbusters: The Videogame
  • Goat Simulator
  • Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy
  • Ikaruga
  • Insaniquarium Deluxe
  • Noitu Love 2: Devolution
  • PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+ All You Can Eat Edition
  • Portal 2
  • Portal 2 - The Final Hours
  • Retro City Rampage
  • Retro/Grade
  • Risk of Rain
  • Rogue Legacy
  • SEGA Genesis Classics Bundle 5 (dat PSO and Dynamite Headdy)
  • Spelunky
  • Super Amazing Wagon Adventure
From awesome giveaway peeps/random free games:
  • Adventures of Shuggy
  • Beatblasters III
  • Fractal
  • Inversion
  • NightSky HD
  • NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits
  • Sanctum Collection
  • The Showdown Effect
SteamGAF is love SteamGAF is life

No list time.

BruteUA

I haven't played a Metal Gear since Snake Eater. I played through the second mission (I think) of Revengeance, and so far I don't think I've come across anything that made me feel like I was missing something or that it's even really strongly connected to an ongoing story. Then again, I might not really be paying enough attention to the cutscenes because I just want to get back to slicing stuff like a ninja. So you may want to look at other opinions.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Err, got a question. How do you determined who is abusing the Raffles.

I know I entered quite a few of them and only won the one time. I just don't want to abuse the system or anything.

I don't want to be on anyone's shit list, that's for certain.

I've spent a lot of time this sale responding to people having anxiety attacks about whether or not they're on the community blacklist. They're not. There aren't a cabal of evil GAFfers sitting around looking for random members to blacklist. The blacklist is very small and everyone on it got on it from being serial abusers. No one is randomly blocking people who are just finding out about ModBot during the summer sale and entered for ten or fifteen raffles and won one or two. No one cares about that.

You know how many games the top winner has won? Hundreds.
You know how many giveaways the top enterer has entered for? 2500.
You are not part of the problem.

Separate from the blacklist, there is an automatic throttle on winners. It's 15 minutes between wins + if you've won a lot in the last week, it uses a higher timer. This is an automatic thing. It only impacts you on a rolling basis for less than a week. I don't log or record people who get to this threshold. No one has access to this. It's literally when you're picked to win something, ModBot says "How much has this person won in the last week? Okay, based on that, here's the time that needs to have passed since their last win: <x>. Has it been that long? It hasn't? Then they can't win. It has? Then they can win."

By far the most likely reason why you entered for a lot of stuff and only won once is because everyone entered for a lot of stuff. I really, really, really don't have time to investigate the logs to talk people through why they didn't win an individual giveaway. I do this for free. I don't win anything of value myself. It's not rigged in my favour. I don't get anything out of this. So, again, I have no problem helping people when there are bugs or investigating real issues or whatever, but I really really can't help with this kind of stuff. I really don't have the time to be able to help with it.

Capture.png

Team pink flipping tables!

Never knew there was a Neogaf Steam group, how do you get an invite for that?

Have cards 5 & 8 if anyone wants them, PM me

Revengeance is a spin-off more than anything. There are some references to MGS2 but other than that you can play it without knowing anything about MGS and still enjoy it.

I'm going to have to set aside some time for that (275 pages!) but thanks for the link!

TronLight

It's worth 5 times that. Yes. I'm saying that about a Steam game.

It has nothing in common with Metal Gear, beside the main character and a few enemies. Beside that, zilch.

TronLight

I've spent a lot of time this sale responding to people having anxiety attacks about whether or not they're on the community blacklist. They're not. There aren't a cabal of evil GAFfers sitting around looking for random members to blacklist. The blacklist is very small and everyone on it got on it from being serial abusers. No one is randomly blocking people who are just finding out about ModBot during the summer sale and entered for ten or fifteen raffles and won one or two. No one cares about that.

You know how many games the top winner has won? Hundreds.
You know how many giveaways the top enterer has entered for? 2500.
You are not part of the problem.

Separate from the blacklist, there is an automatic throttle on winners. It's 15 minutes between wins + if you've won a lot in the last week, it uses a higher timer. This is an automatic thing. It only impacts you on a rolling basis for less than a week. I don't log or record people who get to this threshold. No one has access to this. It's literally when you're picked to win something, ModBot says "How much has this person won in the last week? Okay, based on that, here's the time that needs to have passed since their last win: <x>. Has it been that long? It hasn't? Then they can't win. It has? Then they can win."

By far the most likely reason why you entered for a lot of stuff and only won once is because everyone entered for a lot of stuff. I really, really, really don't have time to investigate the logs to talk people through why they didn't win an individual giveaway. I do this for free. I don't win anything of value myself. It's not rigged in my favour. I don't get anything out of this. So, again, I have no problem helping people when there are bugs or investigating real issues or whatever, but I really really can't help with this kind of stuff. I really don't have the time to be able to help with it.

So, mine was just bad luck after all. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom