• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Now read your original post again. It states the opposite.

This quote has no connection to the list you posted, though.

Yeah I misunderstood a bit the context, sorry!

I think you are misunderstanding the context a bit. They are claiming that there were 7,000 keys stolen and then listed all of the retailers who are not going to sell you a stolen/revoked key.

You are right, but from where those steam keys were stolen?

gmg just posted this

Yeah, I saw that too, thanks for clarify this!

That list seems very doubtful to me, most of those are authorized retailers.

yGray

Banned
Pretty sure I accidently disqualified myself from nbnt's raffle for sending 3 different PMs to ModBot. I assumed it was one entry per pm.

Pretty bummed. I would have totally only entered for The Witcher 3

tmarg

Holy cow

Btw:

THE VENDORS LISTED ARE THE SAFE ONES, NOT THE ONES WITH STOLEN KEYS

The list doesn't make sense. GMG has a post up on their blog specifically stating they haven't been affected, and I haven't heard any trustworthy sources say otherwise.

I think the sketchy sites that got burned are trying to spread a lot of misinformation about this.

Pretty sure I accidently disqualified myself from nbnt's raffle for sending 3 different PMs to ModBot. I assumed it was one entry per pm.

Pretty bummed. I would have totally only entered for The Witcher 3
Sorry. Unless there giveaway has a free for all rule attached to it, it's just one PM per person. Something to keep in mind for the future, I guess.

MUnited83

For you.
0Q0D5qr.png

Dat Australian inflation.

Never forget.

I started summer sale with 7 games on wishlist. Purchased about 10 games, most on wishlist. Now my wishlist like 15 games. How the fuk does that work??? thx neogaf

Arksy

You know what's annoying...me sitting there waiting to pull the trigger for the Divinity: Original Sin game, and going 'nah, I'll wait until it's a full game rather than just the first 20 hours or so...nothing worse than playing half an RPG' and the next goddamn day the full release comes out...

If anyone got the double pack and has a spare...let me know! :D

Nabs

Setting up GFWL on a new system (for a friend who doesn't use their Xbox account) can be a pain in the ass. Fucking Microsoft.

> Download Sign-in Assistant
>> Sign in.
>>> Fail
>>>>Sign into Xbox.com and accept TOS (This is something I would have never figured out without GAF)

>Download Dark Souls
>>Download GFWL update
>>>Pray.

Funny how DSFix is the easy part. 30 seconds tops.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The list doesn't make sense. GMG has a post up on their blog specifically stating they haven't been affected, and I haven't heard any trustworthy sources say otherwise.

I think the sketchy sites that got burned are trying to spread a lot of misinformation about this.

That list is of retailers Rebellion is officially affiliated with, not of the retailers who are stocking stolen keys.

Caerith

They provide keys directly to the listed retailers, including Amazon and Humble.
None of the retailers they provide keys directly to were affected.

However, they also provide keys to retailers using one or more distributors.

Yeah. At first I was thinking, "Why would Amazon go through a third party instead of the publisher directly?" and then I saw the actual text and realized it was all out of context.

Welp that's it. I have not won one big giveaway in all of this. Guess I'll go look at the 300+ games I already have in my library.

Dead Rising 3 -- MB-DB407046E8EC0373 - Taken by jshackles. 78 entrants total.

Congrats to jshackles though. He deserves it.

Lain

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metal Planet -- MB-6258757A8A91B3F0 - Taken by LostAtLife
RUSH -- MB-97C57F90F3A522E6 - Taken by nightstorm
Dreaming Sarah -- MB-E86EE3C79661A20B - Taken by Kifimbo

Pachimari

I have €1.71 on my Steam Wallet and have been locked out from transffering money to my account for the 2nd time today. Is anyone willing to sell me a tf2 key for €1.71, so that I can buy the game for 10 keys from a trader?

EDIT:
Actually, I'm gonna try sell of a card.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My face right now:

2n1g7pc.gif

Oh my god, thanks so much nbnt!

MUnited83

For you.
su4hhbU.png
[/IMG]
Really hilarious how GOG stance on regional pricing changed. I mean, with other publishers I get it. With their own games after making a point that regional pricing was unfair since the beginning?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom