• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

Which kinda begs the question of why Sony nor MS approached SEGA for Bayo 2 on their next gen systems.
I mean heck Sony announced Grim Fandango HD...out of effin' nowhere.

Sega feels nostalgic. Remember the times when it was SEGA vs Nintendo? Yeah they want their old rivals to stay alive. They feel bad for how poorly their systems are doing.

Toki767

I won on the first day I tried and have since then lost like 8 straight so I'm almost to the point where I'm about to give up trying.

It's like a minute of your time to get a possible $6...you can do it while you wait for your GAF posting time limit to lift lol

KainXVIII

Congrats, KainXVII. Enjoy!

Thank you!

young_link_congrats_screen_3_in_ssbm_by_adnintendogs-d4qys10.jpg

Anteater

It's just that Bayonetta 2 port begging is kind of ridiculous. You might as well ask for a Steam version of the new Zelda.

Not to mention the sheer volume of ridiculous port begging that game gets elsewhere on this site, even though Nintendo are the only reason why that game exists to begin with (Sega cancelled it, nobody else wanted it). You would have thought people would've learnt by now.

To be fair steamgaf rarely tread outside the steam thread :p Usually people don't mean platform war when it comes to port discussion, sometimes they just don't keep up with who owns the IP and what not. It's not like people are going "Fucking Platinum you sellout and betraying fans blah blah!" which seems to be common theme that occurs with bayo2 on wii u

KainXVIII

Some leftovers

ModBot said:
Instructions for KainXVIII:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box Origin Key #2 -- MB-3C15EEAAB7051E19 - Taken by Sarcasm
vRvbDCu.png
Command Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising Origin Key -- MB-285C05403D575C58 - Taken by Sarcasm
t1cxE6r.gif
Aerena -- MB-444C6D17323ED285 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor Origin Key #2 -- MB-653BAABAED4AB200 - Taken by tav7623. 1 entrants total.
Dungeons of Dredmor Steam Key #2 -- MB-65E3E610081D8AEE - Taken by JustLynx. 6 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Mirrors Edge Origin Key -- MB-992E3DF2C8F04C02 - Taken by bacon-bits. 2 entrants total.
Batman Arkham Origins DLC #2 -- MB-5BB07458E7E52611 - Taken by Leatherface. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising Origin Key #2 -- MB-285C05403D575C58 - Taken by Sarcasm
vRvbDCu.png
Mirrors Edge Origin Key #2 -- MB-992E3DF2C8F04C02 - Taken by bacon-bits. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin Key #2 -- MB-84F92FE219BCFC1A - Taken by Arksy. 1 entrants total.

t1404154648z1.png

Hugstable

Banned
Does Civ 5 Brave New World have any region restrictions for anything? Selling some cards and might have enough to pull out 2 keys, and found someone selling Brave New World expansion on TF2outpost for 2 keys.

I'm playing Absolution, I have played one hit but that was really long time ago.

That's still not bad. It also depends how you are trying to do the hit. I know some of my stealth attempts didn't go as planned several times. Or you might use attempts to explore the stage and find your options. Hitman games have some unique ways to kill people if you can find them.

Toki767

Is there a way for ModBot to tell you how many giveaways you've entered? I'm kind of curious. I know it tells you what games you've won/given.

Pachimari

CDPR could disable cross-region gifting/trading, however this would only affect unused or new gift copies (specifically those sourced from South America, South-east Asia or Eastern Europe). A runtime-level restriction isn't really an option with TW3 since Russia is lumped in with the ROW sub rather than the European sub.

Alright. I'm buying a ROW version from a Russian now then. :)

Hugstable

Banned
Yo.

Dungeons of Dredmor is a great game people.

Yes it very much is. I remember getting into the game for a few days back when the Steam Summer sale used to have it's own achievements you could get in the individual indie games that were usually on sale that day, and Dungeons of Dredmore had one, and I ended up playing alot more than just going for that single achievement. It was my first Roguelike game ever! (Well first that I know if since I learned of the Genre Name Roguelike, I'm pretty sure I've played another and just don't remember)

So 7000 Sniper Elite III keys were stolen and now Rebellion blocked them...

For those who doesn't know ...

Rebellion has also posted a list of vendors who do have stolen Steam keys for those who still want to purchase Sniper Elite III:

Amazon.com
Buka (for Russian keys)
Game.co.uk
Gamefly
GamersGate
Green Man Gaming
Humble Store
Metaboli sites
Nexway affiliates
Rebellion Gamestore

So 7000 Sniper Elite III keys were stolen and now Rebellion blocked them...

For those who doesn't know ...

Lol, that is probably why the person I tried to buy one from keeps delaying. You'd figure with over a hundred feedback such people wouldn't do these things but oh well. Live and learn, hopefully I get my keys back although I obviously don't expect to.

Suppose it's common sense but never trade keys for game codes, even if the person has tons of feedback >_> Unless it's a physical voucher.

TsuXna

That's still not bad. It also depends how you are trying to do the hit. I know some of my stealth attempts didn't go as planned several times. Or you might use attempts to explore the stage and find your options. Hitman games have some unique ways to kill people if you can find them.
Well it's really been a while since I've played stealth games, so not very good at it. Getting used to now tho.

liezryou

So, you buy keys with real money and use them as virtual currency.
Are there any benefits to buy from RU with keys besides the ability to revoke trade via steam?

Getting revoked is not a benefit lol. The only benefit from this system is insanely lower prices for the vast majority of the games. (I.E. Getting witcher 3 at a measly 20$).

Kayant

Some leftovers

Hmmm that reminds me I got a bunch of origin keys I got in the origin humble bundle for a while back as I didn't specify them as a gift. I can't give them away right? because already have them on steam and don't plan on using them on origin.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, you buy keys with real money and use them as virtual currency.
Are there any benefits to buy from RU with keys besides the ability to revoke trade via steam?

Nah, it's just for the piece of mind. For more costly purchases, paying with second-hand keys can work out a little cheaper than PayPal, however, again, you'd be outside of Valve's reach.

Getting revoked is not a benefit lol. The only benefit from this system is insanely lower prices for the vast majority of the games. (I.E. Getting witcher 3 at a measly 20$).

He meant reverse.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

I'm pretty sure that is a list of trusted vendors, not the other way around.

EDIT:

To clarify, aside from Steam itself, digital keys for Sniper Elite 3 can be bought from the below list of licensed partners. We can confirm that we have not revoked any keys sent to these companies, nor have they reported any problems to us. This is the full list of companies that get their keys direct from us for digital sale – we do not sell to anyone else.

MUnited83

For you.
The actual quote right now:

"To clarify, aside from Steam itself, digital keys for Sniper Elite 3 can be bought from the below list of licensed partners. We can confirm that we have not revoked any keys sent to these companies, nor have they reported any problems to us. This is the full list of companies that get their keys direct from us for digital sale – we do not sell to anyone else.

Amazon.com
Buka (for Russian keys)
Game.co.uk
Gamefly
GamersGate
Green Man Gaming
Humble Store
Metaboli (multiple sites, see below)
Nexway (affiliates, see below)
Rebellion Gamestore"

Status
Not open for further replies.