• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I found a seller selling me Witcher 3 for 11 keys and I have 9, and can't transfer money to my steam wallet again - and he have given me 5 minutes. Could a kind soul here trade me 2 keys and I'll give them back later?

The Witcher 3 is already pretty low price for me. i'll give CDPR my money.

iSvm4UBcZ5glk.png

Lol, that is probably why the person I tried to buy one from keeps delaying. You'd figure with over a hundred feedback such people wouldn't do these things but oh well. Live and learn, hopefully I get my keys back although I obviously don't expect to.

Suppose it's common sense but never trade keys for game codes, even if the person has tons of feedback >_> Unless it's a physical voucher.

Holy cow

Btw:

THE VENDORS LISTED ARE THE SAFE ONES, NOT THE ONES WITH STOLEN KEYS

Rebellion Gamestore stole keys from Rebellion. I don't think this is correct.

That doesn't sound likely at all. All those stores are legit and get keys directly from publishers.

That list seems wrong, maybe they are the ones that have no stolen keys at all?

I'll post the source again :D

http://steamcommunity.com/app/238090/discussions/0/540744936577983546/

To clarify, aside from Steam itself, digital keys for Sniper Elite 3 can be bought from the below list of licensed partners. We can confirm that we have not revoked any keys sent to these companies, nor have they reported any problems to us. This is the full list of companies that get their keys direct from us for digital sale – we do not sell to anyone else.

Amazon.com
Buka (for Russian keys)
Game.co.uk
Gamefly
GamersGate
Green Man Gaming
Humble Store
Metaboli (multiple sites, see below)
Nexway (affiliates, see below)
Rebellion Gamestore
Yeah. False alarm.

Read it again

BruteUA

So what am I supposed to do with this random dollar after I bought a 5 worth of steam credit from the M&M thing?

Leave it there to remind you to use Enhanced Steam next time and add the whole $6.

And if you're using mobile or something that can't use ES, I'm really sorry I sound like an asshole.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Finally won the M&M's giveaway a second time. But it turns out that the card doesn't have any available funds. Tried purchasing something for $5.98 - declined. Tried purchasing something for $0.32 - declined.

:(

It hasn't been my morning.

Jawmuncher

Leave it there to remind you to use Enhanced Steam next time and add the whole $6.

And if you're using mobile or something that can't use ES, I'm really sorry I sound like an asshole.

Was on mobile when I used it but now i'm home. I just couldn't wait just in case.
But if I win again will remember for next time.

$1 Amazon gift card.

This is what I ended up doing so thanks.

MUnited83

For you.
I found a seller selling me Witcher 3 for 11 keys and I have 9, and can't transfer money to my steam wallet again - and he have given me 5 minutes. Could a kind soul here trade me 2 keys and I'll give them back later?

Sent you a PM, know of a guy trading it for 10 keys.

Arthea

So 7000 Sniper Elite III keys were stolen and now Rebellion blocked them...

For those who doesn't know ...

gmg just posted this

You may recently have seen various articles about Sniper Elite 3 keys being revoked meaning some keys were disabled on Steam.

We want to confirm that this issue does NOT affect Green Man Gaming, nor any of our customers who bought Sniper Elite 3 from us.

We are an official retailer for Sniper Elite 3 and have a direct contract with Rebellion. We had confirmation from them this morning that a batch of unauthorised keys became available for sale. They have confirmed that this did not affect keys sold by Green Man Gaming, as we are an official retail partner.

That list seems very doubtful to me, most of those are authorized retailers.

Holy cow

Btw:

THE VENDORS LISTED ARE THE SAFE ONES, NOT THE ONES WITH STOLEN KEYS

oh, that explains it, this list seemed out of place with all key stealing business

Getting revoked is not a benefit lol. The only benefit from this system is insanely lower prices for the vast majority of the games. (I.E. Getting witcher 3 at a measly 20$).

Nah, it's just for the piece of mind. For more costly purchases, paying with second-hand keys can work out cheaper than PayPal, however, again, you'd be outside of Valve's reach.

Ah, ok. I thought the price is same in the end for games.
For example, if I'd send 20$ via paypal to a russian trader, he'd buy witcher 3 for 20$ from RU store.
Likewise, I'd need to buy keys worth 20$, send them to a russian trader for him to buy witcher 3. So it'd be 20$ for the game either way.

But if I can get the witcher 3 by buying keys worth less than 20$ and trade with russians, then this is a better way.

Gotta learn how market works. Thanks guys.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Weird. Funny that it says it next to the Winter 2013 badge and not any of the other sale badges.

I'd say that was just a brief bug. When a badge can no longer be crafted, the "Play Game" option disappears. I'm not seeing it on any of my (crafted) sale badges.

Myshkin

Amazon and Humble selling stolen seems strange.

They provide keys directly to the listed retailers, including Amazon and Humble.
None of the retailers they provide keys directly to were affected.

However, they also provide keys to retailers using one or more distributors.

To clarify, one of our PC retail distributors informed us that some of their allotted Steam keys were stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom